Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Joy and Happiness

I remember the day I received my Sizzix Big Shot in the mail....I was thrilled!  Well, that was over a year ago and I have not used it until now.  I know that happens to so many of us as traditional scrappers have an arsenal of tools, gadgets and paper.  It is hard to use it all.  I decided to use my scalloped card die to create a Christmas card.  The design you see was taken from the packaging.  It was what attracted me to the die.

Here are the steps I followed to create this card.

1.  Select a solid piece of cardstock and a patterned paper of your choice.  Both should be 12x12.  Cut each sheet in half so it measures 12x6.   Run each sheet through your Sizzix die cutting machine.
2.  Select the solid cardstock as your base.  The die will pre-score the card, just fold in half. 
3.  Select the patterned paper and cut so you have two scallops.  (See photo above) 
4.  Glue the patterned paper to the solid cardstock at the folded edge. 
5.  Select your ribbon and tie a bow around the second scallop from the fold of the card. I chose to have the bow at the top so it looks as if it is part of the ornament. (See main photo above)
6.  Adhere your 3-D sticker to the middle section of your card on top of the ribbon and in the middle of your solid and patterned papers. (I used foam squares on the sides of the sticker so it would would adhere directly to the paper.
7.  Position a title sticker to the middle of the solid cardstock and you are done.

I hope you have found this helpful.  Be back soon.

1 comment:

Lynn Biermann said...

Cute card! Love the dimension! I am a big fan of the Sizzix Big Shot! It is my only cutting machine! Great job!