Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Clear Scraps Spiffy Mixable Album - Tutorial

All I can say is you need the patience of a saint to make a truly beautiful mini album.  All kidding aside, this is my first mixed album (chipboard and acrylic) and my first time using acrylic pages. I have to admit, I was a bit nervous, but I am so pleased with the finished album.  The stickles are drying, so I will not have a completed album for a few more hours.

There are so many beautiful mini albums on the market to choose from. I chose the Clear Scraps Spiffy Mixable Album for this project. I absolutely loved the shapes of the pages and the overall look of the album.

You can use any paper line you choose, but for this album, I chose the Nature’s Song Collection from Webster’s Pages. If you are a beginner you may want to use papers from the same collection since they are coordinated for you.

I am providing this tutorial for you in several parts.  Today is part one. 

Supply List
Clear Scraps Spiffy Mixables Album – Clear Scraps
Nature’s Story Book Paper Collection – Webster’s Pages
Nature’s Story Book Die Cut Stickers Sheet – Webster’s Pages
Journaling Cards – Webster’s Pages
Glimmer Chips – Nature – Crème de Chocolat – Tattered Angels
Felt Trim (Ivory) – Prima Marketing Inc.
Chipboard Swirl Border– Unique Pages
Prima Bling Swirl
Prima Flowers- Gypsy Petals Collection - Village
Prima Flowers- Gallery Roses - Novella
Making Memories - Shimmer Flourish Chipboard (Brown)
Gems - Kaisercraft
Ribbon and Trim – Maya Road
Velvet Stitched Blossoms – Maya Road
Assorted Tuille/Ribbon for book clips
Color Box Chalk Inkpad – Olive pastel
Tsukineko – Coffee Bean – Brilliance Pigment Ink
Liquid Pearls – White
Glimmer Mist – Patina and Gold
Ivory Paint – Making Memories
Stickles – Lime Green, Cinnamon and Artic Ice
Minature Frame – Making Memories
Ribbon Glue – Making Memories
Border Stamp of your choice
Crop-a-dile
Detail Scissors
Paper Trimmer
Paint Brush
Brayer
Zip Dry Glue

Getting Started
1. Remove protective plastic from acrylic pieces.
2. Once you have selected the pages that will be covered with patterned paper, trace the shape of the acrylic or chipboard page, then cut. Adhere pieces.
3. Paint your long chipboard swirl and allow to dry. (I let mine dry overnight)

Page 1 – Acrylic sheet (Back)
1. Cut one 2x12 piece of patterned paper. Place the paper on the back of the first acrylic sheet on the right edge. Flip over to mark holes, then punch holes.
2. Adhere the strip to the back, left edge of the page.

This is the only step I followed for the back fo the first page.


Page 1 – Acrylic sheet (Front)

1. Cut one 2x12 piece of patterned paper. Place the paper on top of the first acrylic sheet on the left edge. Flip over to mark holes, then punch holes.
2. Adhere the strip to the front, left edge of the page.
3. Select trim, cut to size and adhere to the edge of the 2x12 strip.
4. Apply one drop of liquid pearls to the edge of each scallop.
5. Apply Stickles (Lime Green) to the edges of the acrylic page. Set aside and allow to dry. (When I stickle, I like to leave it to dry overnight)

Magnifying Glass


1. Adhere the Velvet Stitched Blossom to the top of the magnifying glass handle. I chalked the edges of the blossom with the Olive Pastel chalk ink.
2. Stickle the handle and dots on the circle of the magnifying glass with Lime Green Stickles.
3. Glimmer Mist (Patina) the Glimmer Chip butterfly and adhere to the corner of the magnifying glass.
4. Glue the Glimmer Chip (Magnifying Glass) to the patterned paper as shown above.

**Helpful Hint:  The magnifying glass is actually placed so that the minature frame on page two is in the center.  I placed the frame on the second page before I glued down the magnifying glass.


Page 2 – Scalloped Half Circle (Front)

1. Adhere pattered paper to front and back.
2. File/Sand the edges of the paper to achieve a smooth edge.
3. Ink edges with the Colorbox Chalk Ink in Coffee Bean
4. Trim the ivory felt border to fit the scalloped shape then adhere vertically.  You want to make sure that you can see the border through the first acrylic page. Adhere.
5. Select a square die cut journaling sticker from your sticker sheet and glue to the back of your miniature metal frame. Adhere both to the middle, far right edge of the scalloped page as shown above.



 Page 2 – Scalloped Half Circle – Back

Part 1 – Sentiment
1. Choose the sentiment/wording of your choice to place in the middle of the page. You could also choose a photo.

Step 2 – Flowers/Decorative Elements
I always like to arrange my elements before pasting.
1. Select swirls from Bo Bunny Chunky Charms Swirls and Brackets collection. Arrange in desired shape. I elected to place them under my flowers.
2. Place flowers on top of swirls.
3. Once you have decided on your design, adhere to page.
4. Decorate with Stickles.

Page 3 Curved Acrylic Page

I kept this page very simple. I outlined the edges with Stickles and stamped a design on either side of the middle hole punch. See photo.

You could easily add a photo or other object. Just remember when adding a photo or other object, you should also attach an element behind it. This way, you do not see the glue/tape on the other side.

Page 4 – Curved Chipboard Page (Front)

1. Adhere patterned paper to front and back of chipboard.
2. File the edges and ink.
3. Attach 12 inch ribbon vertically to the inside edge of page. I placed the ribbon approximately ½ inch from the edge. Be sure not to cover the holes.
4. Glue flower to the bottom, right corner.
5. Attach Prima Bling as shown
6. Attach Tattered Angels small butterfly at the top of the bling.

Page 4 (Back)– Curved Chipboard Page


1. Glue flower to the top, left side of the page.
2. Arrange sparkle flourishes under the petals.
3. Attach magnifying glass chipboard (You can add a photo or other object to the center of the opening)

Last Page - Acrylic Sheet

1.  Cut a 2x11 inch strip and punch top and bottom with a border punch.
2.  Glue strip to page.
3.  Cut a journaling card or patterned paper to place on top of the strip as above.
4.  Glue painted chipboard swirl to page and trim with Stickles (Cinnamon.)
5.  Add embellishments of your choice.  I chose a chipboard butterfly and fussy cut a leaf from a piece of patterned paper.  I mounted my cut out on foam squares and accented with Stickles.
5.  Glue patterned paper to the back of the acrylic page.  (I glued in spots where the patterned paper and chipboard were so the glue would not show thru.)

Thank you so much for taking this journey with me.  If you try it, please send me a link to where I can see your finished book.

2 comments:

Darien said...

Thank you so much for this incredible tutorial!! Now I have to start looking for the materials especially the WP. pp. They dont have that line anywhere. If you can let me know where did you found it that will be SO HELPFULL!!! Thanks again and have a great weekend!!!!!

TMRutlegde28 said...

Oh WOW, I luv luv luv this, how GORGEOUS!!! I luv the shaping of it to!! OKAY, now I need to buy one. LOL