Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Scrap Outside the Box! Altered Picture Frame


I had so much fun designing this one!  Urban Scrappers has a challenge going on and basically we had to create a scrapbook layout on or in a unique surface (for example: on a canvas, in a serving tray or on a clipboard).

I have always wanted to alter a frame and I had a 5x7 frame and a terrific vintage photo of my grandmother holding my mother. What could be more perfect?

Side view:
The 5x7 frame is framed by a 12x12 sheet which I layered for extra dimension. 

Front View:

Here you can see the layers and the placement of flowers behind the felt gate.

I love the dragonfly postage stamp.  I cut it out,  inked with Distress Ink (Fired Brick) and mounted it on foam squares.

A shot of the back of the frame.

I cut a button shape from patterned paper and placed it inside of a tack (a round disk with a self adhesive clear plastic top) from Creative Imaginations,  I had these things for over a year and had no idea what to do with them.  They looked like buttons and at the time I thought it would be awesome to make by own for layouts.  I cut the metal tack from the back of the disk and glued it to the middle of my flower.  I accented around the button with Stickles (Burgandy) and added a decorative pin for a pretty touch.

Here's the star of the show, the Dragonfly.  I cut him from patterned paper, stickled him with Cinnamon and Burgandy Stickles and mounted him on a foam square. 

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Wow, this is beautiful!!!!

TMRutlegde28 said...

How Beautiful that is!!! luv it!!