Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Urban Scrappers Cardboard Mini Album Challenge



Well, this was a fun and different challenge for me. I usually do not do mini albums. Not that I do not like them, but I always thought they were time consuming. Well, didn't this challenge changed my mind! I love it! A monster has been created....watch out friends and relatives, this is what you may receive for holiday and birthday gifts!

The challenge was to use a cardboard cover, black and white photos and stitching, distressing, etc.  I mixed chipboard album pieces with cardboard just to mix it up a bit. 

I used patterned papers from My Mind's Eye Bella Bella Collection.  I thought these papers worked well with the cardboard. 

I love the way the ribbons accent the mini.  I grabbed all the pink I could find.  I love the book plates from Tim Holtz-Ideaology.  It was the perfect element for the cover along with a Prima flower or two.





This is probably my favorite page in the mini.  I love the butterfly from Tattered Angels.  I added a piece of cardboard to the black chipboard page.  Ilove the contrast between the black chipboard and cardboard elements.

I wanted to keep this mini a bit rustic, so on these pages you see more of the cardboard.  I sprayed with Glimmer Mist -Pinecone.  I did add a few pieces of bling...afterall, what is a page without bling! lol.

I used a butterfly screen from Tattered Angels and sprayed the cardboard with Glimmer Mist (Pinecone.)  I have always loved patterned paper with script, so I decided to create my own by writing "I love flowers" over and over again.  Kinda like when you are bad and you have to write "I will be good" 100 times! lol.

2 comments:

Darien said...

WOW!! What a gorgeous Album!!! I love all the details!! I wish I was half as talented as you are!!!!! Amazing work!

Lucy Edson said...

Wow! I am so glad I came by to see the close-ups from Scrapbook.com!! Gorgeous details and love the cardboard!