Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

*Swirlydoos* The Ten Days of Winter - Day 4 - Wintery Birthday Card


This is a repost of my Day 4 project which will be featured 1/13/10.  I am running this series at Swirlydoos.com on their blog.  Stop on by and visit us this week.

One of my resolutions for the new year is to make at least two cards each month.  I absolutely love cards.  I recently purchased a Silhouette Cutter by Quickutz mainly because of their beautiful card designs.  You could also achieve the same effect of the snowflake cutout above by using rub-ons, stamps or even punches.

Product List
  • Two pieces of solid cardstock (I used a light gray and purple)
  • Bo Bunny Snowy Serenade Collection Patterned Paper - Winter Night
  • Silhouette - Card Design - Winter Snow (optional)
  • Spellbinders - Nestabilities Collection - Die Cutting and Embossing Templates - Small Standard Circles
  • Spellbinders - Nestabilities Collection - Die Cutting and Embossing Templates - Small Classic Scalloped Circles
  • Distress Ink - Broken China
  • Ribbon
  • Foam Squares
Instructions:
  • Cut a 6x10 inch piece of solid gray cardstock and score in the middle.
  • Cut a piece of purple cardstock to mount to the inside of the card.
  • Cut a piece of the Bo Bunny paper to mount on the outside of the card to the left of the die cut design.  If you are not using the die cut card design, leave a 1 1/2" solid edge on the right side of the card front.  You can leave it plain or decorate with stickers, rub-ons or stamps.
  • Cut or punch a scalloped circle using the purple cardstock.
  • Cut or punch a smaller plain circle using the gray cardstock.
  • Stamp a sentiment to the center of the solid gray circle.
  • Adhere the smaller plain circle to the purple scalloped circle using foam squares.
  • Adhere foam squares to the back, left side of the scalloped circle.
  • Adhere the circles to the middle of the card.
  • Tie a ribbon to the left edge of the card and tie in a knot.
Thanks for joining me today.

See you tomorrow.

Robin

1 comment:

pamala said...

Gorgeous card!!! Good idea to set a goal of two cards a month, you will have lots to pass out that way. :)