Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Saturday, January 2, 2010

*Swirlydoos* The Ten Days of Winter - Day 3 - Winter's Nap

Chance loves to relax and he always looks adorable!  I took this photo of him just as he was dozing off.

I used my new Silhouette to create the snowflake frame and lettering.  In the photo above you can see where I used Making Memories paint and dry brushed white down the side of the page.  I absolutely love the look it gave the layout.
In the photo above you can see the details of the snowflake frame.  I added embossing tinsel which was included in the Swirlydoos Glimmer Mist/Embossing Technique Add-On Kit.  I also inked several of the snowflakes with Distress Ink (Broken China.)  The photo corner is a Glimmer Chip from Tattered Angels - Frosty Memories.  I inked the edges with Broken China and I used Glossy Accents to give a beautiful gloss the design.

In the photo above the lettering was cut using the Silhouette.  I simply chose a true type font from Word and cut.  I absolutely love my new toy.

I used Distress Ink - Rock Candy Crackle Paint to achieve an icy glaze over the icicles.  I had Flower Soft  (Ivory) in my stash so I used it for the snow.

Many of you who are familiar with my work will know that I love working with flowers.  I couldn't resist using just a few here in the corner.  I added Flower Soft (Ivory) to the edges of the blue flowers to give them a wintery feel.

I hope you enjoyed my little tips and tricks today.

See you tomorrow.

Robin

4 comments:

Darien said...

WOW! Robin!! This is Gorgeous!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! You did a fantastic job!!!!1

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful blog, Ribon! We have the same header - LOL.

Your new layout is FAB!

Margie H said...

Robin! WOW! I'm scrolling through your blog...so BEAUTIFUL! And speaking of beautiful, just love the one you're featuring on this post. The effects are making me shiver! LOL!! Great job. Thanks for letting me enjoy your blog :)

Tone K. said...

Hi...I have just registrate me as a follower.

Your LO`s are just fabulous...really great !

Thanks for the inspiration you give me :o)