Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Sunday, May 30, 2010

June Swirlydoos Kit - Design Team Farewell


It has been a true honor and pleasure being a part of the Swirlydoos Design Team.  I can't believe it's been six months already! 

I thought I would go back to my favorite type of layouts for my fond farewell....Vintage!  Afterall, the kit is filled with beautiful vintage goodies.  The kit features papers from GCD Studios Ella Blue Collection.  Talk about beautiful papers!  I was sooooo excited when I finally received my kit. 


Since June brings us Father’s Day, I thought I would do a layout featuring me and my dad. My dad has been sick lately and I have been extremely worried. It felt good to take the time and create something special where he is the center of attention.

This layout features gorgeous, vintage inspired papers from the June Swirlydoos Kit. This layout is based on the June sketch created by Beggahuna.

One of my new favorite embellishments is the beautiful chipboard designs from Dusty Attic. Talk about precision cutting! Lol. I decided to frame our photo using one of their chipboard frames. I wanted to keep the frame unfinished, but I felt it got lost in all of the dark patterns. I simply “kissed” the frame with white chalk ink. I didn’t want to too much coverage and you can see the natural color coming through. The photo is further framed with lace from Webster’s Pages.

Of course I couldn’t forget the flowers! Prima all the way. The large butterfly is a stamp from Tattered Angels. This was my first experience using Zva Crystals. I love them because they are both elegant and delicate. The ribbon is cabbage rose ribbon (scrunched seam binding) from the Memrie Mare’s Etsy Shop.

Supply List - Swirlydoos June Kit
Patterned Papers – GCD Studios – Ella Blue Collection
Pearls – Zva
Flowers – Prima
Decorative Pins and Button - American Crafts
Chipboard Frame – Dusty Attic
Edge Punch - Martha Stewart Crafts
Letter Stickers - Fancy Pants - Road Show
Butterfly Stamp – Tattered Angels
Ink – Distress – Frayed Burlap, Copic Marker
Ribbon/Lace – Memrie Mare, Webster’s Pages
Adhesive – Zip Dry, ATG
Distrezz it All

Thanks for joining me today.

Robin

2 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

The photo (and layout) of you and your Dad is lovely.

Stacy said...

I love the embellishments - a really well done layout.