Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Friday, June 4, 2010

Copics Certification Class – Worth the Drive!

Can I just say that this result was well worth the drive! As promised, here is one of my first projects using Copic markers. This is from my technique sketch book which was a suggestion from my instructor. I learned so many new techniques in my certification class on May 23, 2010.

My instructor, Sally Lynn MacDonald, is wonderful! I really wish that the class was two days. I did not want to stop learning. Since my class, I have been on a shopping frenzy and I have watched at least 10 videos on how to color, shade and create with Copics. I can’t wait to incorporate my little paintings into projects.

Here’s my story…

The owner of my local scrapbook store asked me if I would like to attend a Copic certification class. She said that she thought there would be one in Richmond, VA in the fall. When she sent the schedule, I noticed that there was a class being offered in West Virginia on May 23rd. Heck, I didn’t want to wait until the fall, I wanted to learn now! Initially, I thought, hmm…Charles Town is only two hours away and I can do that with my eyes closed. (That is my daily commute) So I signed up and eagerly watched the calendar. Soon it was the week before class and I decided to map quest my trip. I never like to wait until the last minute so I thought this was plenty of time to get myself together. When I typed in all of my information and hit “Get Directions” I was floored. I looked at the drive time and it said “5 HOURS.” What? Something must be wrong. So I typed in my information using my work address. This time it read “5 HOURS, 45 MINUTES” So I went back to the documentation and realized that it said CHARLESTON, WV, not CHARLES TOWN. Who knew there were two cities with names so similar? I never knew Charleston even existed! (Sorry Charlestonites)

Never again will I assume that I know what I am doing. Lol. I contemplated all week whether to take the trip or just cancel. After all, it would be just me, traveling on Saturday and returning on a Sunday and then having to work on Monday. Whew, a whirlwind! So as you can see, I took my big girl pill and made the journey. I am so glad that I did. The drive was absolutely beautiful. The city was charming and the people were friendly. I visited a wonderful scrapbook store call Almost Heaven. The owner just happened to be in my certification class. She invited everyone to come to the store during our lunch break and after class for shopping. She had the largest assortment of Copic sketch markers that I have ever seen. I think she knew we were coming. Lol.

So long story short...I am now Copics certified!  

Supplies:

Stamp: Whiff of Joy Stamps - Willow Writing Recipes
Copic Markers:

 Thanks for joining me and reading along.

No comments: