Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Saturday, July 10, 2010

July Challenge - Webster's Pages - Remember

Webster's Pages is hosting a challenge this month featuring vintage photos. Be sure to visit the challenge site by clicking here.  I am preparing for my family reunion so what a perfect time to create a vintage project. 

This is a photo of my aunt Shirley.  She is my mother's younger sister. I have not seen many baby photos of her so this one is a special treasure.
 
Since this was a baby layout I wanted to use soft, beautiful colors.  Lullaby Lane has the perfect palette for such a project. 

 I distressed the edges using my edge distresser. 

I inked the edges with Old Paper Distress Ink. I like using the blender because I like the soft look as opposed to inking directly from the ink pad.

I trimmed around the turtle and around the flowers at the top of the page in order to fit my mat.  This is a technique that I love to use.  It makes the patterns in the paper pop off of the page.

Fussy cutting is something that I do quite often.  It makes such a great impact in your design.  I cut leaves from patterned paper to use as an embellishment.

I used Key Lime and Robin's Egg Blue glimmer mist on the page.I used my matting as a mask.  I simply turned it over and sprayed.

I used a fancy chipboard frame for my photo.  I used zip dry to glue the paper to the frame.  I turned the paper over and glued the front of the frame to the back of the paper. 

Once trimmed, I sanded the edges with my file set from Basic Grey and inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


I used a stamp from Stampin' Up to create leaves along the bottom of my page.  I used Brown Memento ink and Vintage Photo Distress Ink.



I also used Brown Memento ink to stamp my border.  This stamp is from American Crafts



I painted the fairy using my Copic markers.  I used E11 to color her skin.

Along the way I like to take a photo to see how my page looks.  Here you can also see how I build the page. 

I love Webster's Pages Bloomers.  I could use them on everything!  I cut three and glued Prima mini roses to the middle of each bloom.

Thanks so much for joining me.

Robin

5 comments:

Lisa aka Raining said...

Gorgeous lo Robin! I love the stamping! I need to use mine more often!

Martine said...

gorgeous LO! love all the details!

Diana Joy said...

Hi: truly a beautiful layout. I like to study your techniques and the picture tutorial is nice. Love how you stamped around the brown paper....great idea and it is so striking. thanks for sharing your fabulous work; I always find you inspirational.

NormaJ said...

I love your layouts. My approach is rather simplistic, but in seeing how a little stamping adds to the project, I am going to start using my stamps for future embellishments. Beautiful.

Anuska said...

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

preciosooooooooooooooooo