Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Monday, July 5, 2010

Scrapbooks Plus July Design Team Kit - Bo Bunny


I love, love, love my hydrangeas. I chose to use this particular piece of patterned paper because I consider my hydrangeas to be my star performers. Just look at all those pretty stars! This is an 8x8 layout which is always fun and easy to create. I used the wonderful chipboard elements from the collection to embellish my page. The flourish really caught my eye. I decided to add twine, I don’t really have a fancy answer as to why, I just knew that I liked it. The title letter stickers are also from the collection. I typed my journaling in word, cut and adhered to card stock.

This layout is based on the July DT kit from Scrapbooks Plus. My fellow DT member, and designer of the month, Deborah Mahnken designed this wonderful sketch.

As designer of the month, we have to design a sketch and select a collection for the DT to use. Deborah chose the Bo Bunny “Block Party” collection. These papers have has a wonderful color palette. I usually stay away from primary colors, but I loved working with them in this collection. In addition to fabulous patterned papers, the chipboard elements are fresh and vibrant.


I love how the green makes the red, white and blue pop! This month I decided to create this fun party invitation as opposed to a greeting card. I was not always a card maker,but I always wanted to create them. I went out and bought like 50 card bases over the past few years. Now, I try to use them whenever I can.


How to:

1. Create an A2 card base or use a pre-made base. 4 ¼ x 5 ½.

2. Cut a 4 x 5 ¼ piece of green patterned paper, adhere to base.

3. Cut a 1 x 6 blue strip and cut the ends as if creating tails for ribbon. Adhere to the left side of the card.

4. Adhere the round sentiment to the middle of the large chipboard star.

5. Tie ribbon around the bottom of the star and tie a knot. Trim the ends. Adhere the large star to the middle of the card.

6. Cover the small red star with Stickles (Candy Cane) and mount directly to card base in the top corner of the large star.

7. Add gems to the blue strip.


Blue, green and red was the color combination I used for all of my projects. This month I highlighted flowers from my garden for my two page and 8x8 layouts. The vibrant red of the roses worked perfectly with the color palette of the collection.
The “Keep Growing” plastic card is from Melody Ross. I used my Cricut Home Accents cartridge to create the title “Grow.” I kept the design nice and simple since my flowers are the show stoppers.

Thanks for joining me today.

Robin

1 comment:

Cindy Gay said...

Love the Bo Bunny paper and your layout with your lovely flower photo.