Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happy Birthday! Webster's Pages Garden Gala

One of my favorite coworkers has a birthday coming up in September.  I wanted to give her something extra special.  Sure, we will all get together and sign a card that someone picks up from the store, but I wanted to go a step further.  She goes above and beyond for everyone she meets.  Unselfish, considerate and kind are the best words to describe her personality.

I used the Webster's Pages Garden Gala paper kit to create this card.  When I bought the kit, I had no idea what I was going to do with it and now all the paper is almost gone! lol.


To make this card create a 6x6 card base by cutting a 6x12 piece of patterned paper, then score in the center. I used the top of the green side of "Tea Time" as my base.

I then cut a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 square from the cream side of "Tea Time." I also fussy cut the birds in the lower right corner.

Cut a 5x5 square using the blue side of "Celebrate Life."

Next I stitched the blue square to the cream square, then I stitched the cream square to the card base. 

FIXING A PROBLEM:  You can see above where my stitching is not quite as nice as I would like.  I had to think fast so I decided to make fancy photo corners using my EK Success punch pictured below.


I used a foam circle to adhere my photo corners.  I love the dimension it gives.

Tah-Dah!  All better now.

I used rhinestones from Kaiser to add a beautiful sparkle to my photo corners.

 You can't see my messy sewing now that I have made a beautiful disguise.  Repeat this for all four corners.


 Next I used a pretty teal ink to stamp my sentiment.

I cut the sentiment and distressed the edges.

I inked the edges by running the frayed edges across my ink pad.  Be sure to brush your edges before running through your ink.  This eliminates tiny bits of paper from nesting in your ink.

I adhered the sentiment to a solid piece of cardstock.

Here is a close up of the fussy cut "birds in saucer" as I like to call them. lol.

 Adhere birds to the top half of the card.

I used Zip Dry to adhere the lace across the middle of the page.  

Next I used Prima flowers (Athena Flowers, Skylight) and glued them to the lace.


I used foam squares to adhere my sentiment.  I tucked it under the large flower in the center.

For the icing on the cake, I added a blue rhinestone to the party hat of my bird.

Thanks for joining me today.  Now I have to go help my hubby with his Cricut Cake machine.

Robin

3 comments:

Adriana - DRIARTE said...

Beautiful creation and thanks for the tutorial.
Hugs,
Adriana

Cindy Gay said...

I bet you're one of her favorite people too!

Kim said...

Love the card, love all of your work.