Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Boo! Mini - The Girls' Paperie and Graphic 45


I am really beginning to love mini albums. They are fun to make and they make wonderful one of a kind gifts. This month at Scrapbooks Plus the design team was given the Toil and Trouble collection from The Girls’ Paperie. This is one elegant Halloween collection. The envelope album is from Graphic 45. I removed a few pages since I knew I would be adding heavy embellishments.

I love, love, love the cover of this album. The letter stickers are from Pink Paislee. They are beautifully glittered and the best part is the glitter doesn’t come off! I love that! I added Prima bling and a beautiful green Prima flower.

These are the first two pages of the book. The velvet bat is totally awesome and is made by My Mind’s Eye.  On the right page I embossed a sentiment using Stampin’ Up’s embossing powder in white.  The stamp is from Inkadinkado.  The clocks were cut from patterned paper and mounted on foam squares.  I added crystals from Bo Bunny to the center of each clock.

Each page of this album is an envelope.  I thought I would create a beautiful flap by cutting a design from the patterned paper.  I wanted to add magnetic closures, but I thought about it a little too late.  I would highly recommend adding them to your next project.  Basic Grey has wonderful magnetic closures which are perfect for mini albums and cards.



I like to leave a few pages blank throughout the album.  This allows you to place odd sized photos and memorabilia. You can also write on the black paper using an opaque white pen.  This would add a nice touch to the page. I used two types of trim on the left page. 

These are my favorite pages in the album. I used beautiful velvet Halloween stickers from My Mind’s Eye. They really give an elegant look and feel to the page. Adding different textures to your projects creates interest and excitement. When I finished the book I kept going back to each page and running my fingers across the velvet embellishments. Love it!

Maya Road creates some of the greatest embellishments around. Their doilies are fantastic! I used several throughout the album. You can cut, ink or paint them making each one your own little work of art. In the photo above, I cut the doily in half and placed each half on either side of the spiral binding.

I love these last two pages. The Prima crystals are my favorite. I added velvet spider stickers and black lace trim. The alpha stickers are from Graphic 45.

Supply list

Envelope Album, Graphic 45; Patterned Paper and Embellishments, The Girls’ Paperie; Embossing powder, Stampin’ Up; Inks, Colorbox and Distress Ink (Black Soot); Velvet Stickers, My Mind’s Eye; Ribbon and Fabric Trim, May Arts (Orange Stripe), The Girls’ Paperie (Black Lace, Orange Ruler, Orange Crochet); Doilies, Maya Road; Stamp, Inkadinkado; Crystals and Flower, Prima; Alphabet, Graphic 45


2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Wow. I am impressed. I just finished my first mini and I felt like it took me months to finish it! You did a fabulous job. Love all the details.

Cindy Gay said...

Love the repitition in design and the flow from page to page.