Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Scrapbooks Plus November Kit - Giving Thanks Album

Can you belive that it is November eve?  Where has the time gone?  This month at Scrapbooks Plus the Design Team kit features the beautiful Giving Thanks collection from Teresa Collins.  The first project from this versatile collection is this wonderful mini album. 

I purchased the mini album kit and I am so glad that I did.  It comes with step by step instructions which was wonderful.  I followed them and then eventually strayed from the path as always.  While it required quite a bit of prep work it is well worth it in the end.  The kit has a chipboard cover and back.  I used the cover as a stencil to cut the album pages.


The subject of the album is my daughter's graduation.  Most of her graduation photos features her wearing red which goes perfectly with the color palette of the collection.  This is the inside cover and first page of the album.  This wonderful quote of gratitude come with the kit.  I added Prima crystals to give some pizazz!  The second page is my daughter striking a serious pose.  I love it!  I cut the flourish from papers in the collection and finished the page with a flower from Petaloo and decorative brad from My Mind's Eye Lush collection.

Pages three and four are simple, yet elegant.  The flourish paper in the collection is breathtaking!  I bought five extra sheets.  I have no idea what I am going to do with them, but I knew I had to have them!  Page four features tags and quotes from the collection as well as Zva crystals.

 Pages five and six are fun.  Yes, I intentially used the same photo on both pages.  I liked the look and it allows you to see the smaller photo close up.  Page five features a sentiment from the collection and Prima bling.

Pages 7 and 8 showcase the most dramatic photos from her photo shoot.  Heck, when I was in school you were lucky to get a drape and cap and gown photo, let alone multiple wardrobe changes and props. 

The quote on page 9 is from Quick Quotes.  I purchased bunches of vellum quotes from the Great American Scrapbook Convention and have been waiting for the perfect moment to use them.  Now is the time!  Page 10 is a photo of my daughter who was a distinguished honor graduate. I am truly a proud mama bird.

Pages 11 and 12 made me want to cry each time I started the journaling.  Those of you with little ones, take lots of photos.  Time passes by so quickly.  Page 12 is a photo of her school's campus.  I love the beautiful bluestone buildings.

Well page 13 is sure to make my husband cry.  It is a photo of the two of them.  They have always been inseparable.  When we took her to college for the first time it was extremely hard for him.  I trimed their photos in ribbon which can be found in the collection.  Page 14 is a small page with a simple message "Count your Blessings" which is also part of the collection.   

Here we are at the end of the album.  There is a photo of the packed car ready to drop my daughter off for her first year of school.  The month tag is from the collection.

Thanks for joining me today.

Robin

No comments: