Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Friday, December 31, 2010

The Last Layout of 2010! Surrender - Basic Grey


Hello everyone!

Here is my last layout for 2010!  Wow, can you believe it is the end of the year already?  I am so glad that many of you enjoyed my top 10 of 2010 yesterday.  I had fun putting it together for you.  I thought I would end the year with a beautiful, romantic layout.  I hope you like it.

I love, love, love this photo.  I am a romantic at heart so this photo spoke directly to me.  Basic Grey really had wonderful collections this year and Curio is one of my favorites. I love when a collection has detailed patterns and designs. This allows me to detail cut them to make custom embellishments. For this design I used the reverse side of the patterned paper because of its fabulous texture.

I started with the red textured side of my paper as the background. Then I adhered the doily on top.  A circle was cut into the yellow textured side of the paper.  I cut the circle off center to allow room for my floral embellishments on the left side of the page. I distressed the circle and inked using Forest Moss Distress Ink.  Then I placed the letters of my title in a circular pattern to match the cut circle.  A small design was stamped around the circle using Tattered Angels Flowering Vine stamps. I also stamped the upper right and lower left corners of the page with Tattered Angels Flowering Vine corner stamp. Then I adhered the yellow paper to the top of my background page.

The floral designs in the collection called out to me. I detail cut several flower designs to frame my photo.
I cut two edge borders and inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, then placed them below my photo. I selected a chipboard journaling block on the lower left side of the photo then added Prima crystals.

To finish the design, I added Dew Drops from The Robin’s Nest to my circular stamped design.

Supply List
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey – Curio Collection
Embellishments: Chipboard, Basic Grey – Curio Collection; Dew Drops, The Robin’s Nest
Stamps: Tattered Angels – Flowering Vine
Ink: Distress Ink – Vintage Photo, Forest Moss
Photo Credit: Dynamite Imagery
Thanks for joining me today.

4 comments:

JustYolie said...

Gorgeous layout Robin....you always put so much detail to your LO! I love the stamping you did around the circle, the cluster of flowers...the edge border is wonderful! One day girl, one day I will create like you...not kidding I'm learning lots from your layouts! :) Happy New Year!!!

Lisa aka Raining said...

Love your new blog Robin! This layout is stunning! Your details are always so lavish! I could get lost in them!
Happy New Year! Looking forward to another year of seeing your beautiful work!

BlessedinTexas said...

Love your new blog too Robinand this gorgeous layout. Happy New Year in 2011!!

Cindy Gay said...

Just beautiful.