Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Saturday, January 29, 2011

"Celebrating Our Milestones" Blog Hop - Day 2

Welcome to Day 2 everyone!  I was so touched by all of the lovely comments that you all left for me.  For all of my regular readers, you may follow this amazing hop by starting at Yolie's site.  Just click here.

Each and every designer has created beautiful projects for you to enjoy.  Be sure to stop by each blog, you may find fun prizes along the way!

I would like to thank Yolie for inviting me to take part in this very special blog hop.  I have enjoyed every minute. 

I would also like to thank each of you who have honored me by leaving a comment, and following me on my blog, by having a giveaway! 
Leave a comment for me today and you will be entered into my drawing for a $25 gift certificate from Scrapbook.com.  This is one of my favorite places to shop and one size fits all! lol.  This post will remain up until Sunday, 1/30/11 at 11:59 EST.  The winner will be announced on Monday, 1/31/11.  Good luck everyone!

The milestone I am celebrating today is the day I married my best friend.  We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary in June, 2010 and I love him more than ever.  I decided to use our wedding photos, you know, when we were young and still able to stand up without our bones creaking! lol.

I used quite a few techniques today but inking and paper pleating take center stage. 

I used Parisian Anthology resist papers from Pink Paislee as my background.  This collection is a must have because of its versatility.  It allows you to use the ink color of your choice to customize your page.  I used Tattered Rose Distress Ink to coordinate with my patterned paper which is from the Je t'Adore collection from Making Memories.  Using a blending tool, I inked the upper left and lower right sides of the paper which containied the resist design.

Here is my finished page.

The next technique I used was paper pleating.  I used my Scor-Pal to score my 12" paper at the following intervals:

1/2",
1 1/2"
2"
3"
3 1/2"
4 1/2"
5"
6"
6 1/2"
7 1/2"
8"
9"
9 1/2"
10 1/2"
11"

Fold to create pleats.  You will need to repeat this step if you plan to use the pleating on a 12" x 12" layout.

If you don't have a scoring board, you can use your ruler and bone folder.  This technique is fast and easy and makes a beautiful element for your page.

Next up is the talented Marilyn Rivera. Just click here.

Here is a list of the wonderful ladies participating in the hop today. 

Yolie, http://justyolie.com/

Yoli, http://mysbroom.blogspot.com/

Sharon, http://scrapblogfun.blogspot.com/

Clare, http://cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com/

Deborah, http://lovemypaper.blogspot.com/

Gaby, http://gabycreates.com/ 

Sandra, http://365daysofcricut.blogspot.com/

Robin, http://robinshakoor.blogspot.com/ (You are here)

Marilyn, http://marilynrivera.blogspot.com/

Celeste, http://touchedbyabutterfly.blogspot.com/

April, http://scrapperforever.blogspot.com/


Thanks for joining me today. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions by clicking the "Contact" link at the top of the page.

51 comments:

Cards-by-Montana-Reflections said...

Very very pretty! Love the Wedding pics,you were a very BEAUTIFUL Bride!

TFS
Debi
cards_by_montana_reflections@bresnan.net

Diana Joy said...

Wow; what a fabuously beautiful layout. Pink is my fav color so it really charms me. I love the pleating and have yet to do it...now I must. Thanks for the inspiration. You made me laugh with your quip about creaking bones.

AmyJRockstar said...

Wow, your work is just amazing. You are THE scrapbooking superstar!
XO ~ Amy Jo (new follower)
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

Your layout is breathtaking!!! I have become a follower.

paperbutterflies@sbcglobal.net
lisaspaperbutterflies.blospsot.com

Gabby said...

Beautiful layout! The two of you looked wonderful and so happy! Just became a follower :)
dolphingab at gmail dot com

The Scrappy Cottage said...

20 wonderful years and one gorgeous layout. Such a photo is beautiful.....

Ashley said...

What a beautiful layout! I love the paper pleating you used. Thanks for participating in the blog hop and for offering the blog candy!

~Ashley
http://proudusmcwife415.blogspot.com

myapyapooh said...

This is another Beautiful layout! Thanks for sharing with us.

Lynn said...

Oh my, what an absolutely gorgeous layout. Think this would have to be # 1 on my list of what I've seen tonight. Great job.

Joana said...

Great job! Realy love your layout. The flowers are so beautifull :) And I love pink ;)

postaisdajoana at gmail dot com

agapanthus said...

This is lovely Robin - your work is so inspiration and I loved looking at your layouts over at Graphic 45! Best wishes Karen x

Cindylu2u said...

What a spectacular LO, really like the pleating technique!!
Cindy
miller896042 at bellsouth dot net

Lora said...

All I can say is WOW! I don't know what to comment on first - everything is so pretty and works so well to create a beautiful layout. I love the paper pleating, the combination of patterned papers and how you put it all together.

lovemypaper said...

WOW! Girl you rock such a wonderful layout!

Sarah Mullanix said...

WOW, so beautiful and I just LOVE all of your techniques that you used!! :)

JennyKozar said...

Your work is just stunning! I love it.

Trisha said...

This layout is just wonderful. Your best friend is so lucky to have such a beautifully creative best friend. I love your layout. Thanks for sharing and the chance to win. I am a new follower. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

Sonia said...

Hi Robin
I love the Wedding Theme Creations. This layout are elegant, adorable and ABSOLUTELY Beautiful.
Great detail, love how you did this layout.
GREAT JOB!!
Thanks for a chance to Win.
Good Luck!

Sony
Sonia-Studio60

JeNn said...

omg! I love this. Love the techniques & you are one BEAUTIFUL bride. thanks for sharing. I am a follower

anderson.jenn4@gmail.com

Sue said...

Wow... Your page is beautiful. Great techniques too. They work perfectly on your page. What an awesome milestone. Congratulations on 20 years. I have become a follower and look forward to seeing more of your work. I love your blog.

ssedlak815@gmail.com

scrapaholicjen said...

WOW - your layout is gorgeous - and what a beautiful couple you make! I'm a new follower!
qtme2003 at yahoo dot ca

Minta's Creations said...

Your layouts are just beautiful!
I'm a new follower..come and check out my blog..
Minta
mintab@gmail.com
http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

scrappinmomma said...

Beautiful layout,I love it. tfs.

http://ikolinda-scrappinmomma.blogspot.com

Alicia said...

What a gorgeous LO! Oh My, such a beautiful bride and handsome groom as well! TSM for sharing! *Hugs*

Gramjak said...

Gorgeous bride and very handsome groom -- and your LO is positvely awesome. Thanks so much for the pleating technique instructions. I'm going to try it today!

brittmartin0910 said...

Very cute layout. Thank you for sharing.


brittmartin1288@yahoo.com

JustYolie said...

You were a BEAUTIFUL bride Robin! Gorgeous wedding layout, loving the flowers! Thank you so much for being joining the blog hop!

McVic said...

oh my goodness! you layout is beautiful- simply beautiful Thank you so much FS! Im a new follower
kacee
youhadmeatscrap.blogspot.com

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS & GRAPHICS said...

I'm a NEW follower
Wonderful wedding LO
Come and BEE a follower on my blog
http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com
Rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Scrappin' Sista said...

WOW!!! Where have you been hiding all this awesome work! I am really enjoying your creations. I love the pleats on your page. TFS and the chance to win.

Christel (Scrappin' Sista)
http://onescrappinsista.blogstpo.com
askscrappinsista (at) hotmail (dot) com

A Scrap Above said...

Hey robin

What a stunning LO! This is something to showcase for sure, Congrats on the 20 yrs!
I am a follower of your blog.
TFS and a chance to win
Bonnie C
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove(at)aol(dot)com

BuggaBeeAndMe said...

Beautiful LO of such a wonderful memory! Thanks for sharing the techniques.

joni said...

What a beautiful bride you were!!!! Wow!!! And your hubby too!!! And this is a gorgeous layout!!! TFS
hugs,
joni

arcocha at yahoo dot com

Karen said...

I LOVE your layout! I am definately trying the pleating. Love it. Adds some great texture. I am so amazed by your work. So beautiful and creative. Congrats on the 20th.

Karen

chignon said...

The layout is absolutely gorgeous! I have never tried the resist type of paper, but now I am going to be on the look-out for it! Again, your layout is amazing. TFS

Scrapping Galaxy said...

This is a beautiful layout

Janis said...

Your art amazes me. You really should be getting paid for doing this, or own a store, or teach classes, or something. You are ama-za-zing! :) Janis northrose@slowar.com

Texas JennyWren said...

Beautiful layout and photos. You did a great job.

Cards-by-Montana-Reflections said...

Ohh I can't wait until I learn how to that without my pages looking nasty. Yours is so beautiful. TFS

Debi
cards_by_montana_reflections@bresnan.net

Gemiel said...

I recently discovered your work and your blog through Scraps of Color and I immediately became a follower. Your work is simply beautiful, I love all your attention to detail.

ann said...

I love your wedding layout. It's just lovely. Thanks for a chance to win. Ann O. annmsann2001@yahoo.com

Becky Dunham said...

This is just gorgeous Robin - reminds of a wedding cake :) Great inspiration for me - I have been married 23 years and still have not worked on my wedding album :(

rdunham at q dot com

Anna said...

Breathtaking. Just wonderful. So much awesome details.
I'm now a follower.
Thanks for the chance to win.
annadowdy at gmail dot com

Yvonne Russell said...

Robin, I'm so pleased to have discovered your blog. Your work is exquisite. I've been enjoying exploring and love your cards and mini book ideas too.

I'm now a follower of your blog and look forward to seeing more of your creations.

valerie aka scottydog said...

your work is always sooooooooo amazing!!!!! i come here and just drool!!!! :O) it is a wonder the keyboard still works!
thanx
blessings

stefeni said...

This layout is beautiful! Love the colors and distressing.

spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

lovemypaper said...

Hello Robin it was nice hopping with you,I left you an award on my blog!

MARILYN said...

Hi Robin! This is BEAUTIFUL!! Very Elegant page!! and Lovely photos...Great memory!!!
Hugs!!

Lisa West said...

Wow, I love your style of scrapbooking!! I can't wait to check out your minibooks. I'm a follower now, I really don't follow many blogs but there are some I just don't want to loose touch with!! Blessings, Lisa

curlyqmosaics said...

Such an elegant layout! Thanks for sharing such beauty!

Sandra 365 Days Of Cricut said...

Wow this is so gorgeous! I am so glad we were on the hop together because I LOVE your work! Keep the inspiration coming!!