Holiday Cards Anna Griffin Style!

I recently created cards for friends and family using Anna Griffin's Holiday Trimmings Cardmaking kit. It was fast and easy to make these one of a kind cards for my loved ones. Click the "read more" button to be taken to day 1 of 10!

Read More

Whtie Christmas ATC

The Dusty Attic has a monthly theme for ATCs and the theme for December was "White Christmas."

Friday, January 7, 2011

Graphic 45 Featured Artist!

I am over the top excited to be the featured artist for Graphic 45.  You can click here to read the full feature article.

I have always been a fan of their designs, especially for my vintage layouts.  This summer I debuted all of my vintage layouts to my family at our annual family reunion.  The layouts were a huge success and it was so good to see everyone enjoying the display.

I was extremely happy with the way everything came together.  My cousin Crystal and my daughter helped me with frames, display boards, stick pins and table skirts...whew!  Thank you ladies.

I bought the entire shadow box frame collection from Michael's Craft Store to showcase the designs.

Here are my cousins and uncle enjoying the display.  I was overwhelmed with the response, especially from the men of our family.  They were truly touched while seeing photos of their mothers, cousins, sisters, brothers, fathers, aunts and uncles who have passed away.  They are always in our hearts.  People often ask me why I scrap.  All I can say is the picture above is worth one thousand words.   

As you will see from the more recent collections, there is much more to Graphic 45 than just vintage inspired designs.  I have used their beautiful designs to make Bridal and Thank You cards and gorgeous children's layouts.  Here are a few of the designs I have created over the years.

This is my latest featuring the Steampunk Debutante collection.  The bold colors in this collection makes it one of my favorites.

Once Upon a Springtime is the newest collection from Graphic 45.  I did lots of fun detail cutting to create a beautiful forest.  I love it!

I mixed several collections to create this elegant thank you card.  The main focal point is from the Steampunk Debutante collection.

This is one of several of my heritage layouts.   I used a combination of the Transatlantique and Playtimes Past collections.  This is my great uncle Bill. He was my maternal grandfather's brother. Whew, that was alot! This is a picture he sent to my grandfather while he was in Sicily. Page two of this two pager has the letter he wrote was asking for two of my grandfather's children! Not what you think, he and his wife did not have children and he wanted to know if they could come down and take my mother and my mother's oldest sister for a while. Luckily, my grandmother said no and our roots continued to grow in Virginia.  

This is my aunt Ruby (tall lady on the right) and a friend ready for a night on the town. I am guessing this is in the late 40's.  This was the most fun of the layouts I have done. I loved using a zipper as an embellishment. I thought it fit in with the Fashionista papers. I threw in a pretty red tassel for extra pizazz!

This is a bridal shower card I created using the Le' Romantique collection.  I really like the frames that accompany the collections.  I used one here as my focal point.

I used the beautiful Renaissance Faire collection for this photo of  my maternal great grandmother Hattie Doyle Berger. I had the frame ready and waiting for this one. I love this picture of her. I have always loved her hair. 

My great grandparents sitting outside of their home in Virginia. The original photo wasn't very clear, but I love it anyway. 

I love awnings.  My next home may just be covered in them!  I used packaging from a Martha Stewart Crafts punch and covered it with Graphic 45 paper to create my awning.  Then I created the rest of the layout around the awning.  I love the way it came together. 

This story is probably the most fascinating.  There was no one who could identify this man.  We could tell by lookinig at him that he was obviously in the family.  My mom suggested going to my great aunt who has a terrific memory.  She is approaching 90 now!  When my mom showed her the photo she let out a sigh and said "Alfred Yates!" We still had no idea who he was.  My aunt then told us that he was my great grandmother's sister's only son.  She said she didn't think anyone had a photo of him.  Well, we have two! lol.  I love this photo...he is Dashing!

This is an altered frame project featuring my grandmother holding my mother.  I absolutely love this photo.  It is priceless to me.

My cute little great grandfather is pictured to the far left with the hat on. This photo was taken in 1953. My great grandparents owned a farm and this is were the picture was taken. Every year we have our family reunions at this special place and the logs and stacks of wood they are sitting on still remain. The other two gentlemen are my great uncle and a cousin.

This is my aunt Jean with my mom. My mother is the little one in the front. lol. Even in the worst of times, she always stays positive and has a smile. I can see that in her even at a young age. I used the beautiful Renaissance Faire collection.

This was my first Graphic 45 design using the Botanticabella collection.  This beautiful hawk dropped by to visit my backyard. I love birds and this was such a great picture to capture. I stole the feathers from an old feather duster. I cleaned the feathers, let them dry and then attached them for a bit of whimsy. Who knew!

This photo was a mystery to me and my mother when we first saw it.  We had other cousins take and look and no one was sure who they were.  During my family reunion I asked my great uncle if he had any idea who these children could be.  He immediately exclaimed "that's me! Where did you get this picture?"  I was overwhelmed.  I told him that they were in my grandmother's photos.  He identified the children as himself and his two brothers.  You can't imagine how excited I was to finally have this mystery solved.

The Renaissance Faire collection provided the perfect canvas for this photo of my aunt Helen, but we call her Jean, when she was a little girl. This photo is at least 65 years old!  I love this photo and especially the outfit.

As soon as I saw the Le' Romantique collection from Graphic 45 I was hooked!  It is just perfect for wedding/love projects.

This is a picture of my cousins Joan and Gertrude. They are the daughters of my grandmother's sisters. They are in their seventies now, hard to believe.

This is my great grandmother with my great uncles.  This photo was also a mystery to many.  Thanks to my great uncle he was able to identify everyone for me.

Thanks for joining me today. I hope you enjoyed this walk down memory lane with me. 

Feel free to contact me directly with any questions by clicking the "Contact" link at the top of the page.

22 comments:

curlyqmosaics said...

WOW! No wonder you are the featured artist! These are all truly masterpieces! Love everything about them, the colors, the designs, and the super amazing photos you had to work with. BTW, the zipper you did was pure genius. Love how you scalloped the edges and added the buttons. Never seen that before, so clever!

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW GIRLIE!! =)
CONGRATS on the ARTIST FEATURE at Graphic 45!!
You deserve it your style is so fun and I just love you designs!! THANKS so much for sharing them with us and I can't wait to see what you will create next!!
P.S if you don't get named on the Webster's DT I will be shocked!! =) See ya on the site and more of your FABULOUS WORKS!!
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!! =)
Larissa Heskett =)

Kirsten Alicia said...

Hello Robin, I found you via Graphic 45. I tried to leave a comment there, but couldn't, so came here instead & I am so glad I did.

I am blown away by your pages, they are completely stunning & utterly beautiful. Seeing the photos of your family members enjoying them makes them even more special.

Congrats on being a G45 featured artist.

Chrissy said...

Wow! I sat here and absolutely ate up every word you wrote! How beautiful, in EVERY sense of the word. You heritage pages have left me speechless, warm, and absolutely in awe. They are so full of detail and those photos are more than priceless. I can't even imagine the reaction your family must have felt when they saw these. Thank you for sharing such beauty and inspiring us all.

Sandy Ang said...

Congrats on your G45 feature. No wonder since your projects show so many wonderful aspects of G45 collections. Hope you'll come over and join my victorian fantasy challenge inspired by Steampunk Debutante.

LISA said...

Wow wow wow..Robin this whole post is just truly amazing!! And the display!!! It is like something you would see at CHA! Fabulous girl!!!What a nice thing to do to show family and friends your creative art!!! I bet they were in awe!! And very proud!! So many memories and stories in your layouts. So precious. Thank you so much for the inspiration and sharing such an intimate part of your life.
Lisa

Myra said...

Congrats on being G45s featured artist. You have such beautiful creations!

What a great idea to display your layouts at your family reunion!! That is awesome that your family, especially the men, truly appreciated it. It makes the hobby and labor of love worth every second!

mrsjudys said...

What beautiful layouts with beautiful people. We are the ones who keep the memories of those who have gone on alive for our children and grandchildren. I loved seeing your uncles and cousins looking closely at each picture. I think having them scrapbooked so beautifully makes a difference in how they are viewed.

I thank you for the inspiration.

Cindy Gay said...

This is the ultimate showcase for your beautiful work. . . showcasing it for all your family! Love all your layouts but particularly like the family display.

Jennifer Reynard said...

Wow, have come to see more of your gorgeous scrapbook layouts after visting the Graphic 45 blog. Have left a comment on their blog and shall leave one here as well. Graphic 45 needs to start their own magazine and you need to be published in it!!! Your layouts have blown me
away, absolutely perfect works of art!!
Your photos are breathtaking and I am so happy
for you that you know the names of the relatives
that you have taken the time to scrapbook.
Awesome work, you should be beaming with pride! :) Jennifer, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Natalie said...

Robin,
These are amazing. This is what scrapbooking is all about. thank you so much for sharing these intimate photos. your layouts are amazing. I can only wish that i can someday create such beautiful ways to preserve my family.
Thank you for sharing!
-Natalie

Mireille said...

can't believe the humongeous collection of AWESOME drop dead gorgeous layout!
Way to go!!

MARILYN said...

Gorgeous pages!! I love the sweet cheeks, Lucky and the one with your aunt(with the zipper)pages.
Congratulations on the Featured on G45!! Beautiful Work!!
Hugs!!

JennyKozar said...

Your work is STUNNING!!! SO inspirational - thank you for sharing.

New Follower here!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I checked out the G45 blog today.I'm adding your blog to my list of favorites.I loved all your layouts. You really did justice to your family photos. I look forward to seeing more of your creations. Thanks for sharing.
Dorothy C.

Erin Glee said...

Robin, you ROCK the G45! Oh my,my! Your talent and natural eye for color, texture and balance got my attention right away... congrats on being the Artist du Jour! From a new Fan~Erin Glee

Clare D. said...

I nominated you for a blog award. You can find the details at my blog: www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com
Be sure to check it out today and enter my blog candy drawing!

Lois said...

Robin: Wow!! You do incredible work. You have an eye for design as well as a very special gift. Your work is a wonderful inspiration.

JustYolie said...

Robin,
Congrats on being the featured artist, well deserved. I so enjoyed reading about your family and what a fabulous idea displaying family photos at your renuion. Your great aunt indeed as a wonderful memory!!
Fabulous LOs! I can hardly wait to see your creations for the blog hop!

Mazie said...

What a beautiful display for family. I know everybody really enjoyed the show. I did and I didnt know anybody. I love your work and detail.

Jacquie said...

Wow...our work is amazing and is inspiring me to create some pages for our upcoming family reunion.

Each page you have created is a work a of art, amazing and wonderful.

Lisa aka Raining said...

Congrats on the feature Robin! You should be on their design team. You do an amazing job of scrapping their papers!