Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Graphic 45 Revisited! Once Upon a Springtime

Welcome to 2011!  I am so excited about this upcoming year.  When I first began my scrapbooking journey many of my layouts were vintage inspired.  Many thought that was my true style, but I am not sure that I have one particular style.  My work centers around the subjects in the photos.  I had just inherited a huge amount of heritage photos so that is what I did exclusively for about six months.  While I love this style, it is not until recently that I have even thought about what my style truly is.....and I still don't know. lol. 

I can defiinitely say that I love beautiful, intricate paper designs.  There seems to be two paper companies that I gravitate toward consistently and one of them is Graphic 45.  When I started my vintage layouts in 2009 I amased a huge collection of Graphic 45 papers and I continue to grab their new collection as often as possible.  Today, I am revisiting Graphic 45 with this fanciful layout called "Sweet Cheeks."

The intricate designs of the collection allow you to detail cut to your heart's content.  I didn't use any other embellishments except for two small butterflies that I punched using Martha Stewart's butterly punch.  The original patterned paper has a large story book in the center of the page.  I detail cut around the edges of the page leaving the beautiful rabbits and fairies to frame my photo. 

I cut a small fairy and positioned it so it appeared it was placing daisies in the hair of the little girl.


Patterned Paper:  Graphic 45 - Once Upon a Springtime Collection
Ink:  Distress Ink - Vintage Photo; Memento - Rich Cocoa
Letters:  My Mind's Eye - Lush Collection
Punch:  Martha Stewart Crafts
Stamps:  Tattered Angels - Flowering Vine
Photo:  Sharron Goodyear

Thanks for joining me today. I truly enjoyed bringing you this fun and fancy layout featuring Graphic 45's Once Upon a Springtime collection.

8 comments:

curlyqmosaics said...

Your work is absolutely AMAZING! So very inspring, you are such a wonderful artist...I will definitely be back to see what more beautiful creations are in store for you!

Lisa said...

Wow Robin!!! This page is gorgeous!!! I've been on the fence about this paper and now I'm thinking I have to go and get it! Gorgeous fussy cutting and detail work as always.

Ivana Camdzic said...

Robin, thank you so much for visiting my blog and for becoming a follower. And thank you SO much for your kind comments! You are such a sweetheart AND an incredibly talented artist! I love all of your work...and this beautiful G45 page has me drooling!! I adore it to bits! Thanks again for all your love! Wishing you all the best in the New Year!

Elisabeth said...

This is so cute. Love all your fussy cutting. I, too, like to scrap in different styles, depending on the photos and papers.

Michelle said...

so adorable. I love her cheeks and how you made the fairy put flowers in her hair :-)

Michelle said...

and...I love your blog and am now a follower....fyi :-)

runzalot81 said...

This is beautiful! I have a hard time with G45 but your work is inspirational.

Sandy Ang said...

I'm blown away by your work Robin. All the best for the G45 DT. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.