Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Monday, January 10, 2011

My Mind's Eye - Holly Jolly Collection - "Noel"

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have started the new year off just the way you wanted. I would like to share a very special holiday layout I created for the Spellbinders Design Team call. I created a sketch for the contest to showcase the beautiful Heirloom Ornaments die set.  


I used the “Bricks” template from The Crafter’s Workshop to create the fun brick wall pattern on the page. I love this effect! It reminds me of the brick fireplace that Santa comes down in all the Christmas books.  I love layering! I cut two strips from the patterned paper and matted them on deep red patterned paper. I cut a circle to match the red outer trim of the page. I then added Stickles in Candy Cane red around the circle.

Gina K. had the most beautiful stamps to accompany the set. I stamped each ornament using “Real Red” ink from Stampin’ Up. Then I die cut each stamped image and mounted them on green patterned paper from the collection. Once the ornaments were adhered to the page using foam squares, I added small ivory pearls to each ornament.

I used deep red ribbon from My Mind’s Eye Lush collection to make my ornaments appear as if they are hanging from the top of the page. I also created small bows and topped them with pearls.

The title was created using the Fancy Tags die from Spellbinders. Love this set! It is just beautiful for showcasing your sentiments and titles. I used an Anna Griffin 3-D title sticker for the title. I applied small ivory pearls to the edge designs of the label.

TIP: The label was not long enough so I die cut two of them, cut the end off of one of them and attached them so the title sticker would fit.

Supply List
Patterned Paper, Tickets: My Mind’s Eye - Holly Jolly Collection
Title Sticker: Anna Griffin
Stamps: Gina K. – Heirloom Ornaments
Dies: Spellbinders - Heirloom Ornaments, Fancy Tags, Scalloped Borders
Ribbon: My Mind’s Eye – Lush Collection
Pearls: Kaisercraft
Inks: Distress Ink – Frayed Burlap, Fired Brick; Stampin’ Up – Real Red
Embellishments: Stickles – Candy Cane
Mask: The Crafter’s Workshop - Bricks

Thanks for joining me today. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions by clicking the "Contact" link at the top of the page.

2 comments:

JennyKozar said...

Just beautiful! Love the colors and the detail.

Cindy Gay said...

That is beautiful!