Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What Beauty Is....Webster's Pages

During the CHA previews I was the lucky winner of the Spring Market paper collection. While looking through the papers there was one that reminded me of a trip I took to Mexico. I decided to use that paper for the background of this layout titled “What Beauty Is.” True beauty doesn’t come from a store (you couldn't tell with all the lip gloss I own! lol), wrinkle reducing creams or the finest clothes. I believe that true beauty comes from within.

This photo was taken by my cousin, Crystal Thomas, of a woman selling jewelry in Cabo San Lucas. This is one of my favorite photos. I have saved it since 2009, just waiting for the perfect papers to come along.

Webster’s now has chipboard buttons and twine embellishments! I absolutely love them. I used them on the flowers and on the upper right corner of my photo.  I used Spring Market – Good Living as the background page.

I used a butterfly stencil from The Crafter’s Workshop and airbrushed using Copic markers YG17 and YR04 . I cut a circle using Vellum and inked the edges with Bundled Sage Distress Ink. I stamped around the circle using a beautiful flourish stamp from Tattered Angels Flowering Vine acrylic stamps.

The beautiful rose bloomers and blue fabric trim are also from Webster’s Pages. I used Spring Market - Simple Pleasures to cut the windmill embellishment that appears on the left side of the page. I inked the edges of the windmill using Bundled Sage Distress Ink.


Patterned Papers: Webster’s Pages – Spring Market Collection, Bo Bunny – Double Dot
Stamps: Tattered Angels – Flowering Vine Acrylic Stamps
Bloomers, Buttons, Fabric Trim and Twine: Webster’s Pages
Inks: Distress Ink - Broken China and Bundled Sage
Markers: Copic – YG17 and YR04
Tools: Deckle edge ruler - Fiskars, Spellbinders 12” die, Copic Airbrush System

Thanks for joining me today. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions by clicking the "Contact" link at the top of the page.

3 comments:

NoraAnne said...

This is a GORGEOUS layout! I love all of the details you put into it, lovely!

curlyqmosaics said...

So beautiful! Love all the patterns and the warm colors! Gorgeous layout!

Sarah Mullanix said...

Gorgeous LO and photo!! I just LOVE this line all all of WP! TFS