Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm Perfectly Shabby!

Hello everyone! I am happy to share with you three projects that I created for The Shabby Tea Room’s 2011 Design Team call which ends on Sunday, February 13th. The Tea Room provides weekly challenges which feature beautiful color palettes to spark your creativity. The theme for the call is “Pretty in {pink} Polka Dot Tea Party.” The inspiration photo is beautiful!  Take a look…..

I love tea! I visit spots such as Teavana just to look at the beautiful tea pots and to smell the aroma of their flavorful collection of loose teas. I used this experience as my inspiration for my first project, a heart shaped gift box.

I loved this heart shaped keepsake box from Maya Road the first time I laid eyes on it!  The beautiful sheer window allows the recipient to get a glimpse of the gift inside.  I can just imagine a collection of gourmet teas and an elegant English tea strainer tucked inside.

I started by covering the lower half of the gift box with beautiful pink music note paper from Making Memories.  I painted the lid white and added black pearls while the paint was still wet.  Once the lid was dry, I trimmed it with ruffled fabric trim from Pink Paislee.  I also trimmed the outer rim with soft pink roping.  Next up, flowers, flowers, flowers!  What would a gift box be without them!  I finished my design with a beautiful swag from Melissa Frances.


Next, I created two thank you cards. I figured someone would surely bring a hostess gift to my tea party. Lol. What better way to thank them than to create special cards of thanks.

The first card is a more elegant take on the theme.  This is the kind of card you send when you receive a beautiful silver tea service!  I kept the design elements simple, yet important.  Layering is an important design element for me.  It makes the most simple design stand out.   I used a Martha Stewart Crafts punch to create the decorative strip in the center of the card.  I topped the strip with a beautiful Melissa Frances design element.  I added two strings of pearls to complete my card.

I love this card!  I used my Sizzix to create the card base.  This die was my first Sizzix purchase.  I have had it forever and it still makes the most beautiful cards.  I fan folded pink patterned paper to create a fan.  I topped the fan with a Prima rose and ribbon.  I also used my Sizzix to create the delicate leaves which frame the fan.  The tea bag stamp is from TPC Studio and the sentiment stamp is from Stampin' Up.  I finished my card design by decorating the scalloped edges of my card base with a white pearl pen. 

Thanks for joining me today. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions by clicking the "Contact" link at the top of the page.

8 comments:

curlyqmosaics said...

Such beautiful creations! So elegant! I can only imagine the fancy tea party you would throw! :)

Debbie said...

Such fab creation ... ALL! Thanks for your interest in TSTR DT Call -- good luck :)

Be sure to complete all 3 steps of the application process in order to be considered.

Sasha said...

WOW!! Just been looking through your blog, and all your work is wonderful!!!!

JennyKozar said...

These are just beautiful.

Kristin said...

These are all perfectly shabby! You'll be a shoe-in for a DT spot. Good luck!

Linda L said...

Good luck Robin....I think your submissions are absolutely beautiful. I'm delighted to have found your stunning blog....talk about eye candy...yumm!

Maria said...

Gorgeous amazing creations!!! Good luck with the DT call!

Paper Paradise said...

Gorgeous! Look forward to seeing more 'shabby' creations. X