Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Love's Gaze


When I first began paper crafting, my biggest influence was, and still is, Anna Griffin. I still gravitate to her collections when I enter my local scrapbook store. I love all of the paper techniques that she uses to turn her pages into pure magic. I have used her pleated paper technique many times.

On Valentine’s Day we can get a little bit cutesy and icky sweet. Well, who doesn’t like that? But today I decided to use Anna’s woven paper technique to create this uber romantic layout titled “Love’s Gaze."

First I chose the two papers I wanted to use as my base. To weave the papers, I left the manufacturers tag at the bottom of my patterned paper. Leaving the tag allows you to keep the paper in place while you weave. I cut 6 vertical lines, every two inches across my paper. Then I cut 6 2” x 12” strips with my coordinating paper. Starting at the bottom, I began to weave my paper in between each one of my slits. I glued my woven papers to a piece of cardstock and trimmed to create a 12” x 12” square.


I created a frame for the page using a stencil from The Crafter’s Workshop. I traced my design in the center of my paper and cut using a craft knife. I inked the edges using Tattered Rose Distress Ink then I mounted the frame to my page using foam squares.


When I use an intricate paper technique I usually go easy on the embellishments. This way there are no distractions from the focal point.


Patterned Paper: Making Memories – Je t’Adore Collection, Bo Bunny – Chiffon Dot
Flowers: Anna Griffin Stickers, Prima
Ink: Distress Ink – Tattered Rose, Black Soot
Pearls and Crystals: Recollections, Kaisercraft
Tools: Stencil – The Crafter’s Workshop, X-acto Knife, Deckle Edge Ruler and Paper Trimmer – Fiskars

Thanks for joining me today. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions by clicking the "Contact" link at the top of the page.

9 comments:

Alia said...

Beautiful and romantic.

curlyqmosaics said...

WOW! This layout is breathtaking! Love the paper weaving, the crystals and the raised bracket border! Beautiful!

Crystal Thomas said...

Just Beautiful! I love the weaving technique

Cindy Gay said...

Simply beautiful. The pinks and blacks are particularly nice.

The Scrappy Cottage said...

Gorgeous photo and such a lovely layout. Thanks for the tip.......

Yesterday's Echo Scrapbooks said...

What an absolutely beautiful page! Great design on your blog too!

BabyBokChoy said...

What a well designed blog, beautiful work!

Lisa said...

Robin you are such a master with great paper techniques. This page is stunning and that photo is HOT! Beautiful.

myapyapooh said...

You have another beautiful page!