Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy Birthday! The Shabby Tea Room Turns 1!

I am happy to congratulate Debbie Marcinkiewicz, creator of this inspirational site, as The Shabby Tea Room celebrates its first birthday. The Tea Room features a weekly challenge where you are provided with an inspirational photo and theme. Be sure to stop by and take a look. I am sure you will be inspired.

Here is this week’s inspiration photo and theme “Party Time”:


You are asked to design a CARD, BANNER and/or GIFT with a BIRTHDAY OR CELEBRATION THEME! (You need not use the colors in the inspiration photo.)

I used the February Scrap That! kit to create this birthday card. I love the color combination of pink and yellow and thought it was the perfect palette for this design.

I created my card base using pink cardstock then I distressed and inked the edges. You can’t be shabby without distressing! Lol. I used the yellow striped patterned paper from the kit as my base layer. The kit included cards and I loved the pink with the scalloped design.

I used my Sizzix Birthday Cake die to create the focal point of the card. This is quite possibly my favorite Sizzix die.  I used “From the Heart” and a banner stamp from Tattered Angels. I used Colorbox pigment ink in Rosebud then I embossed with clear embossing powder.  To finish my design, I applied pearls using my Pearl Pen by Viva D├ęcor in Ice White.

Happy Birthday and many, many more!


Scrap That! February Kit
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Pearl Pen – Ice White
Inks: Distress Ink – Victorian Velvet, Colorbox Pigment Ink – Rosebud
Embossing Powder: Ranger - Embossing Antiquities Frosted Crystal
Stamps: Tattered Angels
Stickles:  Lemon Ice
Die Cut: Sizzix - Birthday Cake

Thanks for joining me today. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions by clicking the "Contact" link at the top of the page.

7 comments:

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Wow! This is gorgeous Robin! Love it! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa
TSTR DT

And congrats on being a finalist for the Graphic 45 DT!

Crystal Thomas said...

What a great card! Love the colors and the little banner

Karen Wilson said...

Very nice card. I like its composition, very well designed.

Lisa said...

Gorgeous card! The banner is really sweet. When are you going to open an ETSY? Happy Birthday TSTR!!!

Debbie said...

Oh my shabby goodness, Robin!!! This is so {sweet}!! I adore the bright and cheery colors, the seam binding is yummy and all those polka dots, candles and pretty papers -- YUM!! Thanks for sharing this card with us in the Tea Room for our birthday bash :)

Kristin said...

Unbelieveable! This card has everything!! It's a feast for my eyes. Just beautiful. Thanks for playing along this week at The Shabby Tea Room.

2amscrapper said...

so festive! love the layering and the banner