Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Friday, April 1, 2011

Mail Call! - Altered Mail Caddy



Hello everyone,

Let me start off today by thanking all of YOU for your support. I never imagined making so many new friends, let alone getting so many good wishes duirng the Graphic 45 Design Team Call.  It truly is an honor just to be in the top 25.  I still can't believe it! 

Today is the day we find out who has been selected to be on the 2011 Graphic 45 Design Team.  I hope all of you had the chance to check out the blogs of these amazing artists.  I am truly in good company. 

Since I will be waiting for news today, what better project than a mail caddy.  I purchased this fun little wood mail caddy from Michaels Crafts.  I loved the postcard designs found in the "Once Upon a Springtime" collection and just had to incorporate them into my project.   

Here you can see the postcards I used from the collection.  I love Tim Holtz Ornate Plates and wanted to use them for my "Incoming" and "Outgoing" tags.  I painted the plates with ivory acrylic paint, then topped them with Rock Candy crackle paint.  As you know, I love my Pearl Pens.  I used them here to frame my postcards.

I have been searching high and low for Tim Holtz metal feet. It seems that all of my local stores have sold out. I will just have to place an order soon. In the meantime, I found the cutest wooden pieces to serve as the feet for my caddy. I painted them with crackle paint and they look just beautiful!


Stay tuned to find out if I made the team!  I will post the news right above this post.


Mail Caddy:  DecoArt
Patterned Papers:  Graphic 45 - Once Upon a Springtime Collection
Wooden Feet:  AC Moore
Wooden Flourish:  (Fan Wingding) Artistic Woodworking Inc.
Flowers:  Prima; Bazzill Basics
Leaves:  Prima
Adhesives:  Helmar's 450 Quick Dry; Scor-Tape; Foam Squares
Ornate Plates:  Tim Holtz
Inks:  Distress Ink - Scattered Straw
Paints:  Distress Crackle - Tattered Rose
Pearl Pen (Viva Decor):  Salmon
Tools:  Brayer; Paper Trimmer; Detail Scissors; File
Font:  Algerian



Thanks for joining me today. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions by clicking the "Contact" link at the top of the page.




10 comments:

Lisa aka Raining said...

Absolutely gorgeous Robin! Can't wait to hear but I have no doubt that you made the team.

Brown Sugar Babies said...

This is GORGEOUS, and like I posted on SOC - it's magazine worthy!!! I hope you make the team!

eddiesgirl said...

Nice article In SOC!!! Love all of your vintage projects. You are a great inpiration to me. Congratulations.

Melissa said...

Robin, congratulations on making the Graphic 45 design team!!! Your work is fabulous and you deserve it :)

cbuswell said...

so pretty, lovely details!!

Lisa said...

Absolutely STUNNING! Really beautiful Robin. Congratulations on making the G45 DT! I never doubted it for a minute ;)

Mitsue Iwata said...

Robin, congrats on the DT! I really think you are very talented and deserve the spot! Can't wait to see more!

Lynette Carroll said...

Hi Robin. Congratulations on making the Graphic 45 Design Team. Your work is absolutely stunning - I can't believe I actually made the same design team as you. Looking forward to working with you this year.
Lynette

StampDancer said...

love this mail caddy! and congrats on your selection for the DT. You can get Tim Holtz feet via vendors on Amazon.

vuriakan said...

It’s really a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

nolvadex