Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Sunday, March 27, 2011

You - Mini Book



Hello everyone!

Today I am happy to share with you a mini book featuring Prima's new Botanical collection.  I am having a ball with all of the new CHA releases this week.  I picked up the new Butterfly Garden collection from Pink Paislee which is absolutely stunning.  I can't wait to use it.  I also received my new Webster's Pages and a few other goodies here and there. 

I knew exactly what I wanted to create with this new Prima collection.  A mini book!  I love chunky, over-the-top embellished books. 

The wooden album is made by Kaisercraft.  It was one of the last at my local stamping store.  I originally bought it to make a Valentine's Day book, but as you can see that never happened. Lol!

I painted the book white and sprinkled with white glitter.  I began layering flowers, lace and patterned paper to "chunk" up my cover.  I finished my cover by trimming the patterned paper and chipboard elements with my Pearl Pen in cream and gold. 


 Here is a close up of the cover detail.  I just love my Pearl Pens!

I added lots of fun ribbon and trims to my finished book.  I added chipboard elements, as well as this Melissa Frances key.

This is the first page of my book.  The journaling square was cut from my patterned paper. I did a bit of light masking, then added a butterfly and bling.  I wanted these elements to be seen through the open areas of the cover.  I especially like being able to see the butterfly's wings when the book is closed.

I absolutely love pages two and three.  Lots of soft detail with ribbon and flowers.  I used a Prima bouquet along with a beautiful large butterly and masking on page two.  On page three, I used a simple chipboard frame and trimmed it with cardboard stickers and a fun heart shaped key from Making Memories.  The cardboard stickers on page three (flowers and green border) are from the Botanical collection. 

Pages four and five are my favorite!  I mixed the old with the new on these pages.  Page four features a journaling square from the collection along with some old favorites.  I used the Lily bouquet as my focal point.  I trimmed the bottom of my journaling square with lace and a Prima flower border.  Page five features a tag which I made using a beautiful stamp and Making Memories metal frame.  The journaling square inside of the frame is from Webster's Pages.  I finished page five with lots of pearl accents I made using my Pearl Pen in Light Blue, Light Green and Yellow.


Patterned Paper:  Prima - Botancial Collection
Inks: Distress Ink - Bundled Sage, Mustard Seed and Scattered Straw; VersaMagic Chalk
 Ink - Tea Leaves
Stamp:  Tim Holtz
Wooden Book:  Kaisercraft
Flowers:  Prima
Pearl Pen (Viva Decor):  Gold, Light Blue, Light Green, Salmon, Yellow
Ribbon & Trim:  Memrie Mare; Craft Supply; Collage Trims; Prima
Embellishments:  Metal Frame - Making Memories; Tags - Stamper's Anonymous; Doily - My Little Yellow Bicycle; Crytals - Prima; Butterflies - Prima; Chipboard - Basic Grey, Tattered Angels; Mask - Prima


Thanks for joining me today. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions by clicking the "Contact" link at the top of the page.

20 comments:

Tammy E. said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Sammy Jo said...

This is breathtaking! Simply amazing and beautiful.

KateB said...

beautifuL! Love that particular shade of yellow and of course all the luxurious trims and embells!

Maxine said...

Robin, your work is just breath taking!

Martica Designs said...

This is stunning love the colors flowers everything is gorgeous.

Gerry said...

Robin, what a fantastic blog you have! Enjoyed surfing there and there :-) The mini album you created is totally adorable and full of amazing details! Thanks for sharing! ~Gerry~

Helen said...

This is absolutely beautiful. When I grow up, I wanna be just like you!

curlyqmosaics said...

Wow! So fancy & beautiful!

Jolaine Frias said...

Breathtakingly beautiful! I love making mini albums too and this one is TFS!

Paper Paradise said...

I have to say this mini album is so beautiful. So much detail......love it. Sue x

Sandy said...

what a stunning mini this is!! all the beautiful details and color you used is just awesome!

Vicky Alberto said...

sooooo amazing, gorgeous colors and textures

Papercrafting Princess said...

Beautiful...I LOVE the front cover. TFS

kashagray5 said...

What an absolutely stunning mini!! So many gorgeous details! Thanks for sharing!
Mandy

Sunfairy said...

Totally gorgeous Robin!! Your mini looks like a breathtaking beautiful Easter present & your color palette is so perfect for Spring :) Every detail is gorgeous - TFS! BTW, I LOVE the pearl pens! Thanks for the info :)

Iolanthe said...

This is absolutely stunning. A work of art. Oh, imagine being given this.

Only a Cat said...

Robin, this is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!! I read your blog with great pleasure. I live in Ukraine and I don't see so beautiful and stunning works in my country :(

Linda Pekrul said...

Love this album, love this blog, and love your playlist!!! I've been trying to think of something special to make my sister when she turns 50 this year and this would be absolutely perfect. Thanks for the inspiration!

scrappylikethat said...

wow...this is crazy beautiful! It's soft, bright and just lovely! ...wow

Kathy Straw said...

I just discovered your mini album on Pinterest. So beautiful!!