Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April Scrap That! Kit - Madame Butterfly




Hello everyone! 

I could not wait to create a layout using the April kit from Scrap That!  I love this photo of my cousin and my daughter.  My daughter truly loves my cousin and you can see the genuine love they have for each other in this special photo.  My daughter is not so small anymore...my how time flies!

The Madame Butterfly Kit features the Gabrielle collection from Bo Bunny.  I love the die cut circle included in this collection.  I used it as the framework for the photo. I tucked it inside the butterflies which I cut using my craft knife. 


The liquid pearls were also included in this kit this month. The color is amazing!  Here is a close up photo of the liquid pearls and some detail cutting that I did to create a photo corner.  I used my Fiskars decorative scissors (Clouds) to create a scalloped border around my distressed circle.  You can also see where I have triple matted the photo.  This is a really easy technique which packs a huge punch!


You can always find the best embellishments in the patterned paper itself!  You just need a bit of patience and a craft knife or detail scissors.  I usually use both when cutting intricate designs.


April Scrap That! Kit:  Madame Butterfly
Lettering:  Prima
Decorative Scissors:  Fiskars - Clouds

Thanks for joining me today. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions by clicking the "Contact" link at the top of the page.

2 comments:

Scrap-diva said...

Hi Robin
This is gorgeous, such a touching scene.
Hugs
Natalie

Sunfairy said...

Robin, your layout is stunning!! I LOVE the layering & all the little touches. What a gorgeous photo, too! Thank you so much for all wonderful inspirations you give me for scrapping my own special pics :)