Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Friday, April 29, 2011

Butterfly Garden - Pink Paislee

Happy Friday! 

This is a short post today.  I am getting ready to head off to work but I wanted to finish up before leaving.

I love the new Butterfly Garden collection from Pink Paislee.  The soft color palette is perfect for spring and summer photos and projects. 


This layout is based on the inspiration photo from The Shabby Tea Room's Week 59 challenge - Butterflies.  This week we were asked to create a card or project based on the inspiration photo and use BUTTERFLIES!  There is no requirement to use the colors from the photo.

I used the inspiration photo as my guide when designing my layout.  Notice how the flowers, chipboard and butterflies float diagonally across my page?  It mirrors the direction of the butterflies in the photo.

I used Dusty Attic chipboard flourishes to frame the beautiful bird cage.  I cut the bird cage image from the patterned paper and inked the edges with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.  I kept the Prima flowers white to maintain the soft look of the page. 


I used Pink Paislee's Artisan Elements - Circles to add interest to the page. Here is a close up of the title which is also part of the collection. 


Patterned Paper, Artisan Elements, Embellishments:  Pink Paislee
Chipboard Flourishes:  Dusty Attic
Chipboard Title Sticker:  We R Memory Keepers Layered Words
Flowers:  Prima
Ink/Paint:  Distress Ink - Bundled Sage, Frayed Burlap, Tattered Rose; Adirondak
Lace:  Maya Road
Punch:  Martha Stewart Crafts

Thanks for joining me today. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions by clicking the "Contact" link at the top of the page.

9 comments:

Sarah-R said...

So pretty Robin!

bes53913 said...

Gorgeous! You should frame it and display on your wall!

Cindy Gay said...

Very pretty layout. Love the photo corner. I saw your beautiful family album in the Scrapbook Trends Mini Album book. Congratulations! I recall when you were the first person to comment on one of my first posts to scrapbook.com!

myapyapooh said...

Amazing, I just love looking at your layouts.

Sheri said...

This is INCREDIBLE! I'm so envious in your layouts! I'm not there yet???

Thanks for sharing with us this week at The Shabby Tea Room ;-)

Anabelle said...

This is sensational!! Love it, Robin!

Debbie said...

Absolutely STUNNING, Robin! Thanks for sharing this amazing creation with us all in the Tea Room this week :)

Sunfairy said...

Robin, this is so beautiful!! You have the most amazing talent, sigh :) I love how your elements "float" across the page! How on earth did you hand-paint the black & gold on the DA flourishes??!!

gypsychick said...

This is so beautiful Robin! I love what you've done with the papers I created for Pink Paislee here! I am going to feature you on my blog if that's ok.

www.thegypsychick.blogspot.com