Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Monday, April 11, 2011

Guest Designer - The Shabby Tea Room


Hello everyone!

I am truly honored to be the Guest Designer for The Shabby Tea Room this week. When I received the inspiration photo I just sighed! I love birds, and own three of them, so this was perfect for me.

The theme for this week is “Doilies and Lace.”  Here is the inspiration photo: 


I created my card base using Bo Bunny’s Double Dot patterned paper. I have this paper in every color that they make! I like it because it is wonderfully versatile being softly dotted on one side and lightly textured on the reverse.

Next, I stamped plain white paper with Tim Holtz’s new Book Covers Stamp. I have to thank my friend Lisa Valentine for telling me about these new stamps.

                                                     Tim Holtz Book Covers Stamps

I used Colorbox Pigment Ink in Rosebud to stamp the image. I just love the richness of pigment inks. I also used this ink to color the border of my smaller doily. Once the doily was dry, I attached it to the center of my large white doily and attached both to the top, center of my card.


I used a beautiful piece of blue lace from Webster’s Pages. I cut a small piece and placed it at the bottom of my doilies. I used my new Parisian Accents dies from Spellbinders to create a label and decorative pieces for my card. I inked the edges of the label and placed it in the center of the doilies. When I first received the inspiration photo I knew what image I would use as my focal point. I knew I wanted a bird and I remembered that Graphic 45 has a beautiful collection called “Once Upon a Springtime” which contains the sweetest image of a baby riding a bird. I detail cut the image and attached it to the center of my label using foam squares.

What would a card be without Melissa Frances’ resin pieces? I placed one of her swags under my focal point. I used stickles to give the swag a bit of sparkle. My Colorbox Pigment Ink in Rosebud got a lot of use during this project. I used it again to stamp and emboss my sentiment.  I added a white decorative die cut flourish to each side of the sentiment to finish my card.


Papers: Bo Bunny – Double Dot, Bazzill, Graphic 45 – “Once Upon a Springtime”
Stamps: Tim Holtz, Hero Arts
Inks: Colorbox Pigment - Rosebud
Embellishments/Other: Swag - Melissa Frances; Lace - Webster’s Pages; Doilies - MLYB
Die Cuts: Spellbinders – Parisian Accents, Stickles

Thanks for joining me today. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions by clicking the "Contact" link at the top of the page.

9 comments:

Crystal Thomas said...

Beautiful Card! Congrats to being guest designer at the shabby tea room

Debbie said...

Absolutely beautiful, Robin! I {heart} that TH stamp and adore all the shabby layers you've added to your design! Thanks for joining us as a GDT this week in the Tea Room :)

curlyqmosaics said...

WOW! The only way to describe this card is DELICIOUS! I absolutely love all the gorgeous details...the lace, the colors, the everything!

bes53913 said...

Just scrumptious! It amazes me how you get from the inspiration photo to your finished creation! I have so much to learn and how wonderful it is to have such talented artist like you who so generously share your beautiful art with us!

Candy C said...

Beautiful card and the little doilies and lace eggs are adorable. Thank you for the lovely post! <3 Candy

Lisa said...

Really beautiful Robin. That lace is gorgeous. I just love your cards!!!

Sheri said...

I LOVE that book cover stamp! The layers you've created are wonderful! So glad you joined as GDT this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love the layers of doilies that you used!! Lovely job! ♥♥♥

Sherry Goodloe said...

Love your beautiful work Robin. Saw the projects you created over on the graphics 45 blog and ran right over here! I am now a follower so I can see your work more often *smiles*.

Have an art-filled day today! Nice meeting you. I hope you will stop by for a visit to my blog some time as well.