Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Thursday, April 21, 2011

So Very You - Heritage Layout



Hello everyone!

I am happy to share with you a heritage layout I created using Prima's Moulin Rouge collection, with a touch of the new Botanical collection as well.  I really like the soft blues that are in this collection.  They work perfectly with all of my black and white photos.

I used a lovely soft doily from We R Memory Keepers to frame my photo.  I sprayed the doily with Haunted Shadow Glimmer Mist, then inked with Broken China Distress Ink.  The wooden butterfly is from my local craft store.  I used Distress Inks to color the butterfly and petals.  The body of the butterfly was colored with stickles.


I picked up the new Prima masks and used one to create this shabby border.  I sprayed Moonlight Glimmer Mist over my mask to create this beautiful muted design.  While the paper was still wet, I tore the design by hand to get a truly distressed edge.  I inked the edges with Dusty Concord Distress Ink.


Patterned Paper, Alpha, Mask, Flowers, Pearl Trim, Tag:  Prima
Doily:  We R Memory Keepers
Inks:  Dusty Concord, Broken China Distress Inks - Ranger
Spray Color:  Glimmer Mist - Tattered Angels
Pearl Bauble:  Tim Holtz
Wooden Butterly:  AC Moore Craft Supply

Thanks for joining me today. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions by clicking the "Contact" link at the top of the page.

8 comments:

Tara Orr said...

gorgeous as always my talented friend! wonderfully composed and I love all the romantic elements; doily (they have a special place in my heart - LOL), the colour palette and the awesome butterfly! fantastic work!

Candy C said...

Your layout is gorgeous! Your work is so elegant and beautifully done. Always a pleasure to see. <3 Candy

Crystal Thomas said...

Beautiful! I love the way you tore the paper to bring out the mask

Artfully Musing said...

This is so lovely! Laura

Sunfairy said...

Gorgeous Robin!! I love your beautifully blended colors & the doily is perfect! Thanks for the direction on what to do with all my black & white photos, too :)

Fran Brunke said...

Makes me feel like I could just walk through time, go up on to the porch and sit. It just doesn't get better than this.

kashagray5 said...

Gorgeous layout Robin! Elegant and executed perfectly!

Edie said...

I'm in awe of your talent. Everything you do is so beautiful and elegant.