Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Garden Visit



Hello everyone,

First, I would like to thank everyone for their comments on my Nature's Diary post.  I loved reading your comments. 

I love my wild birds and feed them year round.  Last year I added this solar powered fountain to my garden and they love it!  My daughter took this photo of one of the first visitors to my new fountain. 

In keeping with the nature theme, I created this layout for The Color Room Palette Challenge this week...Family Room. 


The palette features papers and colors from the May Scrap That! kit. 


I used a few Prima flowers along with flowers and stems that I detail cut from my patterned paper.

I detail cut this beautiful lady as well as the vines.  I draped her image over the chipboard frame from Dusty Attic.  I painted the frame green, then went over it with manila acrylic paint.  I used my fingers to achieve this look.  I used a floral mask from Prima and misted my paper lightly with Tattered Angels chalkboard spray.



Patterned Paper:  Pink Paislee - Butterfly Garden
Ink/Paints:  Tattered Angels Chalkboard Spray; Making Memories Acrylic Pain - Manila; Ranger Acrylic Paint Dabber - Lettuce.
Punch:  Martha Stewart Crafts - Garden Gate
Flowers and Mask:  Prima
Doily:  My Little Yellow Bicycle
Chipboard:  Dusty Attic
Adhesive:  ATG 700; Helmar's 450 Quick Dry Adhesive

Thanks for joining me today. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions by clicking the "Contact" link at the top of the page.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

My hand is all cramped up looking at your fussy cutting. LOL Really beautiful page. I love how you used the DA frame.

curlyqmosaics said...

Absolutely gorgeous layout, and that photo pops off the page wonderfully...I love it all!

Jolanda said...

Absolutely beautiful! It really all fits together.

Really love the layout of your blog, b.t.w.. Super elegant/professional! Hmmm... I have to keep this in mind when I restyle my own blog ;)

Cottagerca said...

Absolutely gorgeous, you have inspired me to take a few photo's of my little friends at my bird bath. Thanks for sharing the details and techniques, inspiration all around. gracias

Vicky Alberto said...

OMGosh . oh wow this is amazing!

Tina said...

stunning, I love it !!!

Today for Tomorrow said...

Absolutely beautiful layout. Love the colours, love it all and a great way to use the DA Frame.