Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Time of Comfort - Sympathy Card



 

Hello everyone! 

There are times in life where we need to comfort one another during a time of loss.  I created this card for a friend who lost her father last week.  She is truly a bright light and wonderful person.  She is probably one of the most unselfish and giving people that I know. 


Card Detail - Inside

This beautiful sentiment is from the Sympathy Sentiments clear stamp set from Impression Obsession.  The bird is a 3-D sticker from K&Company. 

I used the inspiration photo from The Shabby Team Room - Week 60 challenge for my color palette.  The soft beautiful blue was my inspiration for my card.



This week we were asked to create a card or project based on the inspiration photo and use BLUE, WHITE (or CREAM) and a NEUTRAL (KRAFT, BROWN, BLACK, TAN).  

The Valise paper collection from Memory Box features muted colors and soft designs on a versatile kraft background. I wanted to add brightness to the card so I used touches of white here and there.

Spellbinders Labels Twenty and Grand Labels Eleven gave shape and dimension to the card. 


I am loving these 3-D stickers from K&Company.  I loved the soft white flowers and beautiful Chickadee.  I added Prima flowers and a small resin beauty from Melissa Frances.


1.  Create card base using Spellbinders Grand Labels Eleven die number 3.
2.  Die cut and emboss white card stock using Grand Labels Eleven die number 2.  Adhere to card base using foam squares.
3.  Die cut and emboss patterned paper with Grand Labels Eleven die number 1. 
4.  Adhere lace to the lower portion of blue patterned paper.  Adhere the patterned paper die cut to the card base.
5.  Stamp desgin and sentiment (emboss sentiment) on whtie card stock.  Die cut with Spellbinders Labels Twenty. Adhere to the center of card.
6.  Apply K&Company sticker to the lower right and upper left side of the sentiment.
7.  Make a small bow and adhere to the top left side of the sentiment.  Adhere rosette to the center of the bow.
8.  Adhere rosette to the lower right side of the card on top of the sticker. 
9.  Adhere resin flourish below the bird as shown.


Patterned Paper:  Memory Box
Stickers:  K&Company
Lace:  Maya Road
Ribbon:  Creative Impressions
Dies:  Grand Labels Eleven, Labels Twenty
Stamps:  Crafty Secrets Clear Art Stamps - Card Sentiments, Just Rite Cling - Kindess Set
Ink:  American Crafts - Powder; Ranger Ink - Embossing Ink
Embossing Powder:  Stampin' Up - Black
Flowers:  Prima
Resin Scroll Applique:  Melissa Frances

Thanks for joining me today. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions by clicking the "Contact" link at the top of the page.

7 comments:

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Wow! This is absolutely amazing Robin!! GORGEOUS!!

Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa

Sheri said...

SO PRETTY! Love the little birdie and I'm a sucker for JR stamps!

Thanks for sharing with is this week at The Shabby Tea Room ;-)

curlyqmosaics said...

Your card is breathtakingly beautiful. It is perfect. :)

Lisa said...

Absolutely divine. Love the colors and the shapes. Beautiful.

bes53913 said...

An exquisite card, Robin! Even with the embellishments it maintains an understated elegance. I really like this!

Naomi said...

Such a gorgeous card...love everything about it!

Crystal Thomas said...

Such a beautiful card!