Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Monday, May 16, 2011

Nature's Diary Mini Book


Hello everyone! 

I am super excited to share my latest mini with you titled "Nature's Diary."  This month one of my mini books was published in Scrapbook Trends Create:  Mini Albums magazine.  I still can't believe it's there in print!  I will share my published book with you in early June.

To celebrate my first published work, I am having a giveaway!  Simply leave a comment for me on this post and you will be entered into my random drawing for a gift certificate to Scrapbook.com on May 31, 2011. 



I wanted the cover of the book to be something special.  I used lots of beautiful Prima roses in a beautiful crimson color to add depth to my cover.  I love the contrast against the kraft colored background.  I also used wooden vines to add texture, as well as a metal butterfly also from the Gabrielle collection.


This side view of the diary shows the chunkiness of the pages. 



I have several journals and mini books just waiting to be completed, but the new Brag Book from Fancy Pants caught my eye.  Now the others will just have to wait!  Lol.
The book features journaling pages, pockets and photo sleeves.  It is the perfect combination to showcase your photos and keepsakes.

Come inside my diary.....


Aren't these patterns just scrumptous?!!!  The Gabrielle collection is stunning.  I have found myself using it over and over again. 


You are going to see me use the word “love” multiple times during this post.  I love each and every page of this book.  I wanted the first page of the book to greet you with beauty and softness.  I used a beautiful journaling spot and I adorned it with flowers and fabric leaves.  I finished my page with a delicate wood flourish vine and liquid pearls. 


Here I am as a little girl in my little garden.  I have already started journaling about all the fun I had watching my flowers grow.



This book has an abundance of journaling pages and pockets.  It truly takes brag books to the next level!  The Gabrielle collection comes with stunning metal trinkets which I used throughout the book. 



I can't wait to add a photo to this page.  I have several in mind, but I couldn't decide on which one to use.  On the left side of the book I used glittered layered chipboard flourishes to frame my future photo.  I left plenty of space in order to slide my photo in the space. 



Here is my daughter and of course, she's surrounded by flowers!  I used lace, chipboard, stickers and cameos to adorn my pages. 



On the right side you can see where I used another metal cameo from the collection.  Can you believe I have already run out of them?  Sounds like a good excuse to buy more! lol.  You can also see my favorite lace from Maya Road.  I have literally bought 10 yards of it!  It is soft and dainty and I love it!



Surprise!  Here I am again still tending to my little piece of heaven. I am an only child and I have always found solace in nature.  The "Happy" chipboard banner is from My Mind's Eye. 



I love the simplicity of these two pages.  I used a metal book plate from Tim Holtz on the flap of my envelope.  It lifts up so I can slip piece of memorabilia inside.  I kept the design on the journaling page simple so I would have plenty of space to write my thoughts.


Well, we have come to the end.  This is my favorite page!  Don't be surprised if you see this made into a 12 x 12 layout.

I hope you enjoyed your time here with me today.  I am working on another book featuring a collection from Graphic 45.


Well, as you can see I have started my journaling.  See you again soon.


Brag Book:  Fancy Pants
Patterned Paper:  Bo Bunny; My Mind's Eye
Inks:  Ranger Distress Ink; Colorbox Pigment Ink
Adhesives:  Glue Dots, ATG, Helmar’s 450 Quick Dry; Foam Squares
Flowers, Leaves and Mask:  Prima
Embellishments:  Metal Butterflies, Cardstock and Chipboard Stickers, Gems, Lettering, Metal Trinkets – Bo Bunny; Ribbon – Creative Impressions; Lace – Craft Supply, Maya Road; Fabric Trim - Maya Road; Chipboard Stickers – My Mind’s Eye; Pearl Pen – Viva Décor; Wood Flourishes - Vines – Kaisercraft; Book Plate - Tim Holtz; Flower Stickers - Anna Griffin

Tools:  Decorative Scissors – Fiskars; Punch – Martha Stewart Crafts;


Thanks for joining me today. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions by clicking the "Contact" link at the top of the page.

42 comments:

Paper Paradise said...

Wow this is just amazing, what a beautiful mini book. I 'LOVE' it!!!!!!! Sue x

Nancy Wethington said...

Holy cow Robin, this is absolutely to-die-for gorgeous!

lvalent3 said...

O.M.G. I love what you have done. So very inspiring and that brag book will be perfect for our trip! Love the pockets and the chunky pages. Just gorgeous work as always!

Anonymous said...

Robin- this is exquisite. Your work just gets more beautiful and beautiful!

Linda Pekrul said...

What a beautiful book. I just love it.

Sunfairy said...

Robin, your journal is truly beautiful & I'm not one bit surprised it was published. Many congratulations my friend :) The love you put into your art shows in every page. Thank you so much for sharing. I'll never look at another one of my journals the same way again, lol.
{{{hugs}}} & congratulations again!!

Cindy Gay said...

Robin, your designs are as good as they get! I love the picture of you "tending your little piece of heaven".

Sarah-R said...

Robin, this is stunning. Your designs are so gorgeous and inspiring! Congratulations on being published - you totally deserve it!

Nilsa said...

Congratulations on being published. Your album is beautiful, loving all the details and work you put into it.

Sherry said...

Wow breathtaking!... congrats on being published. Such an outstanding job! Love every detail that was put into it.. Well done!!!!!
Sherry

CreativeKatie said...

Robin: This is such a stunning diary! I love all the details on each and every page! It is so beautiful, I think I'd find it hard to write in! It is no wonder it was published!!
-Katie

Karen said...

Beautiful book Robin! I am so happy for you being published. Great accomplishment. Great Job!

Sharanda said...

This is an AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS piece of art...but I expect nothing less from you! You always leave me in awe of your work. Congratulations on being published!! TFS :)

scrappinmomto2girls said...

I can definitly see why u were published!!! This is gorgoeus!!!! So kind of u to do a giveaway! Good luck to everyone!!

xoxox

Margaret aka scrappinmomto2girls

Monique Nicole Fox said...

Congrats Robin! Your minibook is awesome!

Sincerely,
Monique Fox
mnfoxx1110@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This book is beautiful! I can see why it got published. I love all the butterflies you incorporated and your detail work is just stunning. Great job!!

Melissa (mrssugarbear@hotmail.com)

jjocarlson said...

I really love the mini book it is so cute and creative. Thank you so much for sharing

Natalie said...

Simply goregous!!! i love your work and this does not disappoint. Thank you so much for sharing. Beautiful!!!
-Natalie

Stephanie Lansberg said...

This is jaw dropping gorgeous. Fabulous design and gorgeous paper and embellies on each page. The cover knocked my socks off. Your handwriting is so pretty. How do I improve mine? I journal on my lo's but hate my writing. This is so beautiful. You should be very proud!!

Pendra said...

This is so gorgeous! I am a very big fan of Bo Bunny it was a wonderful choice. I have a brag book from Fancy Pants but I never envisioned it to look this beautiful. I have been following your work and you are one of my favorite artists. You should be proud... you deserve it!

mommyof5kidz said...

Ph my goodness ! THat is absolutely amazing! You did a magnificent job on this!

Vicky Alberto said...

OMGosh stunning doesn't even describe this properly. BTW I just checked out your sketches and they are really wonderful!

lost coast scrapper said...

This is just amazing work Robin, just stunningly beautiful!! Thanks for sharing and congrats on being published, well-deserved!!!!!

Pam said...

Wow! Robin your album is fabulously spectacular! Congrats on being published...it's a very big deal and you deserve it...you are very talented! I so enjoy your blog.

jude said...

This is absolutely stunning Robin.The content the papers ,colours design and embellishments used .Have all matched beautifully and the compination is this truly stunning creation!
Congratulations and so well deserved on your publication
hugs judex

Chela Creates said...

Hey Robin ...just checking in as always your work is amazing and continues to inspire me :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh Robin, this album is simply beautiful. Makes me want to see it, feel it, touch it and just drool all over it. It's fabulous. Be proud!
SuZeQ ~ kosec@sbcglobal.net

Kelly R said...

oh how beautiful! i love everything about this. awesome job! also love your blog look.

Laurak1 said...

Wow! I just got the same brag book and looking at mine now I couldn't even envision something as beautiful as yours! You definitely deserve a wide audience for this work of art, congrats!

Cheryl said...

Robin, your pages, journals and it seems, everything you make, are absolutely gorgeous. I cannot even find the words to describe the inspiration you are. I love every page of Graphics 45. You use them as if you painted every page yourself. You are a true artist. Your work is everything I dream of. PM Dawn, my favorite song. What's not to love!

Anonymous said...

I love how you have used the beautiful Gabrielle papers! I have lots of it too, and you have given me so many ideas - Thank You!

Marilyn

NoWomanNoCry said...

This is amazing work..I can see why you it was put in print...I love how its a journal were you can write in it like you would a regular one..great work!!!

zielonooka said...

WOW!!! Amazing mini book, I can not stop looking at it.
You inspire me.
Greetings from Poland:)

Astrid Maclean said...

This is stunning, I just loved every page! You and your daughter look so alike in the photos. Lovely, lovely work!!

Grace said...

Robin your pages are absolutely scrump-deelicious! Beautiful work. I have yet to make a mini just for me and this might be the catalist.

Truth said...

Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous!

Krystle said...

I am not at all surprised that you got published -- your work is stunning!

Cottagerca said...

Robin, you are on your way to a creative journey. I wish you all the best and enjoy this happy time in your life. Your work is very detailed and only scrapbookers can appreciate the amount of time it takes for your kind of detail on your design's. You have inspired me to go the extra effort on my LO's just as i think i am done. Thank you for the detail and sharing of techniques you describe here. Stunning and the color tones of your projects are all eye candy to me. Mucho Gracias

~Tammy~ said...

This is just so stunning and I can only imagine the heart you put into it. Congrats on being published! It easy to see why!!

Sonya said...

Hi - I just purchased this diary a couple weeks ago at a mega meet and have been debating over what do to with it. I am SO glad that I happened across your diary on scrapbook.com!! It's given me some great ideas. I've always wanted to create a garden book. I think this is the perfect album to use! I love the Bo Bunny line that you used. I've bookmarked your blog to revisit. You're obviously very talented. Thanks so much for being an inspiration!! (big smile)

Denay said...

I absolutely love the mini album. It is stunning.
I'm not one for the smaller albums, but after seeing this it is on my list of things to do/try.
Thanks for the inspiration.

Denay

reneabouquets said...

Wow Robin, your mini album is totally stunning. I know you spent a lot of hours working on it, because it has so much attention to detail. I can see why it was published, it is amazing. Congrats!!
~Renea