Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Friday, July 29, 2011

August Scrap That! Kit Reveal Blog Hop


Welcome to the reveal of the August Scrap That! Kit "Somewhere in Time."  If you have arrived here from Lisa's blog you are in the right place.  If you are one of my regular scrappy friends, I invite you to join in the hop and go to http://scrapthatchat.blogspot.com/ so you don’t miss any of the projects we have for you on the hop this weekend.  The papers and embellishments in the kit feature warm earth tones and beautiful blues.  The main kit is filled with Bo Bunny, Creative Imaginations, Dusty Attic and Petaloo  products just to name a few. 


I love the vintage feel of the Timeless Collection from Bo Bunny and I used the patterned papers from the collection to create this vintage layout.   The design is loosely based off of the kit sketch this month.  I simply enlarged the photo area at the top of the sketch and made it into a full page.  The photo is from Dreamstime Stock Images under the “Vintage” category.  I was captured by this photo the first time I laid eyes on it!  Just look at those beautiful faces. 

Creative Imaginations’ Corrugated Kraft Paper is the technique product included in the main kit this month.  I used it on my layout to create a die cut title using Quickutz Nutmeg alphabet dies. 

  

Once the letters were cut, I matted them on Bo Bunny’s Double Dot Cardstock (Sugar) which is included in the main kit.  Once matted, I trimmed the letters leaving a small mat so that the letters would stand out on the page. 

Dusty Attic chipboard is also included in the main kit and I used it to create a vintage inspired photo corner.  I inked the chipboard with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Ink. (These inks are not included in the kit, but you can use any dark brown ink that you have available.)  I glued the photo corner to the page then I added Kaisercraft Pearls from the main kit.

 

Continuing with the vintage theme, I used the beautiful kit sketch by L.G. Belarmino to create this layout.  


The warm hues of the “Timeless” collection from Bo Bunny along with the sepia tone of the photo make for the perfect vintage layout.  My cousin had wonderful vintage inspired photos taken earlier this year of her little girl and I knew this one would be the perfect focal point of the page.  

I used papers and embellishments from the main kit and embellishment kit. I love striped paper and I used it here on the left side of my page. I wanted a defined transition from the striped paper to the background paper. To achieve the definition I desired, I punched the edges of my dark olive paper then placed it behind my striped paper.  The clocks were cut from patterned paper, inked and placed on my layout following the sketch design. The chipboard title sticker is from We R Memory Keepers and the leaves are by Prima.

My last layout was created using the main kit contents only. The muted tones of the Wild Spirit collection from Creative Imaginations provide the perfect canvas for a fun western layout. 

I started with my “Wild Spirit Tan” paper as my base.  I cut the center design from “Wild Spirit” paper to create a subtle frame for my base.  I ripped a strip from “Hopes and Dreams” to place behind my photo.  The photo frame was cut from Bo Bunny’s Timeless collection.

The hanging sign was cut using my Tim Holtz “Hanging Sign” die. I wanted to add texture so I used the corrugated kraft paper from the main kit.
I cut a large butterfly from my “Hopes and Dreams” paper then I placed a punched butterfly on top to add interest. Both were then added to my hanging sign. To finish off my sign, I added striped paper, pearls and my title.



The flowers were punched from patterned paper, then inked and layered.  The flower centers are simple pearls from the main kit.   I did not do heavy layers because of the bulk it would add to my daughter’s scrapbook.


Now head over to Shona's blog for some more amazing creations using the Scrap That! "Somewhere in Time" Kit.
**Remember, that in order to qualify for the Grand Prize of a Fully Loaded Scrap That! Paper Crafting Kit you must:

1) VISIT EVERY BLOG ON THE HOP, LEAVE A COMMENT AND BECOME A FOLLOWER
2) GO TO SCRAP THAT! FACEBOOK PAGE AND BECOME A FRIEND
3) GO TO THE SCRAP THAT! SOCIAL COMMUNITY AND BECOME A MEMBER
AND..... if that isn’t enough, BO BUNNY has generously offered a prize as well! So that’s not one, not two, but THREE chances to win!! If you upload our Blinkie to your blog and our blog patrollers see it, you will increase your chances of winning!

We hope you all had good fun hopping with us today. The hop ends at midnight MST on Sunday, July 31, 2011.

Thank you so much for playing along! Watch for the Scrap That! newsletter posted on our NING community on August 22nd to see if you are one of the lucky winners!


38 comments:

Shona said...

oh wow Robin..these are just gorgeous all of them. Beautiful details and the letters tip is just awesome ty:)

Lisa said...

I love those pages!! Those pics are too cute. Your layers are perfection. Gorgeous work the kit.

Lori said...

Robin - the detail in your work leaves me breathless! The Vintage Stock photo you used is really moving - adorable faces indeed!Your cousin's little girl is just precious too :) Great work!

Márcia Elisa Ferraz said...

Wow, amazing projects! I love your style.

Anna C said...

Your layouts are very beautiful, love how you used the Timepiece papers!

Tina said...

Gorgeous work, Robin! I love the what you did with the title letters on your first page!

Vicky Alberto said...

Your elegance really shines in these - that first one is my fave (too adorable!)

Lolô Artesanato said...

Hi Robin
Gorgeous pages
I love it!!!
xx
Leila
leilacassimira@gmail.com

(I'm your follower now)

Cottagerca said...

Robin, love your interpretation of LG sketch. lovely LO

Pips said...

Awww... the image on the first LayOut is SOO sweet - and i absolutely LOVE everything about that Layout. I like the others too - but the first is simply stunning! Wauw! Have a great weekend. Dorthe

Romy said...

Oh my, you completely blew me away. What gorgeous pages these are!

Jolanda said...

Stunning! Especially your first page. I love just everything about that layout.

sonyaeverding said...

LOVE the vintage pic layout with the two kids. ABSOLUTE GORGEOUS. Beatufil kit. I am now a loyal follower...Thanks

Bubby's Momma said...

WOW! I am impressed. This is awesome work. I hope I can be as creative as you now that this is my new habit.

Angie Brown said...

I love the rustic feel to your pages, so many clever little elements, thank you for sharing what you have done with this month's kit from Scrap That!

Nicole Brenna said...

I loved the first layout so much! All of the were wonderful but that one really made me stop and look at each part of it! You are super duper talented!

Ruby said...

Beautiful work. Love them all. I just became a follower of your blog.

Fi said...

Gorgeous work and you had such adorable subjects to scrap.

Sandi Smith said...

oh my Robin...your amazing take on the kit is just stunning!!

Scossie Jane said...

Oh My Robin, what stunning work, your layouts are beautiful, such a pleasure to view, and your take on the sketch is perfect... Hugs x

kimberly said...

your LO's are amazing... so glad to find your page on this blog hop... i will be stopping by again - have a great day!!

MichR said...

love this blog hope I am finding so many inspirational sites that I will be a regulare visitor of from now on..

Sandydee said...

Wow! Robin, these are simply amazing. Love the alpha (thanks for sharing how you did this).

Sandy Duley

Scrap by Rô said...

Gorgeous Los, Robin. Thanks for inspiring and the tips, too!
Hugs
Rosana

Mona E said...

Gorgeous work! Love the colours. The top LO is my favourite. The babies are just totally adorable. And such a beautiful design. Love it. Hugs...Mona

Fran Brunke said...

Elegant creations, as ever. So much depth in the details and textures. I love the blending of the Wild Spirit and Bo Bunny elements in the Cowgirl layout.

Crafty_Lady said...

Beautiful use of Bo Bunny papers.

Leanne4Ever said...

I am so in LOVE with you work! Absolutely amazing!

Lorena said...

Thanks for the chance to win! I've been a fan of your work for a while Robin!

I've been a member of the Scrap That Community for a while. Please take a moment to look at my gallery and my blog.

www.scrapingcorner.blogspot.com

Lana Vassallo said...

your layouts are always beautiful!

Emmy said...

Oh my, you continue taking my breath away! These layouts are gorgeous!

Lou Collins said...

I have followed your blog for a long time anyway, and adore your work but teamed with this beautiful kit your creations are outstanding!

Linda Pekrul said...

I'm always excited to come to your blog and see what you've created. These layouts are gorgeous as usual! Love how you used the corrugated cardboard. Thank you for the tips!

Ruki said...

oh wow! stunning layouts!!!

Tamzen said...

your pictures really 'pop' in these layouts - nicely done, focussing on the most important thing - the people in the layouts!!

Nicolle Kramer said...

Beautiful work!..:)

terriK said...

wonderful

Nancy Wethington said...

Absolutely gorgeous. You have such a beautifully creative mind!