Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Scrap Room Tour




Hello everyone!  I am busy working on new projects to share with you this week.  In the meantime, I wanted to share new photos of my scrap space.  I have had many of you inquire about my workspace and how I organize my stash.  I have moved things around and purged A LOT from my stash. 

This is a long post, but it's fun!  Enjoy.



I have a cozy room in the corner of our basement which has become my sanctuary. While it doesn't have a window, I get to see great natural light from my french doors while I sit at my desk


Here's a close up of my desk.  It is from Ikea and features two sawhorse supports which provide extra storage space.



Here is a close up of the sheer storage boxes from The Container Store.  You have to assemble them, but they are quick and easy to put together.



This is my corner desk, also from Ikea which houses my computer and extra accessories.  The boxes on top of the unit contains all of my flowers arranged by color. 



These binders, made by Anna Griffin,  hold my acrylic stamps.  I ordered them from HSN and I absolutely love them!  I really need to order more because I have run out of space in my binders. 


The most popular question people ask me is "where do you store all of the layouts you make that are dimensional?"  I have several shadow box frames as well as these frames from Creative Memories.  I switch the photos in these three frames once a month.  I enjoy looking at the photos and can't bare to tuck them away in the dark pages of an album just yet.



Here is an updated space that I have never shared.  I have an alcove in my room which is perfect to tuck away storage cubes and cabinets.  Eventually, I want to have custom cabinetry done, but I have to get my daughter out of college before I even begin to think about that! lol. 

I love these storage cubes.   I purchased them from my local Michaels and AC Moore Craft Stores. They always have them on sale for 40%-50% off which makes them affordable. I have slowly built my wall system by catching these sales over the last year.

I have drawers for all types of embellishments and tools such as:
Webster's Pages, Tim Holtz, Melissa Frances, Vintage Trinkets, Painting Supplies, Alphabets, Tools, Card Making Supplies, Tattered Angels, Ribbon, Bling, Adhesive, Inks and Flower Punches to name a few.


Here is a look at one of my ribbon drawers.  I have set aside four but this is the only one ready for viewing! lol.  I am making ribbon cards so I can continue to organize by color.  I  used to store them in several jars and drawers which made it hard to remember what I had in my ribbon stash.



Here is my drawer of alcohol inks, embossing powders and smooch sprays.  I really like the dividers which make it even easier to find what I need.



Here's a peek inside my Tim Holtz drawer.  I just love his ornate plates!



I am also asked where I keep my completed cards.  I found these great card keepers at my local Michaels craft store.  I have also seen them at The Container Store.  I currently have two in my stash.



I am now starting to give the cards I make to the special people in my life so my stash is slowly dwindling.   Time to make more cards! lol.



I love this wall unit and can't believe it is filled up!  I house all of my Stickles, Making Memories paints and Smooch Inks here.


These books were invaluable when I first began crafting in 2008.  I also have oodles of magazines which are housed on another shelving unit.


Many of you ask about my Pearl Pens.   Here they are! lol.   I love, love, love them!  They are by Viva Decor and they are one of my favorite enhancement tools.



I  have four of these awesome storage boxes for my Cricut cartridges.   I purchased them from Custom Crops.  I don't use my machine as much as I would like, but I plan to start!



This cute storage drawer cart is from the Home Decorators Collection.  It holds all of my wooden stamps.  The smaller cart beside it is from The Container Store and holds my Spellbinder dies, embossing folders and project items.



Here's an inside peek of a couple of the drawers opened.

Well, I hope you have enjoyed this little tour of my little piece of paradise. 

Thanks for joining me today. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions by clicking the "Contact" link at the top of the page.




33 comments:

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Gorgeous with a capital "G". Now this is a scraproom. I'd never leave. Beautiful layout of the room too. Love those frames that you used for your layouts. Must get some. :)

Sandi Smith said...

wow Robin....that is one amazing scrap space! I think I would just like to have it to look at because it is much to beautiful to mess up! I love being able to see where others create!

Fran Brunke said...

I am totally inspired by the pics of your scrap space. Makes me happy just to look at it and know this is where your beautiful creations come from! (And note to myself: must Tidy and Vacuum soon!)

Crystal Thomas said...

The room updates look wonderful

faithnme said...

AAAAA-Mazinggg.. and I don't really know you personally. But it just looks like you Robin, Your style is soo classy and that is the feel that you get when you see it.. I love it

Hugs

teri said...

Lovely furniture and supplies. It's a great feeling when it's all organized, isn't it?

Melissa* said...

WOW!!!Gorgeous! Your scraproom looks like a high-end boutique.

Jolaine Frias said...

Ahhhh! What a heavenly place to create! Robin, you are such a lucky girl and your stash is divine! Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Jeni O'Connor said...

OMG Robin you have totally inspired me to do a big purge/cleanup too. This is such a stunningly berautiful space to create in. No wonder you create such masterpieces.
Congrats on Scrap That dt too. You'll be a fab team member.

Kelly R said...

WOW! What a room. It looks like a showroom at a store. No wonder all our work looks so great. You have a great space that inspires great work. Thanks for sharing this.

Sarah-R said...

Wow, wow, wow - I am SO jealous of your scraproom! What a gorgeous, organized space! Lucky You!

Shona said...

holy this is just unreal ...so lucky to have an amazing space like this to create in wow

KateB said...

awesome... I small a road trip! I hope to purge and re-do my space in maybe October...

Vicky Alberto said...

Beautifully organized and elegant - exactly what I would have envisioned from you based on your designs - love it!!!

Nancy Wethington said...

This belongs in a magazine. Robin, this is beautiful and so very organized!

Kathy Sheely said...

Thank you for sharing your STUNNING space Robin!! You have the classiest creations and your getaway space reflects who you are....a class act!

Beth said...

This is one of the best rooms I have ever seen, very inspiring. TFS.

Lori said...

Robyn, your space is exquisite! If this is what your scrap space looks like I can only imagine that the rest of your house is immaculate too! What a beautiful organized space to create in. Now can you come do mine? ~ L xo

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Ya, I was thinking of sharing pic's of my scrap space for an upcoming designer spotlight, but nope! not after seeing this! OMG! this is an amazing scrap space Robyn! Nope, cant show mine after seeing this LOL! xx

Tammy G. said...

I am a HATER!!!! LOL Wonderful space!!! Still Hatin' though!!

Tammy G

Anonymous said...

Everything is in it's rightful place....A for Awesome organization!

Papercrafting Princess said...

Everything is in it's rightful place. A=Awesome Organization

ScrapGirlfriend said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I have the same tall drawer unit from Ikea (the one that you use for your stamps. How do you catalog, organize, or otherwise know which stamps you have and where? Wood mounted stamps seem to take up so much valuable space, but I still can't part with mine yet. Thanks!!!

GirlGeek101 said...

This is the most beautiful, and space conscious room! I just love how neat and organized it looks even though you have everything needed for inspiring your creations!

Charlotte said...

just awesome. So much inspiration. Thank you so much.

Lisa Rivas said...

This is by far the most beautiful scrap room "studio" I have ever seen! So perfect :-)

JoAnn P said...

Linked in from http://craftstorageideas.com/craft-room-designs-by-robin/.

I'm drooling over your room.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful room!

Neno's Pics said...

This is great! I wish I lived next door to you.

Julia Schaffner said...

Robin, your scrapbook room is absolutely beautiful and so well organized!! You did an amazing job! :)

I've been scrapbooking for a while, mainly at retreats with my friends and occasionally at home. However, my husband has finally agreed to allow me to use one of the guest rooms as a craft room (yippee!)......I'm so excited!

I've been browsing Pinterest to get ideas of how to start organizing the room (I never realized how many unique ways there were to plan out your space, kind of overwhelming, but in a good way). When I came across your pin, not only was your room fabulous, but you have some incredible storage ideas! I wanted to ask where you purchased the unit that holds all your paper (the one in the first picture at the top)? It's perfect! I love how much there is and how the paper is stored at a slant :)

Thank you so much for your inspiration! I can't wait to get started! :)

Anonymous said...

Love,love,love your room. It is so organized and attractive too. TFS

Dahlia Gonzalez said...

One of the best scrap rooms I have ever seen. So fresh and fancy looking. You did a superb job.

Sandra Sue said...

Oops left a comment in the wrong space but your layouts are amazing too! What a beautiful and organized space! I'd LOVE to have your space! What a great escape! :-)