Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Friday, July 8, 2011

Verve Stamps Spotlight Day 3!- Scrapbooking with Verve!



THANK YOU VERVE!!!

I would like to thank each and every one of you for the sweet comments you have left for me this week.  You all have made me feel right at home and I will never forget it!  The Divas have been amazing and so very sweet.  Last, but not least is Julee, owner extraordinaire of Verve stamps!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  It has been a true honor working with all of you.

Welcome to the third and final day of our sneaky Verve spotlight! We have been counting down to Verve's release party tonight.  Today, you will have another chance to win a big PRIZE hidden on one of today's hop spots!  Just leave a little shout-out in the comments as you hop around for a chance to win the entire July release! You can check out the Verve Blog for all the prize details and deadlines.


Light Tomorrow




Today, I decided to create a 12 x 12 scrapbook layout featuring the Small Phrases and Plain Janes stamp sets.  The oval frame was stamped using “love always” from the Verve Small Phrases stamp set.  For added interest I placed a gem between each phrase.  I did not give this layout a traditional title, instead I used my “Light Tomorrow with Today” Plain Janes stamp.  It is just the perfect touch for this elegant layout style. 



Here is a close up of the oval frame that I stamped using Small Phrases. 



Title of Project:  Light Tomorrow
Stamps:  Light Tomorrow with Today (Plain Janes); Small Phrases; Bloom and Grow
Paper:  Melissa Frances; Cardstock (Bazzill)
Ink:  Rich Cocoa (Memento); Powder (American Crafts)
Verve Die:  Elegant Leaves
Accessories:  Resin Flowers (K & Company); Pom Pom Trim (Melissa Frances); Punch (Martha Stewart Crafts); Photo (Timeless Photography)

 
Life is Good


I really wanted to show how easily Verve stamps can be used on a 12 x 12 layout.  I stamped and detail cut tiny flowers from the New Mercies set and placed them on my branches. 


Under my photo I used “my heart is yours” from Small Phrases.  I thought this sentiment was the sweetest compliment for my photo. 


To finish my design, I used “Life is Good” from the Plain Janes collection to create my title.  I also adorned my hanging sign with more of the detail cut flowers.


Patterned Paper:  Melissa Frances
Verve Stamp Sets:  Plain Janes “Life is Good”; Small Phrases; New Mercies
Ink:  Memento – Rich Cocoa, Distress Ink – Vintage Photo
Resin Embellishments:  Melissa Frances
Flowers:  Prima
Die Cuts:  Cricut; Tim Holtz



1. Amber7. Laurie
2. Amy8. Robin {Me}
3. Andrea9. Sankari
4. Charmaine10. Teresa
5. Jackie11. Tosh
6. Julee

Next up is the wonderfully talented Sankari!  



Clear your calendars, make yourself a lemonade and come join the fun tonight on the Verve SCS thread by clicking here!!!


9PM Eastern, 8PM Central, 7PM Mountain, 6PM Pacific, 3PM Hawaii
World Clock link for other locations

See you there!

67 comments:

Shauna K said...

such beautiful layouts!! i love how you used all the layers, so pretty!

Carol<>< said...

oh my goodness!! these sb pages are beautiful!
thanks for sharing,
Carol N<><

jennifer mitten said...

OMG!! These are the most beautiful layouts - your talent is amazing!

joannhw said...

Wow!! Your layouts are amazing!! Love how you used the sentiments!

Luanne said...

These actually made me tear up! They are SO precious and beautiful! You certainly are a Diva girl with these amazing creations! I've really enjoyed seeing your works of art! Enjoy tonight!

Tricia said...

Oh, are these layouts beautiful! Thank you for sharing!!

Colleen G said...

This is such a beautiful LO... Such a beautful picture and the colors are perfect together! UR second page is just precious! TFS!

Sherry Kushibab said...

Beautiful pages - love how you have laid them out and used so many of the sentiments. Awesome.

riggy said...

These pages are just beautiful. WOW!

Marsha said...

Such BEAUTIFUL pages.

Nicole said...

You stole my heart with these layouts (especially the content of the second one). Beautiful way to use your Verve. And how cool is that frame with the repeated sentiment. Wonderful job as guest designer!! Thank you for the inspiration.

Holly M said...

What beautiful pages and designs! Love how you cut out the flowers and I think that's the perfect little phrase to showcase with your picture. Lovely.

Tanya said...

OMG, these are awesome girl! Your use of the stamps on your pages is just amazing! Beautiful layouts, love the papers and I love how you used the sentiment on the circular frame in the first with the rhinestones, gorgeous!

Michele said...

Stunning Layouts ~ so beautiful, so elegant and such a perfect way to highlight these gorgeous new stamps! I am amazed ~ Really nice work!

Becky Carafa said...

Oh my, these are soooo elegant and beautiful!

Sian Ridley said...

Oh my goodness, that first layout is absolutely gorgeous, it's almost breathtaking! It has to be said, with all the talent on all the blogs it's difficult to stop someone in their tracks and get them to take a second look - mission accomplished! Beautiful, thank you :)

Ravengirl said...

How sweet are both of these layouts! Thank you for sharing your amazing talent with us!

Davi said...

WOWZER are those gorgeous LOs your created~~ Lots of beautiful elements to show of the photos:)

Julia said...

How nice to see Verve stamps on a scrapbook layout. The first layout is simply stunning. Love the circular frame stamped with the "love always"....Thanks so much for showing us your fabulous talent.

faithfulecreations.com said...

WOW Robin. Your layouts are SO beautiful. I'm glad you chose to do layouts. I've been telling all the friends I've gotten hooked on Verve that these stamps work great for cards and pages of any size and you've just proven that beautifully!

Stephanie said...

Robin......How clever of you to use the little sentiments in a frame!! It's absolutely brilliant! Love it and your layout. Very pretty!

Connie W. said...

Beautiful work and oh so inspiring!

Judy M. said...

Very elegant and beautiful layouts. Great use of accessories.

Kathy said...

What absolutely gorgeous layouts you've made! I love this month's release so much. Small Phrases are so perfect! And the Plain Jane stamps are always a fav of mine! Beautiful work:) I'd love to win this whole release!!

Lisa said...

Absolutely stunning!!! Love how soft and light these feel. Beautiful job.

Lisa M. said...

incredible! Robin you outdid yourself on these! As a NON scrapbook person I always admire how amazing layouts like this look! FAbulous! I really love how you did the love always frame! So perfect!

Georgee said...

What beautiful precious layout! Fantastic job.

Lin said...

What gorgeous pages you made! I'm not a scrapbooker, but I sure would like to learn how to do something like these! Absolutely amazing - thank you!

Dottie said...

A very touching card. It is very lovely and the colors together add to the whole thing in a very elegant way.

Niki Estes said...

Gorgeous layouts! I love how you used the little sentiments on the circle frame. I'll be surprised if Verve doesn't snap you up as a permanent designer! Beautiful samples this month!

Laraine R said...

Beautiful layouts!! So elegant!!

Sherry said...

Your scrapbook pages are so cool they speak of elegance and family thanks for sharing

Playing with Paper said...

Wow.......those are just lovely!!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful and special layouts! ;)

Tessa said...

Incredible layouts WOW!

Magirk said...

Gorgeous layouts! And photos. ;-) That photo of the older couple made me cry. I'm sitting here crying! ;-) So sweet. Thanks for the lovely inspiration.

Jennipher Lowery said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous scrapbook pages. Love all the wonderful details.

lifesabeautifulmess said...

i absolutely love your page layouts. I always have such a hard time with stamps on a layout. These are great examples.

Darla said...

Simply gorgeous layouts!!

Amy Sheffer said...

WOW!! I love how you've incorporated the stamps into your layouts, Robin! The "love always" frame is so creative! And the "life is good" works beautifully as a title! Fabulous pictures on both pages, too!

Lillian Child said...

Your projects this week have been so delightful! So very nice to meet you!

Denisse said...

WOW! i am blown away by your creative mind. These pages are GORGEOUS!

jjocarlson said...

Wow what beautiful layouts! Thank you for sharing!

Fran Brunke said...

So creative to encircle with the small phrase on your beautiful layout - gorgeous.

Dori said...

Seriously?!! Can you be any more talented and amazing!! Unbelievable, gorgeous creations! Just simply breath-taking!

Lori said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous scrapbook layouts! Wow...my mouth is still hung open! Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

Such beautiful pages. I love the "Life is Good" hanging on the sign and all the extra flowers. The bridal page is beyond gorgeous - love it so much - soft and feminine.

terriloo said...

Your work is INCREDIBLE! And I am in the middle of creating a wedding scrapboook for my niece--and I now have a PERFECT inspiration page for it! The repetitive use of the stamp around the frame is something I had not thought of doing, esp. with the little gems. SO amazing!

Amy Beth said...

Beautiful layouts!

Carol said...

Oh, my! Those layouts are so gorgeous! I adore the color scheme and all the details!


Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

KanataNewf said...

oh my GOODNESS! Absolutely stunning layouts.

Melissa said...

If I scrapbooked, I'd want to scrapbook just like you! These layouts are STUNNING - and the sentiments all around the circle to frame it is perfect!

Melissa said...

perfectly done!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Two absolutely stunning layouts!! Love you framed that beautiful photo, and the small phrase around the circle!! And your second is just so lovely and charming!!

Karen Linarez said...

I love both pages. The design papers, oval frame of the first, layouts, and all the extra touches are fabulous.

Queen Mary said...

Robin, you have completely outdone everything! I am a scrapbooker who took up card making so I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how you've used these stamps! Now, if I could just get my parents to walk away like your photo I'd be all set! Heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheee

Yvonne said...

Beautiful pages!

craftymom205 said...

Love the layouts.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Makalah said...

Oh my goodness! "Words cannot express" how beautiful these layouts are! I'll likely be making a scrapbook for my sister's wedding next May, and will definitely bookmark these for inspiration! LOVE THEM!

Peggy said...

Beautiful layouts and great sentiments.
God bless,
Peggy Allen

Sandra said...

Beautiful work!
Sandra ltb

Pam said...

Outstanding!

Helen said...

So many great ideas! Wonderful use of those lovely phrases.

Barbara said...

Hi Robin, Your scrapbook pages are truly works of art! So inspiring!!! How lucky you are to be a guest designer for Verve stamps. I adore the sentiment set and am crossing my fingers :) Thanks for sharing your art with us. Hugs.

Is this your daughter in the blog heading? She is a beautiful little girl. I also love the picture of What a cleverly designed page.

Françoise said...

Magnifique. Une superbe photo et une toute aussi belle mise en page ! ! !

Acceptez vous de m'inscrire sur votre liste de parution afin que je reçoive automatiquement les prochains posts ? Je m'en réjouis d'avance .

Mille merci.

Françoise

Janelle said...

I browsed through all of your fantastic projects (on the Verve Gallery)from your Verve Guest Diva-ness this month. WOW! Your style is so fresh and expressive. Love it.

Sandra Sue said...

What a beautiful and organized space!! I would LOVE to have your craft area! It looks like a sanctuary from the world :-)