Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Friday, August 12, 2011

Graphic 45 & Want 2 Scrap Blog Hop Day 5!



Welcome everyone!             

I am so excited to be hopping along with the amazing Want 2Scrap team.  I hope you have enjoyed the wonderful projects and inspiration provided by all of the artists this week.    
  
Today's featured blogs are:

Friday, August 12th:
Karen Taylor W2S
Lori Craig W2S
Lynette Carroll G45
Robin Shakoor G45    That's Me!


PRIZES 

Graphic 45 and Want 2 Scrap will both be giving out two prizes.  Graphic 45 will give out two prize packages valued over $25, one on our blog and one on our Facebook page.  Want2Scrap will give out two $25 gift certificates, one on their blog and one on their Facebook page.  Winners will be chosen randomly from the comments received on one of our blogs and the Facebook prize winner will also be chosen at random from the comments received on the site.

I used the beautiful "An ABC Primer” collection from Graphic 45 to create this nostaligic layout.  Want2 Scrap has an amazing assortment of chipboard and gem embellishments and I used both to add the perfect touch to my layout. 


I applied Vintage Photo crackle paint to each of my Want2Scrap chipboard flourishes.  Once dry, I inked with Fired Brick Distress Ink.  I wiped off the excess ink, then glued my Want2Scrap gems to the center of my flourishes.


I love this image from the patterned paper collection and decided to create a custom embellishment.  I cut the image, inked the edges and mounted the embellishment to my layout using foam squares.


I love my Spellbinders dies and just had to use them to frame the letters of my title.  The "Building Blocks" sheet from the  "An ABC Primer' collection contains beautifully blocked alphas which are perfect for creating titles.  To finish my layout, I added more beautiful Want2Scrap gems between each letter.


Patterned Paper:  An ABC Primer
Pearls:  Want 2 Scrap
Chipboard:  Want 2 Scrap
Ink/Pain:  Distress ink – Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain; Making Memories acrylic paint
Dies:  Spellbinders – Scalloped Squares
Punch:  Martha Stewart Crafts
Photo:  H. Armstrong Roberts

If you missed any of the fabulous blogs this week, here is the complete schedule:

Monday, August 8th:

Tuesday, August 9th:
Dana Gustafson W2S
Mimi Leinbach W2S
Nicole Eccles G45
Jane Tregenza G45

Wednesday, August 10th:
Heidi Blankenship W2S
Jack & Cat Curio G45
Sherry Cheever G45
Yuka Hino G45

Thursday, August 11th:
Terre Fry W2S
Gloria Stengel G45
Nancy Wethington G45
Melanie Forbes G45

Friday, August 12th:
Karen Taylor W2S
Lori Craig W2S
Lynette Carroll G45
Robin Shakoor G45  That's Me!

Thank you for joining our teams on this fantastic blog hop. 




65 comments:

Sherrie Suttles said...

Love the layout and all the little touches (crystals, crackling, cutouts and decorative edges) that really make the layout stand out. Great job!

Lizscraps said...

I LOVE this LO's feel and the photo is fantastic (I hope that is you and your mom because it's a beautiful photo) -- I think what like most is the overall brick red color which made it feel like I was looking at an aged item. Lovely

Tolegranny said...

Great layout. I love your blog. It's my first time here and I love what I've seen.

Monique Barr said...

A really great layout. 2 cute great job

genagirl said...

When I saw this line I thought I wouldn't use it - I don't have kids- but this would be great for some of my old school photos and some of my sister! I feel rather inspired now. thank you!

Louise said...

Love this line of paper! You did a beautiful projeçt with it? And I love those Want2scrap blings... I have to find out where to buy them!

chavi cohen said...

Love, love, love it! Stunning layout! Love the colors and all small things that makes it beautifull!

Romy said...

Wow, this is so stunning! You do the vintage style so well!

Ratty Hugs said...

I adore this page, it is perfect. I do hope that is a family photo image, it is so sweet.
~C8>

Pretty Patti's Papers said...

Thanks for sharing your creation. This blog hop has been so much fun!
You all are amazing!

Nancy said...

I love your page! The layout is beautiful and so is the picture. Love what you did with the swirls and how you placed them. I've been following your blog for a while!

bethann said...

this is so lovely, that chipboard accent adds so much

slotr04-scrapjazz said...

GREAT LO!!! the papers fit the photo perfectly!!!

Jack and Cat Curio said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! What a PERFECT PHOTO!! It is fun to see that someone thought this would be a great photo to have back then!! (not that it is that long ago, but most pictures where sit and pose types!)
THANKS for sharing your details I LOVE the Vintage crackle medium!! AWESOME JOB!!
Have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Caroline said...

Wonderful layout!! Love all the details and that the elements dont overpower that cute picture!!

Shabby Pati said...

Fantastic layout. Love that graphic 45 paper!

Gloria Stengel said...

You always have the most amazing photos to use on your pages! This is another wonderful example of your fantastic work! Love everything about it!!!!

Lynette Carroll said...

Robin this is beautiful as always. Love the photo - such a wonderful memory to have.

Christa Uttley said...

Wow Oh Wow! I saw this layout and thought : This lady is CRAZY talented. What a gorgeous picture and a great design. Thanks for sharing!

sleigh said...

Fabulous layout... thanks for sharing with us on the last day of the hop, It's been FUN!!!

Diana said...

Yes, it has been a very fun blog hop this week. Thank you do much for sharing your talents with us.

Regina aka Mrs. Ham said...

This is such a wonderful LO. I love how those papers work so well with that photo.

Anny90 said...

Very beautiful!

snowbear said...

Very nice layout.. love the crackle paint...

Fran Brunke said...

This is so beautiful - it expresses so much about reading to our children and why that's important. Plus it's a lovely inheritance and keepsake. Loving the photograph, of course, and the vintage photo/fired brick combo -wow.

Noreen said...

A wonderful layout - and the colors are beautiful!

Chris Dring said...

What an absolutely stunning layout!

Vail said...

Love you layout, great use of the papers.

Robin said...

Beautiful layout - I love the way you used this paper. It's delightful!

T said...

nice job and have a great weekend

Janet L. said...

Love your sweet layout. I particularily liked thecolors and the little blings between each letter of READ.

jjocarlson said...

Wow what a fabulous layout thank you for sharing your creation.

Hugs
Joyce
jjocarlson@yahoo.com

madoke said...

Your layout is just great, thank you for sharing it.

Georgee said...

What a beautiful, beautiful, touching layout. Wow, it is so professionally finished and just beautiful! What could be more beautiful or touching than a mother reading lovingly to her child!

crazyoldsyd said...

this is so awesome, so glad you have all those wonderful pictures. This is precious! Thanks for sharing your memories, and they always look so cool on G45paper. Thanks
.

Shona said...

I love that ABC primer paper. It's my new fav, so it's fun to see what designers are doing with it.This is a lovely LO.

Nancy D. said...

Love your layout & the photo you used...your work is great!

M. Swisher said...

This is lovely. I like the photo.

Luv 2 Create said...

Love the paper used on this layout. Beautiful picture and I love the crackle finish and colors.
Marcie

Marge said...

What a darling LO -- LOVE these papers!!!

Mona E said...

WOOOOOWWWW!!! I truly looove this LO. The design fits the papers perfectly. This looks like an old poster from the 40`s - 50`s. and the pic looks really beautiful pared with these papers. Love the colours too. Everything has a great balance to it. Fantastic job, Robin! Hugs...Mona

Tanya said...

Wow, this is stunning! I love these papers, I'm thinking they would be fantastic for my genealogy album for the school photos that I have, love it!

Christina V. said...

This is perfect! I love all the colours and the embellishments! Your title is perfectly put! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Nicolle74 said...

Gorgeous LO! Love all the details! An awesome photo as well! TFS..:)

dlwidder said...

Oh my gorgeousness! Fabulous layout! I love the ABC Primer line and you really showcased the beautifully! TFS!

Elin said...

Perfect combination with the photo and paper :)

Anonymous said...

Your layout is amazing! Love the photo! Thanks for a great tutorial on painting the chipboard pieces, and the well-placed bling is a perfect touch.

This blog hop has been one of the best ever!

JamieH

sharon g said...

Ok, I love everything about this. It looks like the mom is Claire Huxtuble, don't you think? I love the colors, the papers you chose, everything.

Judy Wood said...

Nice layering! Fun colors! Thanks for sharing!

Peggy said...

Adorable layout. Love the page.
God bless,
Peggy Allen

Deb said...

What a beautiful way to document the reading achievement of a child!

Cindy Gay said...

I love the layout and the technique on the chipboard embellishments. I'm wondering who is in the photo!

Tambo said...

Oh I love this project! I haven't been able to buy this paper yet. I am hoping to make something special for my daughter out of it. She is a 4th grade teacher. This is a fabulous job you did. Tfs Tami
Tambo's Creations

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

your work is stunning and I am totally amazed at how you did this. I love your blog.

McStamper said...

What a sweet project. Love the little girl on the books and the way you did the letters. One of my favorite items on the hop.

Catherine Lie said...

OH SO LOVELY PROJECT. I love the color and the details you make and they have made your card look really stunning without trying to hard. GOOD JOB!

Tami B. said...

This is one of my favorite projects of the entire hop & they were all really nice!

Crafty_Lady said...

Beautiful, love the vintage feel.

Carol said...

Ohhh! I love, is beautiful.
Many kisses from the island of Menorca, Spain

TYJ419 said...

You did such a fantastic job. The layout is beau-ti-ful!

Margie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love all of the attention to detail!!

Kelly Massman said...

LOVE! reading is awesome!!!

Kristina M. Anderson said...

Cute layout. I love these new papers. Thank you!

bozena said...

I love the layout and the technique on the chipboard embellishments. The colors and the papers you chose are perfect!