Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Friday, August 26, 2011

Scrap That! September Kit Reveal "Birdsong"



Welcome to the Scrap That! September Kit reveal blog hop.  The blog hop will begin at 10:00 am MST (Noon EST).

To say that this month's kit is the most beautiful of the year is an understatement.  The soft beautiful tones and images from Pion Designs makes for the perfect background for my projects.   If you have just arrived here from Pion Design’s site you are in the correct place! If not, head back to the Scrap That! blog for the blog hop order and links.

Today I’m going to share with you my project using the Scrap That! Exclusive Pion Design “Birdsong” Kit.  

I am a vintage girl at heart so my first layout takes full advantage of the vintage influences from the kit.  I used the main kit which included liquid pearls, Prima flowers and delicate doilies from My Little Yellow Bicycle.


There are several sheets in the Pion collection that have elements which can be cut out to create custom embellishments.

VIDEO

Here is a brief video tutorial showing the steps I took to create my "Lovely" layout using the main kit.



Supplies:  Scrap That! Main Kit; Dies - Sizzix, Fiesta Alpha (Quickutz); Ink - Frayed Burlap Distress Ink (Ranger); Photo - Dreamstime

"BEAUTY"


My second layout features a beautiful photo of my coworkers daughter.  She wanted me to create a layout of her one and only.  I used the main kit as well as the embellishment kit to create this layout.  The Prima branch is one of my favorite flowers of the year.  The soft elegant blossoms are the perfect touch for my page. 



The large white flowers are also included in the embellishment add on.  I inked my flowers with Distress Ink to create a soft ivory color.  The beautiful ribbon that runs across the page was cut from the patterned paper included in the kit.  I softly inked the edges with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink to make the ribbon edges more pronounced.

Supplies:  Scrap That! Main and Embellishment Kits; Ink -Frayed Burlap Distress Ink (Ranger)


"YOU"


This last layout was created using the main and embellishment kits.  The chipboard letters included in the main kit were painted with ivory acrylic paint to coordinate with my page.  I used a stencil from The Crafter's Workshop to create the die cut paper.  The stencil also includes a stitching template which I used with a white pen to create faux stitching.



The flourish is a stamp from LaBlanche stamps.  I stamped the image on LaBlanche's stamping paper, inked with Old Paper Distress Ink, then trimmed to create this one of a kind custom embellishment. 

Supplies:  Scrap That! Main and Embellishment Kits; Stamp - LaBlanche;  Ink - Ocean Breeze Chalk Ink (Colorbox), Memento - Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Paint - Manila (Making Memories); Stencil - The Crafter's Workshop; Decorative Scissors - Scalloped Scissors (Fiskars)

Before you hop along to Shona's blog you will want my SECRET WORD, which is "A."

**Remember, that there are FOUR prizes to win, and FOUR ways for you to enter.
1) First of all, you will need to visit all TWELVE blogs :) **This is important** Each blog will have a special word. As you hop be sure and write down the special word from each blog. Once you have all the special words they will make a sentence. You will need to email the SECRET SENTENCE to friends@scrapthat.ca. All correct sentences received will be entered in a draw to win the Dusty Attic Prize Pack. (Please note: Dusty Attic does not have a blog but just follow the link leave a comment on the forum thread in their community.)
2) Everyone who emails us with the correct secret sentence will be sent a short marketing survey. Once you have completed the survey you will be entered to win a Scrap That! Exclusive Pion Design “Birdsong” Kit.
3) If you want to enter to win the Grand Prize of a Pion Design Prize Pack, then head over to our COMMUNITY for details on our monthly challenge. The challenge will run from August 26th to September 14th so you have LOTS of time to post your creations. You can enter as many times as you like. You do not need to be a subscriber to participate. The more entries, the more chances you have to win!
4) Finally, if you post our blinkie on your blog you will be entered to win a Scrap That! Gift Certificate - super easy right? Just post a link to your blog in the comments the Scrap That! Blog so we can come visit :).

Here is the blog hop order just in case you have just joined in:

Robin - http://robinshakoor.blogspot.com (You are here!)

We hope you all had good fun hopping with us today, thank you so much for playing along! Watch the Scrap That! newsletter on September 22nd to see if you are one of the lucky winners!

37 comments:

Shona said...

oh wow your co worker is going to love those layouts.....gorgeous work!!! Your details are just amazing :)

Vicky Alberto said...

I can't pick a fave, LOL

Lisa said...

Absolutely stunning as always! Wow!

Lori said...

Robin - your work always has a "special something" that makes it stand out. You are incredibly talented and have such an eye for balance, composition and detail. We are thrilled to have you on our creative team :)

Lori xo

Pendra said...

GORGEOUS as always... love your "Vintage" style, this kit was made for you! TFS!
Off to Hop!

Anna C said...

Your layouts are very beautiful!

aaveiro said...

I love your layouts!

Coco Martha and Mimi Boutique said...

Beautiful Job!! TFS

Scrapthat said...

Oh so pretty!! TFS

Astrid Maclean said...

Your LOs are out of this world, my favourites so far. All of the photos are just beautiful too!

Romy said...

Oh wow, each one of your layouts is gorgeous! They have such a beautiful magical and shabby chic feel to them.

Sarah-R said...

omgosh-Robin these are absolutely stunning!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Robin, your work is always a treat to the eyes, and these are no exception! You rocked this kit hon! I love the soft pink misting you gave your pages! so pretty!

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Robin, thanks for sharing your work! You never disappoint! Beautiful pages! =)

Linda said...

Your layouts are so inspiring I cant wait to get my hands of this gorgeous stuff!

lynn79 said...

You have an eye for photography and I love the extra detail you've put in. Wonderful work.

Tina said...

Elegant and so very gorgeous work!!

scrappin_in_AK said...

beautiful pages

Scrappinraiderfan said...

Your first layout is amazing!!! So very beautiful!

Cindy Gay said...

All layouts are lovely and match the portraits of your coworker's daughter.

EFI said...

OMG! Robin your creations are gorgeous, soooo lovely and each detail is perfect!!!! Thank you so much for the inspiration!!! Hugs from Greece

Nancy Wethington said...

Robin, all of the layouts are really beautiful!

Charlotte said...

Wau, you really make som beatiful stuff. Love your style.

Rusticdiva said...

Robin your layouts are stunning thank you for sharing ...lots and lots of inspiration gained here.

Fran Brunke said...

Love your vintage style! And I suspect your co-worker is going to be thrilled with the l/o's of her daughter. Beautiful.

Linapyssel said...

It is so inspiering to hop about all this talant...your work is wounderful and I love what you created with the kit!
Happy crafting
Hugs Lina

Mumsie said...

Beautiful layouts. This kit is just amazing!

Ivana Camdzic said...

Amazing!!! Robin - I love ALL of your creations - but the soft Pion papers + your stunning artwork = PURE GORGEOUSNESS!!!!!

Eline said...

Beautiful layouts!!

sonyaeverding said...

beautiful stuff, thx so much for sharing.

Lorena said...

Robin you always amaze me - love your work.

thanks for the chance to win

Lorena
www.scrapingcorner.blogspot.com

Lorena said...

Robin you always amaze me - love your work.

thanks for the chance to win

Lorena
www.scrapingcorner.blogspot.com

KarenC Inspired said...

Beautiful! Fabulous! Can I say more? The liquid pearls, paper cut outs, flowers were all detailed and made such a great LO.
Thanks for sharing.
I'm joining your blog, hope you'll join mine @ krcmasterpiece.blogspot.com

I look forward to visiting you again & checking out your whole website.

Helga Payawal-Vergara said...

I love the vintage feel of the kit and your layouts!

Crystal Thomas said...

As always you did a beautiful job and the layouts are stunning

Jolaine Frias said...

These are all so very beautiful!!!!!

Lucky Charms said...

I think your co-worker will be blown away when she sees the layouts of her daughter. Beautiful work :)