Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Friday, October 28, 2011

November Scrap That! Reveal Blog Hop



Welcome everyone!

Scrap That! has a beautiful kit for you for the month of November.  "Putting on the Glitz" features gorgeous papers from Glitz Designs and My Mind's Eye.

We have a secret sentence this month so while you are hopping, you will want to be looking for the “special” word on each blog. Once you have visited all the blogs and collected all the special words, they will create a special sentence. Email the sentence to friends@scrapthat.ca to be entered into a drawing for a Dusty Attic Prize pack.

If you have just arrived here from Lisa’s blog you are in the correct place! If you are just stopping by I invite you to join us by starting at the Scrap That! blog by clicking on the link below.

Scrap That! - http://scrapthatchat.blogspot.com
Dusty Attic - http://dustyattic.ning.com
Glitz Design - http://glitzitnow.blogspot.com
Karen- http://agirlsscrapobsession.blogspot.com
Lisa - http://kaye2222.blogspot.com
Robin - http://robinshakoor.blogspot.com (You are here!)
Shona - http://suchawonderfulmess.blogspot.com
Vicky - http://simplypaperandcreativity.blogspot.com

Today I’m going to share with you three layouts created using the Scrap That! November “Putting on the Glitz” Kit featuring the Glitz Designs Vintage Blue Paper Collection.  

Let's get started!


The Sketch


Working with sketches can provide you with a terrific starting point for your layout.  I designed the sketch this month to allow you to add multiple elements. 

This first layout, using the main kit, shows a simpler design without extra flourishes.  I used a circle to connect the embellishments in the upper and lower corners of my page.




In this next layout, which is another take on the sketch with added flourishes and flowers. 


Be on the lookout for a complete video tutorial on this layout the third week of November on the Scrap That! blog.

The Layouts

I love this engagement photo featuring my cousin and her new husband.  I loved the Glitz Designs Paper Layers and thought the "Live Laugh Love" sheet was perfect for this page.  I added two Dusty Attic chpboard peacock feathers for a touch of drama.  I painted the feathers gold, then used Liquid Pearls to color in the colorful details of the feathers.

I used Martha Stewart Crafts Wildflowers punch to create a pretty floral border for my page.  I cut out a square from the center of my page to create a frame. 


I created a fun paper bow to place behind my flower.  I used water to soften the paper and then I shaped it into a bow using 1" strips of paper.



I love this photo of my parents.  I have held it for quite some time just waiting for the right mix of papers, flowers and embellishments.  The papers and embellishment have both feminine and masculine touches to represent my mom and my dad.

I used the embellishment add on which contains beautiful flowers and Prima resin shutters. 


Layers, layers and more layers.  I can't seem to get enough!





Scrap That Main and Embellishment Kits
Martha Stewart Crafts:  Wildflowers and Scroll Heart Punches
Ranger:  Foam Squares; Liquid Pearls (Buttercup); Distress Ink - Broken China
Tattered Angels:  Glimmer Mist - Moonlight
Creative Memories:  Jumbo Circle Cutter
Lifestyle Crafts:  Flourish Die
Prima:  Shabby Chic Treasures - Ceiling Ornament


The Kits

November Main Kit


November Embellishment Add On

Ways to Win!

Here are some of the ways you can win fabulous prizes!

STEP 1: Visit all EIGHT blogs and leave a comment on each blog :) **This is important so we know you have been to all the blogs **. (Please note: Dusty Attic does not have a blog but just follow the link leave a comment on the forum thread in their community.) There will be a randomly drawn comment winner from each blog, and one of those lucky ladies will be selected to win a fabulous package of Prima!


STEP 2: Head over to our * facebook page, and LIKE us, and then head over to our *social community and become a MEMBER. Once you’ve done that you will be eligible to win a Scrap That! store gift certificate. All qualifying entries will also be entered into a draw for the PRIZE, of a FULL Scrap That! Paper Crafting Kit!


STEP 3: If you want to enter to win the Grand Prize of a Glitz Prize Package generously provided by the Glitz Girls, then head over to our COMMUNITY for details on our monthly challenge. The challenge will run from Oct 28th to Nov 15th so you have LOTS of time to post your creations. You can enter as many times as you like. You do not need to be a subscriber to participate. The more entries, the more chances you have to win!


STEP 4: Who doesn’t LOVE Dusty Attic? Who wouldn’t want to win some Dusty Attic?
When, while you are hopping, you will want to be looking for the “special” word on each blog. Once you have visited all the blogs and collected all the special words, they will create a sentence. Email the sentence to friends@scrapthat.ca. All correct entries will be entered into a draw for the Dusty Attic Prize Pack.  My secret word is "CUT."


STEP 5: Finally, if you post our blinkie on your blog you will be entered to win a Scrap That! Store Gift Certificate - super easy right? Just post a link to your blog on the Scrap That! Blog so we can come visit :).


We hope you all have good fun hopping with us today, thank you so much for playing along! Watch the Scrap That! newsletter on November 21st to see if you are one of the lucky winners!


Thank you for stopping by! Next, click here to be taken to Shona's blog.


35 comments:

lynn79 said...

Wow I love the borders! Lot of work you did here!

Shona said...

ooooo wow Robin...these are all so amazing. That photo of your parents is perfect with this collection. Gorgeous creations :)

Vicky Alberto said...

really striking layouts!

Kathy said...

Your layouts are beautiful!

langeatheart said...

I love your layouts there are so vibrant! Gave me a few ideas thanks for sharing!

Jolaine Frias said...

Gorgeous reveal! Your work is ever inspiring!!!!!

scrappin_in_AK said...

love the sketch - amazing projects - so many awesome details and vibrant colors

Krystle said...

I especially love the layout you made of your mom and dad -- just beautiful!

Tina said...

Such elegance and beauty in your pages!! Gorgeous work!! xo

EFI said...

Woooow Robin! Your layouts are just stunning!!! Thank you so much for the amazing inspiration! You know,that i admire and love your work!

Romy said...

Oh wow, your work with this kit is totally amazing! Such gorgeous work using this kit!

Cindy Gay said...

The layout of your parents is wonderful Robin!

Keren Tamir said...

Wow Robin your layouts are stunning!! wow

joyce said...

Hey Robin, your layers add so much depth and interest to your art. Beautiful work. Thank you for the inspiration and your lovely sketch. I'll have to give the sketch a work out.

MichR said...

Really love what you did with the kit

Lana Vassallo said...

Outstanding layouts!

Jax said...

Beautiful LOs. Love the contrast of the black and white photo and bold papers in the LO of your parents. Looking forward to the tutorial!

Scattychick said...

Love the sketch I think I will give it a go. Thank you for sharing a beautiful sketch and some gorgeous layouts

Linapyssel said...

All of your work is so breathtaking! The harmony is so evident and I have to go back and see some more!
hugs Lina

Fran Brunke said...

Magical. I love the paper bow and the rich effect of paper punching on Live,Laugh,Love. But my heart was stolen by the Dream l/o with the gorgeous b/w photo of your parents!

Sandi Smith said...

Wow Robin...love the sketch and all your beautiful creations! Your talent is amazing!

Lolô Artesanato said...

Wonderful layouts Robin
xx
Leila
leilacassimira@gmail.com

Fabi Ormerod said...

Hi Robin! Im glad to join the ZVA team too and I must say your work is wondastic!!!! OMG....loved it. cheers!

Cindie said...

Fabulous, beautiful, stunning , etc. is only a few ways to describe your layouts. Thanks for the inspirations you provide to me.

Latinacreativa said...

WOW! You're creativity is beautiful to see. Thank you for sharing these beautiful layouts! I'm a new follower.-Raquel @ Raquelsdesings.blogpsot.com

Pips said...

You are one of my absolute favorite designers - you are so talented ... and i LOVE all your works! Youve made 3 awesome layouts with so pretty details - and all your layers are amazing!

Carole anne Wright said...

Ohh I love these. I especially like all the layering and your Live Laugh Love layout. Just beautiful. And the fact all your layouts would look just as good as cards too! Lovely work.

Faye Marie said...

WOW!!! Great layouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue Lui said...

Love your layouts, Robin. The details are gorgeous. My favourite is the one based on your sketch. Just perfect. :)

Mohawk Crafter said...

Wow, I mean, wow! The more I see of the examples of these kits, the more I want!

Cottagerca said...

Robin, your work is always elegant, thanks so much for taking the time with the details.... love your artistic vision!!!
ava

Mona E said...

My Goodness! These LOs are absolutely magnificent. Love the design of every one of them. Though i think the one with your parents is my fav. Love the colours of this kit. Fab job! Hugs...Mona

Nicole said...

Gorgeous layouts Robin!!! You are one talented lady!

Bubby's Momma said...

I love your many many layers. Beautiful
Margie Green - USA

Cherished said...

wonderful work