Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Friday, October 7, 2011

Scrap That! October “Bella Rosa Kit” Reveal Blog Hop!



Welcome to the Scrap That! October “Bella Rosa Kit” Reveal Blog Hop!  I am so pleased that you have joined us for the hop today. We have EIGHT BEAUTIFUL blogs for you to visit this weekend. The team has created gorgeous projects using the Scrap That! October “Bella Rosa” Kit. This amazing kit features the Prima Romantique and Creative Imaginations patterned papers as well as Dusty Attic chipboard, crystals and lovely flowers.

If you have arrived from Lisa’s blog, you are in the right place. To start at the beginning of the hop, click here to be taken to the Scrap That! site.

Here is today’s blog hop order:

Scrap That! - http://scrapthatchat.blogspot.com/
Dusty Attic - http://dustyattic.ning.com/
Jeni O’Connor- http://jocmomentsoftime.blogspot.com/
Karen- http://agirlsscrapobsession.blogspot.com/
Lisa - http://kaye2222.blogspot.com/
Robin - http://robinshakoor.blogspot.com/ (You are here!)
Shona - http://suchawonderfulmess.blogspot.com/
Vicky - http://simplypaperandcreativity.blogspot.com/

The Layouts


Surprise!  If you watched the “Glubers” video I hinted that the lace flower would be included on one of my projects…here it is!  This layout was fun to make and includes some of my favorite things…flowers, chipboard and a touch of lace. 




I used the glubers included in the kit to make this lace flower.  This flower was quick and easy to make and I hope you give it a try.


I used several pieces of Dusty Attic Chipboard to enhance my page.  Each piece was painted with Manila acrylic paint by Making Memories.  I didn’t apply a heavy technique to the pieces because of the heavy embellishments already on the page.  I simply added small touches of liquid pearls. 



Scrap That! Main and Embellishment Kits; Liquid Pearl (Petal Pink); Dusty Attic Chipboard; Fiskars: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, Corner Punch; Martha Stewart Crafts: Monarch Butterfly punch; Scrapbook Adhesives: Foam Squares; Tattered Angels: Chalkboard Glimmer Mist (Cotton Candy); Pebbles Inc.: Pearlescent Chalks Shimmers; Beacon: Zip Dry; Photo Credit:  Rebecca Abell - Dreamstime


The Sketch

I had the honor of designing the sketch this month for our talented design team to use with this beautiful kit. For those of you who have followed me for a while, you will recognize the sketch as I have used it before and posted it on my blog for contests. This is my favorite sketch design and I was honored that it was selected.






My first layout was created using the main kit and sketch. To begin, I converted my photo to a sepia tone so as not to clash with the patterned papers.

My flowers and leaves were made using dies. The flowers are Tim Holtz’s Tattered Florals and the leaves are Sizzix Leaves. I love the shape of these leaves and they were quick and easy to make. Once I die cut them, I sprayed them with glimmer mist then folded them in the center. Once they were dry I was left with this gorgeous molded shape.



The swirls you see behind my flowers were made using a die called “Swirls” from Lifestyle Crafts.



Scrap That! Main Kit; Creative Memories:  Jumbo Circle Cutter,  Circle Punch, Glue Pen; Die Cutting System:  Lifestyle Crafts (Revolution), Sizzix;  Dies:  Tim Holtz  (Tattered Florals), Lifestyle Crafts (Nutmeg Alpha , Swirls), Spellbinders (Lacey Circles);  Martha Stewart Crafts:  Monarch Butterfly Punch;  Fiskars:  Paper Trimmer, Scissors, Photo Corner Punch;  Scrapbook Adhesives:  Foam Squares; Ranger:  Glimmer Mist (Rum Punch, Key Lime, Dazzling Diamonds); Beacon:  Zip Dry; atyou Spica Glitter Pen (Melon)



This layout was created using the main kit along with the embellishment add on.  I chose this collection of papers from Creative Imaginations IOD to enhance this beautiful photo.  In my layout above I cut a circle from the center of my patterned paper.  I used the circle in that layout and saved the negative to use here.  I used the remainder of the paper and layered it on top of patterned paper. 

Before adhering the pages together, I punched small circles (5/8”) and placed them under my circle cut out as shown below.


More handmade flowers using Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals die.  I layered my handmade flower with flowers included in the kit.


You will also notice that this layout is also based on the sketch.  Instead of one focal flower in the lower corner of my photo, I created a cluster of flowers, leaves and flourishes.  I used the botanical branch from the main kit


I cut a decorative frame from my patterned paper and layered it using foam squares.  The ribbon you see below the photo was sprayed with Glimmer Mist (Rum Punch) to achieve the splotchly affect you see above.


Scrap That! Main and Embellishment Kits; Pearl Pen:  Viva Décor (Cardamine Red); Creative Memories:  Jumbo Circle Cutter, Glue Pen; EK Success:  Circle Punch 5/8”; Die Cutting System:  Lifestyle Crafts (Revolution), Sizzix; Dies:  Tim Holtz  (Tattered Florals), Lifestyle Crafts (Swirls); Fiskars:  Paper Trimmer, Scissors, Photo Corner Punch; Scrapbook Adhesives:  Foam Squares; Ranger:  Glimmer Mist (Rum Punch, Dazzling Diamonds); Beacon:  Zip Dry


The Kits

Bella Rosa Main Kit
Contents:
Prima Romantique Collection of Papers
Creative Imaginations IOD - Provencial - Provencial
Creative Imaginations IOD - Provencial - Bordeaux
Creative Imaginations IOD - Provencial - Jolie
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Chiffon / Leapfrog / Wheat
Prima Romantique Alphas - may be substituted for other Prima Alphas
Prima Blossom Branches - Pistachio
Prima Say it in Crystals Strip
3 Prima Cottage Blossoms - Baby Blue
12 Prima Romantique Avon Roses
6 Prima Athena Flowers - Pink
Ranger Liquid Pearls - Buttercup
Dusty Attic Sweet Pea Border DA0593
4 two inch Cosmo Cricket Glubers
1 Length of Crocheted Lace

Embellishment Add On
Prima Bengal Blooms - Mauve
Prima Romatnique - Flower Market
Kaiser Craft paper Blooms - Dusty Pink

Prizes

We have THREE prizes up for grabs:

A Dusty Attic Prize Pack - generously provided by Jennifer Hedger owner of DA
A Scrap That! Paper Crafting Kit
A Scrap That! Store Gift Certificate

Read on to learn THREE ways you can win!

First visit all eight blogs and leave a comment on each blog :) **This is important so we know you have been to all the blogs **. (Please note: Dusty Attic does not have a blog but just follow the link leave a comment on the forum thread in their community.) Dusty Attic will choose a comment winner from their forum.


If you want to enter to win the Grand Prize of a Scrap That! Paper Crafting Kit, then head over to our COMMUNITY for details on our monthly challenge. The challenge will run from Oct 10th to 24th so you have LOTS of time to post your creations. You can enter as many times as you like. You do not need to be a subscriber to participate. The more entries, the more chances you have to win!


Finally, if you post our blinkie on your blog you will be entered to win a Scrap That! Store Gift Certificate - super easy right? Just post a link to your blog on the Scrap That! Blog so we can come visit :)

Thank you for stopping by! Next stop on the hop is Shona’s blog. Click here to see the beautiful projects Shona has waiting for you.





30 comments:

sonyaeverding said...

WOW I can usually choose my favorie right away but all of yours are beautiful.

Romy said...

Oh wow, I'm completely speechless (and I use to be very talkative!). Your layouts are just so stunning. I especially adore the first layout with the folded paper. It just defines the WOW-factor:)

Vicky Alberto said...

your sweet layout is to die for!

scrappin_in_AK said...

beautiful pages - such great details. LOVE the bottom page - so eyecatching

Pendra said...

Wow Robin, these are all sooooo beautiful! One right after the other of gorgeous details, I could study all day long! I have been a follower of yours for a long time! You have such a gorgeous sense of style on all your pages. I adore the sketch and this BEAUTIFUL kit this month! Thanks for being part of this inspirational hop!

pattyo said...

Stunningly beautiful layouts!

langeatheart said...

Rona I would have to go to scrappin school to produce anything remotely wonderful as your work. The pages speak volumes. Wow I am amazed! Thank-you for sharing you art with us!

Sandy Pasch said...

It was interesting to see that you did a layout about a favourite book. I also did one about my son's favourite bedtime story that we had to read every night. It brings back nice memories as he is now 29 years old. Very lovely interpertation!

Cindy Gay said...

Love the layout with your daughter. Unsure if that's your daughter in the last layout but I love it too!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

Robin, your work just amazes me. Its so clean and beautiful! I love all your details!

lynn79 said...

the paper folding, just blew me away! Great inspiration!

Cherished said...

wow speechless wonderful work

Fran Brunke said...

Stunning - in every detail of each l/o. Love your Gluber flower and what you did with the Tattered Florals. Always lots to learn from your work. Cheers.

Rusticdiva said...

Lovely layouts Robin great use of the kit and I love your idea of the circle cut-outs giving a scolloped effect. I see your gluber lace flower..very pretty. Thanks for sharing and your tutorial.

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Hi Robin! Just joining in the hop today. Your work is amazing. SO much detail and SO many layers. Just my cup of tea!

EFI said...

Oh my!!!Your creations are just stunning!!!! So lovely, perfect work, the color combo is great and so many embellishments!!!! I looove everything! Thank you Robin for the amazing inspiration and your fantastic tutorial!!!!

Dorothy said...

gosh. your hands create such beautiful projects. i love looking at your works.

Sandi Smith said...

Just stunning Robyn....love every layout and every detail! WOW!!!!

Pips said...

WAUW!! You are the master! - You put stuff togheter in a way that make it look like a million! I LOVE your works and i wish i could do something like that. Thank you for sharing!

Pips said...

Oh.. this comment is for the blog - hop ... and by the way :o) I LOVE your flower - and the sketch you created are Gorgeous!

paper doll said...

Robin- i love your work! Thanks for the hop opp!

Mo said...

Thanks indeed for your great tutorial, love it !!!
Big Hugs,
Mo

Jolaine Frias said...

Gorgeous creations Robin! Love all the details you meticulously add to your projects! TFS!

Cindie said...

Beautiful layouts. Thank you for the tutorial. Can't wait to try it out.

vickie c said...

Loved all your layouts. Each one was so amazing

Keren Tamir said...

Wow your layouts are stunning. I love them!!!

http://kerentamir.blogspot.com/

Today for Tomorrow said...

WOW! The first layout blew me away, then the next and the next. They are all stunning and I love the variety of colours. Thank you for the Glubers tutorial - now need to give it a go but first I am going to do some more exploring on your blog.

Cottagerca said...

Robin, wonderful layouts of creative art. really appreciate the detail on "how" you obtained the look you achieved in your works of art. Really like the negative space circle and using half circles on the inside of the circle rather than the tradition outside rim of the circle!!!
ava

Shona said...

wow Robin...love everything. Gorgeous layouts and love the tut too :)

Jax said...

Love your layouts! The distressing on the photo of the baby in the swing is such a nice touch.