Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Emporium Mini Album




Hello everyone!

I am the "Martha Stewart" of Christmas in my family. My maiden name is actually "Stewart" so I get teased quite a bit.

I made this mini album to display duirng the holiday season and for many years to come. I chose this album because of the unique design of the cover. The open design allows for lots of Graphic 45 goodness to shine through.

The cover of my album features Santa surrounded by flowers and chipboard tags. The album cover has diamond cut outs so I traced the shape on Core'dinations color core cardstock and cut out the diamonds. Once I adhered the black cardstock to the base, I measured each square on the top of the cover. I used "Merry and Bright" to create each of the squares then I adhered them on top of the black cardstock base.



I kept this page clean and simple since you can see it through the cover. I covered the base with the reverse side of "Happy Holidays" and I used the image shown from the front side of "Happy Holidays." I finished the design with a chipboard sentiment and flower accents.



This page showcases my daughter's holiday photo. I used several pieces of chipboard from the Die Cuts 1 & 2 sheets. I trimmed the bottom of the page with black pom pom trim to add a bit of elegance.



I used Core'dinations color core cardstock and Martha Stewart Crafts Vintage Floral punch to frame this gorgeous image from "Happy Holidays." I used puff paint on the fur trim of the image for a gorgeous 3-D effect, then I inked lightly with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. I added pleated cardstock and crystals to the bottom of page. I made these elements long enough to be seen when the album is closed. I finished off the page with red flowers and ornate flower centers.


Graphic 45 Papers:
Christmas Emporium: Happy Holidays, Merry and Bright, Christmas Emporium, Under the Mistletoe
Graphic 45 Chipboard: Christmas Emporium: Die Cuts 1 & 2
Core'dinations: SigSeries G45 12x12 Asst Pack 30/PKG*
May Arts: Twine
Want2Scrap: Chipboard Flourishs, Pearls
Maya Road: Transparencies
Melissa Frances: Crystal Gems
Prima: Flowers
Ranger Industries: Distress Ink: Black Soot, Fired Brick
Martha Stewart Crafts: Vintage Floral Punch
Provo Craft: Just My Type Embossing Folders
Kaisercraft: Moroccan Album, Gems
Morex Corporation: Ribbon
7 Gypsies: Album Stand

Thanks for joining me today.  Please be sure to leave me a comment to let me know if you have enjoyed your visit today. I love hearing from my all of my visitors.

If you have a question you can contact me directly by clicking the "Contact" link at the top of the page.


6 comments:

Nancy Wethington said...

WOW! Another masterpiece. This is gorgeous!

Sandy said...

this is a beautiful mini album, as for all the other projects you create! Just stunning!!

Artfully Musing said...

Lovely work!

scrappylikethat said...

it's stunning!

Maria said...

Oh Robin, this is just gorgeous!!

Roxie Welchel said...

Robin, this is beautiful, I would never tire of admiring this little book on my coffee table or shelf. You are so creative with your flower embellishments. I truly loved my visit here today. Blessings to you and your family this holiday season.