Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Graphic 45 & May Arts Blog Hop!

  

Hello everyone and welcome to the Graphic 45 May Arts Blog Hop!

Graphic 45 and May Arts are teaming up for a super fun blog hop December 12-16th! There will be tons of inspiration, fabulous prizes, incredible crafts and so much more! Behold the magic that happens when Graphic 45 vintage-inspired papers and embellishments join forces with gorgeous May Arts ribbons! Our design teams are going all out to bring you the most enchanting crafts! You'll discover lots of fabulous new ideas to inspire your holiday season! Have fun and get inspired every day of this fantastic blog hop with Graphic 45 and May Arts!

Want to learn more about Graphic 45 and May Arts? Here's some fun information about these two fantastic crafting companies!

Graphic 45
Graphic 45 an award-winning scrapbook and paper crafting company­— owned and operated by a mother and her two daughters. Together we create vintage inspired crafting products that capture the flamboyant style of the 1920's and 30's - with vibrant color, irresistible texture and imaginative design to create products with decades-old appeal that's both fresh and familiar. Let our products inspire your next scrapbook layout, card, album, altered art project, or home decor DIY project.

May Arts
May Arts is a ribbon wholesaler, based in Riverside, Connecticut, serving over 16,000 customers worldwide. We offer an exceptional selection of ribbons, including sheer, satin, grosgrain, silk and a variety of patterns and prints. We also maintain a steady stock of inventory so that orders can be fulfilled immediately. As one of the country’s leading wholesalers of decorative ribbons, May Arts has been providing superior products and the highest level of customer service for over 25 years.

I am so excited to be taking part in this hop today. I am a long time fan of May Arts ribbons and it has been a joy incorporating their ribbon in my project today.



I altered a dessert plate by Southern Living at Home with the Graphic 45 Christmas Emporium collection and rich May Arts ribbon. The plate design allows you to thread your favorite ribbon around the outer edge of the plate.

The beautiful May Arts ribbon holds my design in place without me having to glue anything down.  This allows me to change my design to fit any occasion.



I also used the same gorgeous May Arts ribbon on this greeting card.  The ribbon adds such an elegant touch to my project.


Graphic 45:  Christmas Emporium - Christmas Emporium, Joyous Noel
Graphic 45: Curtain Call - Curtain Call
Graphic 45 Chipboard:  Die Cuts 1
May Arts:  Ribbon BE08, Black
Scrapbook Adhesives:  My Stik Tape Runner
X-acto Knife
Dessert Plate:  Southern Living at Home
Creative Memories:  Jumbo Circle Cutter


Today's blog hop schedule
(click on the name to be taken to their blog)

Robin Shakoor  (You're here!)
 

Prizes



There are lots of exciting chances to win terrific prizes! Graphic 45 is giving away this wonderful prize pack that contains a Tropical Travelogue 12x12 paper pad, coordinating chipboard die-cuts 1 & 2, and some gorgeous May Arts ribbons! Check it out! It's easy to enter to win this awesome prize.

Each day Graphic 45 will be featuring a sneak peek image from one of our design team member's blogs. Just hop on over to their blog and leave a comment! You'll discover some super inspiring crafts, learn some fun crafting techniques, and maybe even win a great prize!

A random comment will be chosen from one of our design team member's blogs and announced on Monday, December 19th! There's also an exclusive Facebook prize! Check out the Graphic 45 Facebook page and leave a comment for your chance to win!

May Arts is also offering gorgeous prizes on their blog and Facebook page! So you'll definitely want to check it out! Just tell them that Graphic 45 sent you! So much inspiration! So many chances to win prizes! This is going to be a great week!



May Arts Blog: http://www.mayarts.com/blog

May Arts Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/mayarts

Happy Holidays!

105 comments:

craftylyn said...

Robin,I love the plate,what a beautiful idea and the card is extra special...inspirational work.

Charmaine said...

What a beautiful idea with the plate. And I LOVE that ribbon it's so classy.

Anonymous said...

Love your idea with the plate . Lovely card also . France

stamping sue said...

Wonderful projects. thanks so much for sharing.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

The May Arts brown ribbon on the dessert plate looks good enough to eat too! Enjoyed browsing around your blog and seeing your work. Mary Werner

Primitive Seasons said...

Such wonderful projects. I'm really enjoying this!

Mary

cardstockaholic said...

These are stunning!! Very beautiful!

Kathy said...

Wow, beautiful projects today, Robin....that plate is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Robin, I have been a fan of yours for a long time,and you are so creative. The projects today are yummy--love the dessert plate idea! The card is very impressive with that ribbon.

JamieH

disneylisa said...

Pretty plate but there's no way I would dare put food on it even for a second.

Colleen O said...

The ribbon is a gorgeous accent on both the plate and the card. Thanks

Jackie - aka funhockeymom25 said...

WOW!!!! stunning project!

Trish said...

The plate decor is great.

Beth said...

Pretty! The ribbon sets everything off...

Vail said...

Love what you did with the plate, and the ribbon truly does dress up you card.

chiara key said...

Such a delicate project but with such impact I love it

Kathy said...

Beautiful plate and idea. Happy Holidays!

Jeyatha said...

Love the ribbon used.. Beautiful plate..

Jaime Gildemeister (gildemonster@ameritech.net) said...

The plate is great! I also LOVE the ribbon on the card. Thanks!

Farley said...

Oh my! Your creations just leave me oohing and aahing. Absolutely stunning.

Maria Moore said...

What an awesome idea! Just love this project.

Renee said...

Absolutely stunning dessert plate. Beautiful ribbons always make a project gurly and beautiful don't they!? TFS

eyes2theocean said...

Beautiful projects. I love the plate, but didn't see who made it.. I would love to have one. Does anyone know who makes it? Thank you for sharing these. :)

Sara T

Charlene said...

What a great idea although I'm not sure I could bear to put anything on that gorgeous G45 paper!

Vicki Marlin said...

Beautiful!

Robin Shakoor said...

Eyes2theocean...the name of the manufacturer is under the photo. lol. The plate is made by Southern Living at home. I don't know if the company still exits. It was an at home catalog sales company. Thanks so much for the wonderful compliment! I really appreciate it!

Miriam Prantner said...

I have that dessert plate - what a great idea! And I just love the ribbon/bow on the card. Gorgeous!

Gloria L. said...

What a great project!

jacirascrap said...

Que projeto interessante!! Muito belo!!

leighann said...

WOW! I Love your project and card. What a beautiful combo the G-45 papers and the May Arts ribbons make. TFS!

Margie said...

What a gorgeous dessert plate!! I love, love it!!

jordanbev5 said...

The ribbon and how your used it is just stunning! Love your ideas!

Marina said...

Both projects are very beautiful and stylish. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Both projects were outstanding.The ribbon was perfect! E.Valencia

csparky61 said...

I love hopping...I get so much inspiration, and your project was no exception. I tend to NOT think out of the box when it comes to my paper crafting supplies. Your beautiful plate is a reminder of what I could do! Thanks for sharing.

sleigh said...

Great projects! Didn't figure the plate out until I saw the piece of cake sitting on it...my eyes were fooled, lol!!!

angelic said...

Love the plate and card you created, the ribbon gives it a nice touch.

Smile Like U Mean It said...

great job i love how your project matches your card!! thanks for sharing
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Betty Anne said...

I can't believe all the amazing projects I am seeing on this blog hop. Your plate is fantastic and I love your card too.

Laura said...

I love the plate idea, I have a plate like that and can't wait to try it out.

Fruit Jar Nicky said...

Beautiful!!

Tolegranny said...

Wonderful plate.

Judy Webb said...

I'm loving May Arts ribbon....already in love with G45 papers.

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous! Great combination of ribbon and papers. What a fabulous bow!

Anonymous said...

That a cool plate I love how you've used the products and the card is gorgeous TFS!

Sheron N

CottageRose said...

Lovely projects, Robin!
Deb, qoq_1athotmaildotcom

Scrap2day said...

Oh Robin, both are so gorgeous! What a fantastic idea of the plate! Stunning!!!!

Sharon said...

that plate is so pretty love how you add the ribbon. It looks so elegant.
sdenimandlace1@aol.com

Wanda H. said...

The projects you come up with are so unique and that grafic45 christmas paper pack is faboulous, I like the card and the may arts ribbon you used.

Naomi said...

WOW, Robin, not only are both of your projects absolutely GORGEOUS but, that dessert plate idea is BRILLIANT!

gypsy rose said...

Fantastic idea! thanks for sharing.

PamS said...

What a beautiful plate. I like the idea of being able to change the design out. And your card is gorgeous.

Pendra said...

Robin these are gorgeous, that paper and ribbon look amazing together! I cannot imagine how beautiful your Holiday table is!
Crafty Holiday Hugs,
Pendra
pendrasplace.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You make some beautiful bows! Thanks for sharing.
Barb kingb52@comcast.net

christi said...

wow, i neve thought of using a plate before. thanks for a veiw from the other side. beautiful work.

A Touch of Creativity said...

This is very unique and beautiful! Love it!

Carol said...

Gorgeous projects! Very clever!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Trisha said...

Breath taking. Love that you can change your design out for the occasion. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

Scossie Jane said...

Love the plate Robin, what an original idea, and the card is gorgeous. Your bows are always so perfect, these two are no exception.... Hugs x

Nadine said...

Ahaha, I would never had the idea to use it on a plate! Perfect!

Barb said...

I love that plate--WOW

B. Poteraj said...

Gorrrrrgeous!

Rea' said...

Love your plate, that ribbon was a great choice, giving it a royal look !

sharon g said...

Thanks for the great ideas, and chance to win!

Deb said...

I have never seen a project like this! I love it!

nanatam said...

very cool! thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

This dessert plate is beautiful. I love the ribbon.

Jo said...

gorgeous projects! and that ribbon ... just divine!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous project. Thanks!
Nadia

Barbara Mason said...

That ribbon is sooo classy and the plate idea is grand!

DWD said...

WOW!!! Just stunning>

Cindy Lou said...

Boy, talk about a ribbon in specific making the whole project(s)! They are just so beautiful and that bow is just perfect and elegant. Thanks for sharing!

Cindy J said...

Beautiful work!!! Your attention to detail is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Great Ideas. I luv the card. Law

Emily said...

Isn't that plate just such a fun design?! So cool to be able to weave the ribbon through!

susie said...

I could see that plate decorating my wall! Love the card,too!

DB said...

Wow! Your work is amazing, I love the card!

Sandra said...

Wonderful!
Sandra ltb

rush said...

cool ornament and card. thank you for sharing. rush88888 at gmail dot com

Theresa Merkling said...

LOVE the plate project - but is that real cake on it? Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

bev said...

Love your design. How cleaver! thanks for sharing!

Velvet said...

What beautiful ribbon! and that card! Love your design aesthetic.

Stacey Boyd said...

Oh my this is absolutely wonderful, I luv the plate and how the ribbon (which is gorgeous) is run through it, give it a very elegant touch. Luv it!

eyes2theocean said...

Thank you Robin for the info. I didn't see the maker. But after your reply I did. lololol At any rate I found the plate and some diff styles of bowls as well. I totally love what you did with it. And now I can make my own. It really is lovely! :) Thank you!

Debc06 said...

Wow Robin love what you did with the desert plate. TFS
Debbie
http://craftywizard.blogspot.com
debbie_craine at hot mail dot com

JaniceA said...

Love this plate and the ribbon is beautiful addition. You card with the ribbon is fabulous. janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

Daisy Vilela said...

Love your prohects!

Hugs from Brasil

Nicolle74 said...

Gorgeous projects!..:)

Loren said...

I just love the ribbon!

reatelier said...

Beautiful card!!!

Carolyn McCravy said...

Great projects!! Love the card!!

Lynette Carroll said...

Robin these projects are beautiful as always - so love your work

Deb said...

Love the card and the use of the thick ribbon on it.

Nancy D. said...

Lovely projects!

SouthernBabies said...

Adore your card and the use of the ribbon. Very classy and elegant.

JEANNIE said...

Very Nice...Love the ribbon.

Lyla said...

Great project.....one that I may just have to use...lol

cal8007 said...

The flower card is gorgeous! Thanks for the chance to win

Carmen L

cal8007 at aol dot com

Mohawk Crafter said...

You inspire me to get into card making. I have been thinking of heading that way,this is the push that I was looking for.

Kathy Ethington said...

Oh my, what a stunning plate, and you could have a fantastic gift!

Email List Broker said...

Very good arts, hip hop !!

Scrapalajen aka Jennyfer said...

Inspirational projects Robin. TFS!

Sharon L-S said...

I love the way you used the ribbon and paper together in both projects. I especially like that you can use the same technique throughout the year on the cake plate.
thanks for Sharing & have a Merry Christmas

Marianne Louise said...

Hi, you have a beautiful blog and your project is a great idea. Love the ribbon.
Thanks for sharing.

Marianne

Scrappin Abby said...

Beautiful projects..so classy looking...I especially like your card..thx for sharing :)