Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Monday, December 5, 2011

Seasons Greetings! Card Sketch




Hello everyone! 

I can hardly believe that Christmas is just around the corner.  I haven't started the first bit of shopping yet, but working with the Christmas Emporium collection has definitely motivated me to get started. 

In creating my card sketch this month, I worked backwards.  I created the card first, then made a sketch based on my card design.  That was not my original plan, but I am happy with the final result.


This sketch is easily adaptable for any occasion and this type of design has been used by many card makers out there I am sure.  


I decided to tilt my focal image as well as the sentiment.  However, the star of this design is the large bow I made using ribbon by May Arts.  I love using different textures on cards, especially holiday cards.


Graphic 45 Papers:
Christmas Emporium: Christmas Emporium 8x8 Paper Pad
Curtain Call: Curtain Call
Graphic 45 Chipboard: Christmas Emporium Die Cuts 1 & 2
May Arts: Ribbon (BE08), Black
Core'dinations: SigSeries G45 12x12 Asst Pack 30/PKG*
Scrapbook Adhesives: Foam Squares, My Stik
Fiskars: Paper Trimmer
EK Success: Scissors
Helmar's 450 Quick Dry
Prima/Ingvild Bolme: Chalk Ink - Branch Bark
Scor-Pal

Please be sure to leave me a comment to let me know if you have enjoyed your visit today. I love hearing from my all of my visitors. If you have a question you can contact me directly by clicking the "Contact" link at the top of the page.

5 comments:

Luana said...

Very nice Robin. TFS

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Robin

This is a lovely card and great sketch love that big bow!

Take care

Tina

Scossie Jane said...

Perfect....

Luv 2 Create said...

Gorgeous card Robin. One of my favorites this year. Just love the colors and richness of this card. You're right - May Arts ribbon just really spiced up this card.
Marcie

Maria said...

This is so gorgeous, Robin!!