Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Friday, January 27, 2012

Magic Happens! Graphic 45 CHA Sneak Peek!

  

Hello and welcome!

Wow, the last two weeks have been absolutely crazy in my craft room!  I have been preparing all of my projects for the Winter 2012 Craft and Hobby Association (CHA) Show in Anaheim, CA.

As you can see from all of the sneaks I have posted, Graphic 45 has done it again!  They have created some of the most beautiful papers I have ever seen!  Out of all of the projects I prepared for the show this project, "Magic Happens", is my favorite.

Do you believe in love at first sight? If you do, then you will know how I felt the first time I saw the Olde Curiosity Shoppe collection. The gorgeous vintage imagery and magnificent color palette will truly make your heart soar. I found this wonderful vintage photo of Nellie Donegan taken in 1913. As soon as I saw it I knew she would make the perfect focal point for my design. I married the old with the new by usng Graphic 45's current metal and chipboard staples. They add just the right touch to this magical page.  



I created custom flowers for the layout to show the versatility of the papers.  I used my McGill Flower punch (Floriana) to create these lovely layered flowers.  I punched each layer, sprayed them with Perfect Pearls mist (Heirloom Gold), inked the edges, then shaped them.  Once I shaped each piece, I layered them and fastened them in the center using Graphic 45's button staples.  I trimmed around each button with Cinnamon Stickles.



This gorgeous image of a roller skate was my inspiration. I added another custom flower int he corner yet I didn't cover the beautiful flourish in the patterned paper.



Graphic 45 Papers
Olde Curiosity Shoppe: Olde Curiosity Shoppe, Bazaar of Wonders, Optical Oddities, Counting Down
Graphic 45 Staples: Chipboard Buttons, Metal Buttons
Scrapbook Adhesives: 3D Foam Squares
Fiskars: Paper Trimmer
McGill Flower Punch – Flowers – Floriano 2 1/8”, Tools
Ranger: Perfect Pearls Mist - Heirloom Gold, Distress Ink – Black Soot, Fired Brick, Walnut Stain; Stickles – Cinnamon
Creative Memories: Circle Cutter
Creative Imaginations: Chipboard Stickers
Helmar’s 450 Quick Dry Adhesive; Scotch ATG 700
 

Thanks so much for joining me today.


3 comments:

Sandi Smith said...

Wow Robin...beautiful creation once again. Your style is a PERFECT match for Graphic 45!

Jolaine Frias said...

Gorgeous page!

Megan Carey said...

Beautifully done... love the flowers you made. Absolutely inspiring!