Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Friday, February 10, 2012

Tropical Travelogue CHA Projects - Graphic 45

 

Can you feel the island breeze? The colors in the Tropical Travelogue collection are absolutely amazing. I am a fussy cutter and the images of tropical flowers instantly drew me to this collection of papers. It’s like a playground for fussy cutters! Lol.


I cut the main image from “Seaside Holiday” to create a beautiful tropical border. I used a template from The Crafter’s Workshop along with various colors of Distress Ink and Glimmer Mist to create a custom background. 




Tropical Travelogue has soooo many wonderful images. You can see the various layers of hand cut embellishments which coordinates perfectly with my page. 

Next I created a multitude of layers topped with flowers cut from “Garden Isle” paper.  To finish my design, I tucked chipboard flowers from “Tropical Travelogue Chipboard 1” between my fussy cut flowers for added dimension. 

Be sure to pick up this collection to create beautiful projects of your own.

ALTERED METAL FILM CANISTER AND ALBUM


I love the Metal Film Canister with Album set. I used the Tropical Travelogue collection to alter the tin and to create the round album.


This is a photo of the outside of my altered canister.  I used alcohol ink to color my tin.  Then, using a circle cutter from Creative Memories, I cut my patterned paper into circles.  I adhered the paper to the tin using liquid adhesive.  I created a soft border around the tin using rose ribbon which I colored with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  I finished my design with beautiful flowers from the Petaloo Darjeeling collection and a beautiful image from the Tropical Travelogue collection.



The album that accompanies the canister is a round accordian shape.  I decided to adhere several of the pages together to create a more traditional book as show below.


This photo shows how the book opens.



The circle cutters from Creative Memories are the perfect size for my album pages.  It takes all the guess work out when I am designing.



I trimmed each page using pearl pens and Stickles.  I really adds a lovely touch to the design.



Lifestyle crafts has a gorgeous die set called "Swirls" which I used to create the waves for my page.



Island Jewel
Graphic 45 Papers Tropical Travelogue: Paradise Postage; Seaside Holiday; Garden Isle; Tropical Travelogue; Seaside Holiday; Island Jewel
Graphic 45 Chipboard: Tropical Travelogue 1 
Scrapbook Adhesives: 3D Foam Squares
Fiskars: Paper Trimmer
Ranger: Stickles – Diamond
Tattered Angels: Glimmer Mist – Dragonfly
Bazzill: Cardstock
Ranger: Distress Ink - Black Soot, Barn Door, Shabby Shutters, Broken China; Glossy Accents
The Crafter’s Workshop: Paradise TCW186
Martha Stewart Crafts: Deep Edge Punch - Garden Gate
Helmar’s 450 Quick Dry; Scotch ATG 700

Altered Tin
Graphic 45 Papers Tropical Travelogue Collection: Tropical Travelogue, Seaside Holiday, Paradise Postage, Hibiscus Heaven, Oceania
Graphic 45 Chipboard: Tropical Travelogue 1 and 2
Graphic 45 Staples:  Metal Film Canister w/Album 
Fiskars: Scallop Edge Scissors
Petaloo: Darjeeling Leaves, Wild Rose Mix, Hydrangea –All Cream, Petites
Viva Décor: Pearl Pen – Ice White, Salmon, Black Soot
Creative Memories: Circle Cutter
Copic: Multiliner Pen - Black
Too Marker Products atyou Spica Pen – Clear
Tim Holtz: Ribbon
Ranger: Distress Ink – Broken China; Pop It Shapes; Stickles – Turquoise; Glossy Accents; Alcohol Ink – Lettuce, Stream
We R Memory Keepers: Crop-a-dile
Lifestyle Crafts: Swirls Die
Helmar’s 450 Quick Dry Adhesive, Scotch ATG 700
The Memrie Mare: Turquoise Seam Binding
Craft Supply: Black Seam Binding


I love hearing from my all of my visitors. If you have a question you can contact me directly by clicking the "Contact" link at the top of the page.

8 comments:

Crystal Thomas said...

What great projects! Love the tin

Vicky Alberto said...

OMG that breathtaking lo - heavenly!

Keren Tamir said...

truly beautiful Robin!! I've looked through your blog and just wanted to say that your creations are fantastic absolutely stunning!! I love your style.

Karen Shady said...

absoloutely stunning work Robin xx

Amy 29 said...

Just love your stunning work Robin,
it's so inspiring also love Grapic 45 product's!
Can't wait to get my papers that I won on there blog!
Have a great sunday....
Amy :)

Susie Bentz said...

Absolutely fabulous. The tin and the mini-album are just great!

KellyCreates said...

Simply amazing!!!! You are an inspiration, Robin :)

Salmi said...

Those colors and ribbons are looking so impressive , i like the vibrant colors theme........

Plastic Card
Plastic Cards
Scratch Card Printing