Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Sunday, April 15, 2012

New Craft Room! Still a Work in Progress

  
Hi everyone! 

I have been busy, busy, busy setting up my new craft room.  In February I began moving my room from the basement to my top floor to gain natural light. I didn't have windows in my former craft area and that is one feature that I really wanted for my new space. 

My room is still a work in progress and there are many changes to come.  I am having cushions made for my chairs (one of which is in the left corner of the photo above) to match my decor. 

New cornices are being made for my windows which will allow even more light to come in as the curtains you see will be become a table skirt for my new cloffice (closet/office) area.  Did you know that a few years ago my coworker submitted the word "cloffice" to Webster's Dictionary?  Yep, and they sent her a certificate.   Hmmm, I wonder if it ever appeared in print?

Please excuse the wires! lol

Here is the new cloffice, but it is far from finished.  Please excuse the wires. lol.  I am having a black and white skirt made in a few weeks and I will be painting the inside walls of the area.  This was a closet which still has the builders paint!  I just never thought to paint it when my clothes were in here. lol. 

My husband made and installed shelves for me which I have to paint.  I still haven't decided on what color to paint the walls or if it will be wallpapered.  Decisions, decisions.

I have two file cabinets and my sewing machine under the desk.  I don't use the filing cabinets on a daily basis (they hold business papers, etc) so this is a good place for them for now. 


Here are my cubes which were in my old space.  I have 15 and that is my limit.  I scaled down my supplies and now everything fits into my current storage units.  No craft hoarding for me! 
It was important for me to have wall space for actual art and not supply units. 

I gave my Making Memories embellishment center (wall unit) to a fellow crafter.  I know she will love it in her new craft area.  I also gave away my Clip it Up by Simply Renee.  I had stopped using it about a year ago and I knew my cousin would love to have it in her new space.  I am a believer in sharing the wealth and I had alot of great storage units that worked for me when I first started crafting, but they just don't work for me now.



I moved everything from old room except for my corner desk. On the weekends I have the sun going full blast! I have thick plastic covers over the papers to help protect them from the sun's rays.  I do not keep the shades up while I am at work during the week.



This is a new addition, Madeliene the dress form.  Well, she's not new to me, but I haven't had her in my craft room in over a year.  She fits perfectly in this new space.


Another new addition is my secretary.  It is from Ikea and I put it together in the middle of the night.  I can't help it, I got excited and I didn't want to wait until morning.  It wasn't  hard, you just have to take your time.



Here's a shot of the doors opened.  My daughter uses the desk to do computer work when she is home from college.  While she is away, I store my typewriter inside. 

I hope you enjoyed this quick peek into my craft room.  I will give updates from time to time as I finish up the room.

Thanks so much for joining me today.
  

31 comments:

Scrapthat said...

What a gorgeous space!!

Sandi Smith said...

Stunning Robin. I loved your old craft room but this is divine...love the natural light too!

Trina said...

What an absolutely fabulous space!

Not sure if you know...comment verification is on on your blog.

joyce said...

Outstanding Robin! I love the sophisticated appeal. Everything has a place and is put away and more importantly there's less distraction which allows your mind to be more creative. It almost looks like a quaint little store, I'd like to browse in.

Astrid Maclean said...

It looks fabulous!! So neat and tidy and well organised and yes the light is beautiful! So many great storage ideas and the decor so far looks fabulous!

Geraldine said...

beautiful space,

Crystal Thomas said...

Great looking room!

Vicky Alberto said...

ummmm WOW - it just so YOU :)

Tanya Flower said...

Wow, so beautiful!!!

Nancy Wethington said...

Gorgeous room! And so organized.

Caroleanne Wright said...

Hi Robin, WOW WOW WOWSER!!!!
Love it all.

langeatheart said...

Oh wow Robin it's gorgeous! Maybe one day when I feel I have earned the right to a gorgeous room I will try to do one up! Question is were? Hate to give up guest bedroom or take out walls :( TFS!

Artfully Musing said...

Your space is just wonderful and I love the color scheme. A beautiful place to work! Laura

Kim said...

I love your room.

Gina said...

Wow, a wonderful craft space. I had my mouth opened for every picture (drooling that is) lol.

Such a pretty room. It surely fits your wonderful style of crafting.

Gina

scrappyshed said...

Absolutely stunning!

Bellaidea said...

Thanks for sharing, I even had a tea when visiting:) Need to take photos in my place, I will invite you later on.

Lagene said...

AMAZING Space! I can not imagine such a neat organized craft room!!! Maybe someday I will get organized!

Coco Martha and Mimi Boutique said...

Very Pretty!

ShelbyDoodle Designs by Nancy Smith said...

What a stunner! I'm in awe...

Auntie Em said...

Your room is so elegant and coordinated. I love your cloffice and the white backwall is actually a nice look with your yellow walls.
Enjoy your space! :)

Roberta said...

I love ALL craft room!

Brenshevia said...

beautiful space Robin, I am so jealous!

Яна said...

It simply fairy tale!!!

Гуля said...

Super!

Fi said...

WOW, this is awesome and beautiful and pretty...lol I am envious!!! How do you keep it so tidy? Thanks for sharing.

Tracie Dean said...

I love your new craft space. I envy you all the gorgeous light.

I currently have just a little corner, but I love it all the same.

Good Luck and Happy Sales!

Charlotte Zweigoron said...

Your space is the one I told my readers "looked like it came out of Architectural Digest!" Yes, and it helped inspire me to re-do my room. I love the black and white in your room but I am more of a pastels person. If you go to my website you will see what I mean. I need to see my stuff if I'm going to use it so I have some of it on the wall. With the colorful stuff I use, it fit right into the decor! I am subscribed to your site, so I will be looking for updates as you continue your work in your room!!

Lainie said...

Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my keyboard. I love Madeliene, she's in a perfect spot!

hairdoc77 said...

Hi Robin, where does one find a table like yours?? Love your space!!! :)

Ailyn said...

I'm in the process of shopping for pieces for my new room and had my eye on the white secretary from IKEA. A simple google search and image browsing has brought me to your lovely blog! I lovvvve your craft room! It is STUNNING! I'll be subscribing to read more of your updates... and hopefully see more of Madeleine! hahaha! As for the secretary, has it treated you well over the past year? I'm absolutely in love with it and it would go so well with the bedroom set I'm getting. :)