Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Always Dream 12x12 Canvas

 


 
Hello everyone and welcome to the new year!  I am very excited about 2013 and I can’t wait to share new projects and techniques with you.

I started off my scrappy new year as a part of The Dusty Attic (DA) design team.    I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to be a part of this special team of talented artists.

My first project for them is this 12 x 12 canvas.  I wanted to fill my canvas full of artsy goodies while showcasing my photo.

To prepare my canvas I applied gesso, then a thin layer of cheesecloth to create texture.  Once the canvas was dry, I used a sponge to apply DA Dusty Pink acrylic paint.




I tore and painted DA corrugated cardboard, then sprinkled fine glitter while my paint was still wet. 




These lovely flowers from Recollections add a soft and elegant touch to the canvas. 



Here I painted the back of a Tim Holtz Fragment acrylic square using DA Dusty Pink paint.  Once the paint was dry I stamped the front of the piece using black Staz On ink.



I painted tan tags using DA white and Dusty Pink acrylic paints.  I wrapped pink baker’s twine around a small spool and tucked it into the flower vine.



I cut my Lacey Corner into halves, painted them white and placed them in the outer corners of my canvas.  I used Viva Décor’s Rose Pearl Pen to embellish the piece.




I used flowers from DA which I absolutely love.  Flowers and chipboard….how sweet is life! I used DA Albaster paint to color my metal book plate.  I added patterned paper to the center and applied pink pearls using a Viva Decor Pearl Pen in Rose.


The Dusty Attic Supplies

Dusty in Colour -  Alabaster; Dusty Pink
Lacey Corners
Dusty in Bloom – Bridal Veil; Evening Blush
Corrugated Cardboard

Other Supplies
Artist's Loft:  Canvas
Dritz:  Cheesecloth
Recollections:  Flowers – Large Pink Plastic
Tim Holtz:  Metal Book Plates; Acrylic Fragments
Carta Bella:  Patterned Paper
Prima:  Flower Vine
Lara's Crafts:  Spool
Queen & Co:  Baker’s Twine
Melissa Frances:  Flourishes and Glitter
Stampendous – Stamps
Clothes Pins
Viva Décor:  Pearl Pen – Rose
Staz On Ink:  Black

Thanks for visiting with me today. Please leave me a comment to let me know how you enjoyed your visit. If you have any questions, please click on the "Contact" tab at the top of the page.




7 comments:

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a great collage Robin!

have a nice weekend, Alie :-)

CathyMc said...

This is magnificent! So many beautiful details.

Dorthe said...

What a beautiful Canvas you made!
I love the flowers you used - and all the details are gorgeous!
You fully deserve to be on the DA team - you are so talented!

Sandie Edwards said...

Such an exquisite piece Robin...

Cindy Gay said...

Happy New Year Robin! I especially love the spool embellishment!

Kim said...

Beautiful canvas. Love all your details.

jacky croft said...

Hi, this is jacky ,You made a beautiful canvas, i really appreciate your work.
Canvas Art Painting