It's October...Think Pink!

Let's do what we can this month to bring awareness to the devastation breast cancer causes. Prevention is the key.

Read More

Prima October PPP...Join the challenge!

October ushers in a new season filled with chilly nights, gorgeous falling leaves and a new Prima fresh color palette challenge. Visit the Prima blog to see the gorgeous palette and beautiful samples from the design team.

Altered Book

If you love lots of layers you will love this project! I used several Graphic 45 paper collections to create an altered book. To take a closer look click on the “read more” tab.

Read More

Inside My Planner

I am starting a fun new feature on my blog this month. I have always been a "lister" and "to do" planning person. Now I have officially entered the fun and exciting world of planning which is all the rage. Take a look at one of my planners and also a peek at my planning desk.

Read More

Prima Favorites

I showcase a few of my favorite Prima products in this soft and pretty layout which features flowers, stenciling and die cutting.

Read More

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Love *The Dusty Attic*


Hello everyone! 

I am loving the new Lacey Corners chipboard design from The Dusty Attic.  It is probably my favorite of the January 2013 release. 

I painted the chipboard using acrylic paints from The Dusty in Colour collection.  I painted the entire piece using Storm Cloud, then I used a thin paint brush to add white accents using Navajo White paint.  I finished my design using Viva Decor's Pearl Pens in Ice White and Rose.  I also painted my corrugated cardboard using Navajo White with sprinkles of white glitter.

Here I painted my butterflies using Navajo White and Dusty Pink acrylic paints.  Once the paint was dry, I added a layer of clear crackle varnish to achieve the cracked glass look on the wings of my butterfly.

The Dusty Attic
Corrugated Cardboard (DA0830)
Dusty in Colour:  Navajo Whtie (DA0903), Dusty Pink (DA0907), Storm Cloud (DA0924)     
Lacey Corners (DA0847)
Butterflies #2 (DA0842)
Dusty in Bloom:  Bridal Veil (DA0805)

Other Supplies
Patterned Paper:  Lake House - Kaisercraft; Punch - Martha Stewart Crafts; Die - Memory Box; Resin Flourish & Glitter - Melissa Frances; Pearl Pen - Viva Decor;


La Nonna said...

Quelle page merveilleuse, j'adore le chipboard.

kate blue said...

absolutely gorgeous!

Cindy Gay said...

Ah, it's great!

langeatheart said...

I love what you do with the Dusty Attic! Your layouts are always stunning and now it's such a treat to see how you use DA helps with the inspiration and I am in awe of your scraproom. Keep showing my hubby and telling him that's what I want (still in my same corner :()TFS!

Dianne said...

How did I miss this beauty, the layout is STUNNING, I love those fancy corners too,lovely soft colors for the Princess in the photo, thanks for sharing you are such an inspiration....