Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Scraps of Elegance February Kit "Lovesong"

     

Hello everyone and welcome to the Scraps of Elegance February reveal of “Lovesong.”  I am thrilled to be the guest designer this month and I would like to thank the Scraps of Elegance family for inviting me.
 
 
Main Kit
 
 
Embellishment Kit
 
This kit is filled with gorgeous papers and embellishments that will inspire you.  Not only does this kit come with everything you need to create beautiful projects, but there is also an embellishment and flower add-on available.  To take a look visit Scraps of Elegance.
 
Sweet Valentine

 
 
My first project is based on this month’s sketch which I turned on it’s side. 
 
 
I kept the initial orientation of the patterned paper and just turned all the other design elements.
 
I wanted to create a title using papers from the kit so I used the Classic Upper Alphabet Die Set from Memory Box to die cut my letters. 
 
 
There are beautiful chipboard hearts and birds included in the kit.  I painted them white then dabbed bits of pink here and there.  Once dry, I added a clear glaze to the top.
 
 

I added white acrylic paint to my flowers to give them interest.  The main kit has the most amazing butterflies which I nestled in my flowers.
 
 
I used several of the rub-ons included in the kit to place hearts and this sweet valentine's sentiment on my page.
 
The Story of Us
 
 
I went for a romantic feel on this layout which features dies cuts, flowers and a beautiful cherub.  I tore the edges of the lighter page using my Fiskars deckle edge ruler.  This tool is definitely a must have when creating distressed layered pages.

  
The ribbon and cherub are part of the embellishment add-on kit and really added pure beauty to the page.  I used dies from Memory Box to create monochromatic leaves and flourishes.   Keeping the colors soft allows for lots of texture without making the page seem too heavy.
 
 
I added hearts sparingly to my page.  I used two dies from Memory Box (Fresh Foliage and Blooming Vine) to create light embellishments for my page. 
 
 

Love You

 
For my next two layouts I have taken a bit of a lighter approach.  I am not really a crafter that has a particular style.  Some of my projects are vintage and shabby while others can be clean and fresh.  My motivation came from the papers and this pattern screamed light and pretty!
 
I turned the patterned paper so that the hearts are going vertically in the center of my page. 
 
 
I used the banners from the die cuts sheet and placed them beneath my photo.  I wanted to do something a little different as we usually see the banners hanging from string.  I also staggered their placement so they would be different lengths.  

I painted the chipboard "Love You" title found in the embellishment kit using acrylic paints from The Dusty Attic’s Dusty in Colour collection.  I used Cranberry, Dusty Pink and Sugar Plum to match the color to my page. 

Lovely Girl
 

I love how this page came together.  I loved the giant pennant shapes included in the kit and thought they would look great hanging straight down from the corner of my page.

 
The main kit included these lovely little cards which I fanned out like playing cards. 


 

Scraps of Elegance Lovesong Kit:  Main and Embellishment Add-on
The Dusty Attic:  Acrylic Paints
Martha Stewart Crafts:  Chalk Ink, Deep Edge Punch
Memory Box:  Classic Upper Alphabet Set, Fresh Foliage, Blooming Vine
Fiskars:  Deckle Edge Ruler, Scallop Edge Scissors

Be sure to visit the Scraps of Elegance page throughout the month to see what the amazing design team has created.

Thanks for visiting with me today. Please leave me a comment to let me know how you enjoyed your visit. If you have any questions, please click on the "Contact" tab at the top of the page.



3 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Oh so lovely! Saw your card in the Scrapbook Trends I got in the mail yesterday! Also a pretty creation! Have a great week!

Nancy Wethington said...

Gorgeous layouts Robin!

Dianne said...

They are all sooooo gorgeous, I was very excited when I saw you got picked for their designer, I don't do scrapbooking but like to look at other artist. I think you are one of the best scrapbookers in blogger land. Is scrapbooker a word, LOL, google says no. Thanks for sharing. I will enjoy coming here every week from here on in...