Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter! A Birdhouse Tutorial

  

Hello everyone and Happy Easter!

Today I am sharing a set of three birdhouses that I made using Birdhouses 1, 2 and 3 from The DustyAttic.




First I laid all of the pieces out for my birdhouse. I have labeled each piece for you in the photo.

You can paint the pieces or cover them with patterned paper or other media at this step.  You could even stamp the outside!


Begin to assemble your house. I used a quick dry liquid adhesive to secure each piece.


I placed patterned paper on the inside of each of the houses.



The house is beginning to take shape now.



Now that the houses are assembled you can decorate the outside. 



I wanted a slightly weathered look so I painted light coats of Dusty in Colour - Navajo White over the houses. Then once dry, I decorated with patterned paper, pearls, bling and stickers.





The Dusty Attic:  Birdhouses 1 through 3, Dusty in Colour - Navajo White Acrylic Paint
Graphic 45:  Secret Garden Cardstock Stickers
Zva Creative:  Pearl Lines
Helmar's 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
Zip Dry Quick Dry Adhesive
Viva Decor:  Pearl Pen - Light Green, Salmon


Thanks for visiting with me today. Please leave me a comment to let me know how you enjoyed your visit. If you have any questions, please click on the "Contact" tab at the top of the page.



3 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Robin-these are beautiful! It's also a great photo and display! Hope you had a nice Easter.

Dianne said...

How did I miss these, I'm bird crazy so I love the house, they are beautiful, I might try to make one, well have to cut it out myself but thats okay, thanks for the inspiration...

Lisa West said...

These are gorgeous, The jewel just makes it perfect. How did you ever decide on the decor...I would have fussed for way too long and still couldn't have come up with such a delightful end result :) cheers, Lisa