Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells Greeting Cards

  

Hello everyone!
 
I used the new Steampunk Spells collection from Graphic 45 to create these elegant Halloween cards.  I really like non-traditional Halloween cards and this collection offers just the right mix of images and patterns for this type of design. 


I used chipboard frames from the Elegant Frames set (DA0869) from The Dusty Attic to frame my focal image.  I painted the frame using black acrylic paint, then added turquoise blue as an accent color. 


I used flower layers from the collection to create a 3-D flower.  Once I layered the petals, I trimmed each using Stickles which adds a beautiful bold effect. 


Good Fortunes Card
My next card also features an elegant chipboard frame used as a background design.

I loved the hot air balloon images found in the paper collection.  I cut each image and adhered them to the page using foam squares.  I used the gorgeous flower layers again to create a coordinating embellishment.  The sentiment was also cut from the papers in the collection.


I painted the chipboard frame using turquoise paint, then inked the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink.  I finished my chipboard design by adding two decorative chipboard circles from the collection.

Graphic 45:   Steampunk Spells Paper, Sticker and Chipboard Collection
The Dusty Attic:  Elegant Frames Set (DA0869)
Ranger:  Distress Ink - Black Soot; Stickles - Black Diamond; Dabber - Pitch Black
Making Memories:  Ocean Blue Acrylic Paint
May Arts:  Ribbon
Martha Stewart Crafts:  Iron Gate Punch

Thanks for visiting with me today. Please leave me a comment to let me know how you enjoyed your visit. If you have any questions, please click on the "Contact" tab at the top of the page.



4 comments:

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Hi Robin,what a great cards,love the bold colors and designs you used also the flower on the first one,wow! greetings Miranda

Lucie said...

Ces cartes sont magnifiques ! J'adore celle avec les montgolfières !!!

Crystal Thomas said...

Beautiful card

GiggirlNY said...

You are very talented Robin! Gorgeous design. Very original.