Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Timeless and Treasured Moments Journal

  

Hello everyone!

I am here to share a tutorial with you using a beautiful journal (DA0950 Dusty Journal) from The Dusty Attic. 



First you will paint your gate on both sides using white acrylic paint.  Set aside to dry.


Place the journal on top of patterned paper.  Using a pencil, trace the outline of the journal onto the paper. 


Cut the design from the patterned paper and set aside.


You can now decorate the front of the journal by creating a frame or adding other design elements.  For this project, I kept my design flat.



Using DA0894 Ornate Gate #2 from The Dusty Attic trace the shape of the gate onto patterned paper.



When tracing your design add  a 1/2" border to the edge of the gate as shown.  This will be used to attach the gate to your patterned paper.  Fold your paper in half at the vertical line and cut the design.


Once your design has been cut, separate into to pieces by cutting on the fold line as shown.


Adhere the cut pieces to the back side of the gate pieces. 


Adhere the gate pieces to the cover piece as shown.


You can now adhere the pieces to the cover of the journal.


Add ribbon to close the gate pieces and add roses to finish the design.

Thanks for visiting with me today. Please leave me a comment to let me know how you enjoyed your visit. If you have any questions, please click on the "Contact" tab at the top of the page.



6 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Perfect paper crafting.

WrinkleFreeDiva said...

This cover just made me catch my breath. It is just gorgeous!

Lizzyc said...

HI..This journal cover is superb, so pretty and I love how you have put the gates on... love this!!

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Gorgeous Robin! Wow! Thanks for the tutorial. I love your creativity. I found your blog while searching for Anna Griffin dies. So glad I found it.

I am your newest follower and would love to have you follow my blog also.

Please join me for a chance to win FREE candy on my blog. Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

dstandard said...

What a gorgeous album cover! Beautiful!

Mary Decker said...

Just beautiful! I could see that as a wonderful gift for a friend. You are an amazing designer.